Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 815th Tactical Strike Corps

+10
Commander Mongoose
Thunder-blade
Rook
Sialboats
The Jinja Ninja
flare
J4ke
Jedi Joe
major reviss
Clonecommando007
14 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The 815th Tactical Strike Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: The 815th Tactical Strike Corps

Post by J4ke Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:17 am

major reviss wrote:... The tactian has spoken.
??? It's kinda hard to be a sole tactician in a tactical strike force. Maybe re-invent yourself? Laughing

Sialboats, you make a fair point about simplicity. As it stands, the logo is rather simple, and it translates well to 1:14th scale, or whatever the lego tile size actually is. So it appears that we are in favour of simplicity for the logo, which I'm sure will make Jinja's job easier! Laughing
And with regards to the visibility of the text, I shouldn't worry about that. Only the basic outline will be visible on the decal anyway, I should imagine, so that's of little concern.

OK, as we near completion of the logo, we need to turn our attention to the next order of business: a Clone Commander minifigure. As a Corps Commander, he needs to be spiffy, so ARC-inspired details, Jaig eyes and the like might be a good idea. Who wants to make the fig? Unfortunately, I'm currently unable to do it, as all of my LEGO is now away, and I've never customised before anyway. Given that the corps crest is orange, it would make sense to give the comamnder highlights of that colour, but I won't demand that at this early stage, as an idea by one of you in another colour could look better. I've always been partial to commando green, (Camo) and this is a tactical corps after all. But like I said, I won't demand that specifics be decided at this early stage. Heck, we don't even need it to be custom, although I'm sure it would look better if it did.

Thanks! Pilot
J4ke
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

The 815th Tactical Strike Corps - Page 5 Flag_u10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10606714@N05/

Back to top Go down

The 815th Tactical Strike Corps - Page 5 Empty Re: The 815th Tactical Strike Corps

Post by Sialboats Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:21 am

J4ke wrote:
major reviss wrote:... The tactian has spoken.
??? It's kinda hard to be a sole tactician in a tactical strike force. Maybe re-invent yourself? Laughing

Sialboats, you make a fair point about simplicity. As it stands, the logo is rather simple, and it translates well to 1:14th scale, or whatever the lego tile size actually is. So it appears that we are in favour of simplicity for the logo, which I'm sure will make Jinja's job easier! Laughing
And with regards to the visibility of the text, I shouldn't worry about that. Only the basic outline will be visible on the decal anyway, I should imagine, so that's of little concern.

OK, as we near completion of the logo, we need to turn our attention to the next order of business: a Clone Commander minifigure. As a Corps Commander, he needs to be spiffy, so ARC-inspired details, Jaig eyes and the like might be a good idea. Who wants to make the fig? Unfortunately, I'm currently unable to do it, as all of my LEGO is now away, and I've never customised before anyway. Given that the corps crest is orange, it would make sense to give the comamnder highlights of that colour, but I won't demand that at this early stage, as an idea by one of you in another colour could look better. I've always been partial to commando green, (Camo) and this is a tactical corps after all. But like I said, I won't demand that specifics be decided at this early stage. Heck, we don't even need it to be custom, although I'm sure it would look better if it did.

Thanks! Pilot

I'm no Mini-fig customizer Waaa! .

Hopefully I can get a few comic editions up this weekend, one talking about the 815th and the 541st's absorbtion into it Smile .
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

The 815th Tactical Strike Corps - Page 5 Flag_u12

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by major reviss Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:29 am

I am currently out of blank clones, so if someone could send me a whitey I will gladly make the commander.
major reviss
major reviss
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:34 am

Why don't you make him just a normal non-custom clone? Cody's armour could be good, with some add-ons!
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Post by major reviss Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:02 am

Because, A: Every clone I have is customized or a part of my legion, and B: I do not have the funding to purcahse any clones.
major reviss
major reviss
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:17 pm

major reviss wrote:I am currently out of blank clones, so if someone could send me a whitey I will gladly make the commander.

Hey, if anyone could send me 100+ clones I could make a nice army!

No offense, but do you REALLY think anyone is going to send a you a clone when you just ask like this? Roll Eyes Surprised

What about buying one off BL?
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

The 815th Tactical Strike Corps - Page 5 Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

Post by major reviss Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:33 pm

I would send it back, and as previously stated I am out of cash with no source of income. The Lead Tactian has spoken. Is that better J4ke?
major reviss
major reviss
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by J4ke Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:45 pm

I can see that a lot of progress has been made in my absence. great work.
J4ke
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by major reviss Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:48 pm

Smile It wasn't any problem at all!
major reviss
major reviss
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by J4ke Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:49 pm

/Facepalm

Yeah, I know... sarcasm?
J4ke
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by major reviss Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:54 pm

So what do we do next J4ke?
major reviss
major reviss
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by J4ke Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:57 pm

One of y'all needs to take the lead in my absence and the follow the original agenda. First finish the logo, and then do a Commander Minifig.

And now I'm going to party.
J4ke
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by major reviss Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:02 pm

Well I guess I'll take charge.
major reviss
major reviss
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:25 pm

Holy crap, Jake's back from Switzerland! Everyone look busy!

Anyway, nobody's been nagging me to do the logo, which is why it isn't done. I think I'll try and sneak it on here before Jake comes back...
The Jinja Ninja
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by major reviss Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:27 pm

The Jinja Ninja wrote:Holy crap, Jake's back from Switzerland! Everyone look busy!

Anyway, nobody's been nagging me to do the logo, which is why it isn't done. I think I'll try and sneak it on here before Jake comes back...
So thats where he went...

I like Scrolling words!
major reviss
major reviss
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:25 pm

Well, he's been in Switzerland for a couple of months (?), he's just been absent while he was travelling back.

Edit #2: There's probably about a pixel difference between this version and the last (which was here before the edit, and has now been deleted):

The 815th Tactical Strike Corps - Page 5 2857793654_4bc6e4a977_o

The orange circle doesn't want to neaten up, but it looks okay as is, I reckon. I think I'll stick a JSF on it now and gauge your opinions. Smile
The Jinja Ninja
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by J4ke Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:37 pm

Lookin good, show us that Delta-7! Smile

Last edited by J4ke on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)
J4ke
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:10 am

Delta-7; long trip? Wink

The 815th Tactical Strike Corps - Page 5 815thv4delta7
The Jinja Ninja
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by J4ke Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:16 am

Nice, although the eye is now drawn to th empty bottom, Clonie maybe?
J4ke
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:34 am

Dang, any attempt I make at putting clones in the bottom half ends up looking like arse. Sialboats, fancy a go at it?
The Jinja Ninja
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:26 am

The Jinja Ninja wrote:Dang, any attempt I make at putting clones in the bottom half ends up looking like arse. Sialboats, fancy a go at it?

It'd probally also look like my back-side, because the editing would look far smoother than yours. It just wouldn't match, the edges beeing rough hewn like that.

I say leave it as is, perhaps without the Delta-7, and a tad darker, more brown in it! Looks very nice Smile !
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:50 am

Sialboats wrote:...the editing would look far smoother than yours. It just wouldn't match, the edges beeing rough hewn like that.

You can smooth out mine while you're at it, then, smart guy! Razz

About our Clone Commander and Jedi - If nobody else wants to write their backstories, I'll gladly take a shot at it. Obviously, we'll all chip in with ideas here, but I'd quite like to compile them, if that's okay?
The Jinja Ninja
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by J4ke Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:05 am

By all means, gopher it!

As far as th ebackstories go, have fun! I'll think up some ideas later. Pilot
J4ke
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:14 am

The Jinja Ninja wrote:
Sialboats wrote:...the editing would look far smoother than yours. It just wouldn't match, the edges beeing rough hewn like that.

About our Clone Commander and Jedi - If nobody else wants to write their backstories, I'll gladly take a shot at it. Obviously, we'll all chip in with ideas here, but I'd quite like to compile them, if that's okay?

I really don't know how to do that... blurring it looks rotten, and smearing it looks worse Mad , I say just darken the color and we're set.

Oh, I'd write their backstory in a heatbeat, just gimme pictures of them.
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:07 pm

Sialboats wrote:
The Jinja Ninja wrote:

I really don't know how to do that... blurring it looks rotten, and smearing it looks worse.

You could just add your clones and make them look 'rough hewn'. Or just bung them in anyway - I'm sure it would still look better than most logos out there.

Sialboats wrote:Oh, I'd write their backstory in a heatbeat, just gimme pictures of them.

Why do you need a picture to write a backstory?
The Jinja Ninja
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next