Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Stranded

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stranded

Post by commander crusher on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:12 pm

Help me get better at the moc.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3457039

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3457040

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3457046

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3457496

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3457505

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3457525

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3457532

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3457537

There is no speaking because it will be changed. There is a droid that is sort of flaoting in air because of the force.

commander crusher
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : same as CAPTAINREX


http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=345290

Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by Commander Mongoose on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:24 pm

I love myz Fordo! Ok, moc, needs more greebles!
avatar
Commander Mongoose
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Pennsyvania


Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by Darth Yoda on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:08 pm

Wow I love it, look at that baseplate! (whistles) Razz
avatar
Darth Yoda
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 22
Location : school


http://www.flickr.com/photos/32354339@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by Sialboats on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:16 pm

Commander Mongoose wrote:Ok, moc, needs more greebles!

No, it doesn't What it needs is a actual MOC. To call this a MOC is to call bread crusts a gormet meal. It's just a baseplate, with some mini-figures and some bricks slopped on it.

  • I don't care how little Lego you have, anyone could have done better with what is displayed in this -- model. Just popping down a few pieces here and there doesn't do it. Try to sculpt slopes, dig out trenches, make cliffs; just anything but that sorry collection of bricks.
  • THOSE ARE NOT JEDI. By the Force, why is one wearing a fireman's hat! Where are their robes or armor... anything?
  • The postioning of the units is piss-poor. A ARC just magically appears on the edge of the baseplate -- nice. Not a single droid turns to face him -- nice.
  • Don't customize unless you know how. Get rid of that droid that looks like I bled on it. Furthermore, uniformity is key with units. Make the Seperatist lines organized, and try to get some similiarity between those clones. For goodness sake, you've got a unmarked ARC, a red ARC, and another who also looks like I smeared my bodily fluids on it. Keep them all red, all white, or don't put any down at all....



I can be your most bitter critiquer, or I can laud you from here to Ansion. You're far from the latter Shocked . Advise you shape up, because this is unacceptable as of current .
avatar
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : Florida, United States


http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by Commander Mongoose on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:23 pm

Sialboats wrote:
Commander Mongoose wrote:Ok, moc, needs more greebles!

No, it doesn't What it needs is a actual MOC. To call this a MOC is to call bread crusts a gormet meal. It's just a baseplate, with some mini-figures and some bricks slopped on it.

  • I don't care how little Lego you have, anyone could have done better with what is displayed in this -- model. Just popping down a few pieces here and there doesn't do it. Try to sculpt slopes, dig out trenches, make cliffs; just anything but that sorry collection of bricks.
  • THOSE ARE NOT JEDI. By the Force, why is one wearing a fireman's hat! Where are their robes or armor... anything?
  • The postioning of the units is piss-poor. A ARC just magically appears on the edge of the baseplate -- nice. Not a single droid turns to face him -- nice.
  • Don't customize unless you know how. Get rid of that droid that looks like I bled on it. Furthermore, uniformity is key with units. Make the Seperatist lines organized, and try to get some similiarity between those clones. For goodness sake, you've got a unmarked ARC, a red ARC, and another who also looks like I smeared my bodily fluids on it. Keep them all red, all white, or don't put any down at all....



I can be your most bitter critiquer, or I can laud you from here to Ansion. You're far from the latter Shocked . Advise you shape up, because this is unacceptable as of current .

Come on dude, lighten up. For all we know he could be a five year old!
avatar
Commander Mongoose
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Pennsyvania


Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by Thunder-blade on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:25 pm

I agree with Sialboats, but I don't think you have to be so harsh.... there's a better way to tell him that his MOC needs work.
And Mongoose, I am pretty sure he's 9 years old....

And Crusher, I think that your red ARC turned out pretty good!
avatar
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far, far away...


http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by Sialboats on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:44 pm

Commander Mongoose wrote:

Come on dude, lighten up. For all we know he could be a five year old!

Well then he needs to become exceptional, and get on par with the rest of CABG.

That, and I've never really thought that children should be treated like children. I don't care if he's a 3 year old or a 40 year old adult. I'm either very harsh, or very approving Wink .
avatar
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : Florida, United States


http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by Commander Mongoose on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:58 pm

Thunder-blade wrote:I agree with Sialboats, but I don't think you have to be so harsh.... there's a better way to tell him that his MOC needs work.
And Mongoose, I am pretty sure he's 9 years old....

And Crusher, I think that your red ARC turned out pretty good!

That mine, I traded, cough cough!
avatar
Commander Mongoose
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Pennsyvania


Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by Clonecommando007 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:59 pm

This isn't quite an MOC. That is the kind of model that I find when I shove my baseplate into my bulk bricks assorted tub, close my eyes, compress some pieces, and pull out the baseplate.

This is supposed to be a Star Wars battle, isn't it? Not Lego Island's coolest kid versus the Brickster fire squad! I'm not going to try to help you until you try to help yourself.

And don't say 'I'm nine that's my excuse'. This is a mature site, if you don't feel like you are mature enough to take criticism of a bad MOC than well you're not old enough anyways.

________________________________________________________________
avatar
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Location : Ohio


Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by J4ke on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:27 pm

Why are you even on the internet if you're only nine. You'd be amazed how dangerous the interwebz can be. Some of us FBTBers, we kill and eat people that break the rules...

Seriously, I don't know where to begin to criticise your baseplate, so I'm not going to. You're nine, you can do better than this. Heck, I could have done what you've done aged 5! Mean or not, that's the truth of the matter.

J4ke
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 27


http://www.flickr.com/photos/10606714@N05/

Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by major reviss on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:10 am

I'm not going to say what I was going to say (Sial voiced my opionion.), but seriously, COME ON! Also has anyone noticed he keeps posting new topics when he is not a guild member?
avatar
major reviss
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Hicktown, USA(KANSAS)

Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by Alpha on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:15 am

... you're allowed to post in the WIP Thread. Just no where else. And I'm sorry, but does this even LOOK like a MOC? Its just a freaking baseplate, with freaking bricks an whatnot on! And why do you have that freaking lego fig as your Jedi?!

Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 22


Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by Zepher on Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:03 am

STOP FLAMING. You can make your point seem nice. Try to tell him 2 cons for every pro. Also, the word is CONSTRUCTIVE ctrisism. Not just "Wow this sucks, make it better, good luck." Tell him HOW to make it better!
avatar
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23


http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by commander crusher on Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:56 am

Commander Mongoose wrote:
Sialboats wrote:
Commander Mongoose wrote:Ok, moc, needs more greebles!

No, it doesn't What it needs is a actual MOC. To call this a MOC is to call bread crusts a gormet meal. It's just a baseplate, with some mini-figures and some bricks slopped on it.

  • I don't care how little Lego you have, anyone could have done better with what is displayed in this -- model. Just popping down a few pieces here and there doesn't do it. Try to sculpt slopes, dig out trenches, make cliffs; just anything but that sorry collection of bricks.
  • THOSE ARE NOT JEDI. By the Force, why is one wearing a fireman's hat! Where are their robes or armor... anything?
  • The postioning of the units is piss-poor. A ARC just magically appears on the edge of the baseplate -- nice. Not a single droid turns to face him -- nice.
  • Don't customize unless you know how. Get rid of that droid that looks like I bled on it. Furthermore, uniformity is key with units. Make the Seperatist lines organized, and try to get some similiarity between those clones. For goodness sake, you've got a unmarked ARC, a red ARC, and another who also looks like I smeared my bodily fluids on it. Keep them all red, all white, or don't put any down at all....



I can be your most bitter critiquer, or I can laud you from here to Ansion. You're far from the latter Shocked . Advise you shape up, because this is unacceptable as of current .

Come on dude, lighten up. For all we know he could be a five year old!

I am 13 years of age but thats not the point I haven't done that much because of homework and I only got so much to work with.

commander crusher
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : same as CAPTAINREX


http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=345290

Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by Alpha on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:26 am

Well if you feel it's not complete, then DON'T POST IT. By posting it here, you're initially telling us to comment/critique on it. Roll Eyes And by your attitude, I find it hard to believe you are 13.

Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 22


Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by commander crusher on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:34 am

[quote= And by your attitude, I find it hard to believe you are 13.[/quote]

I am 13. Work in progress means work in progress so this moc isn't finished.


Last edited by commander crusher on Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

commander crusher
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : same as CAPTAINREX


http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=345290

Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by Darth Yoda on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:36 am

Uh ooh, CC is going to eat you up! Shocked
avatar
Darth Yoda
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 22
Location : school


http://www.flickr.com/photos/32354339@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by legorevolution on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:44 am

You shouldn't open up threads on things like this that don't really have any relevance to anything. I've you're having a problem with another member take it up over PM or with a MOD not in a new thread.
avatar
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Arizona


http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by Alpha on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:58 am

Good point Legorevo, and I apologize for any inconvienences/whatever you call em, commander crusher. Now onto the MOC -

1. It's not public. End of story, good-bye, the end. (Yes, I like that quote, I don't remember where it was from though)

Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 22


Back to top Go down

Re: Stranded

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum