Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by legorevolution on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:35 pm

The Lost Unit Contest, Vignette Entry: 14 BBY


The vig depicts three different levels within the first Death Star. The top level shows two Shadow Troopers strolling down a walkway presumably near a superlaser focusing station. The middle level shows a Stormtrooper standing guard within a hallway, watching a mousedroid pass by. The lowest level is a cargo storage unit, with two stormtroopers inspecting old, unknown, or unnecessary cargo.


A side shot of the vig. From the bottom baseplate to bellow the railing, it stands about 18 bricks high.


Back shot of the moc. This plate was really the only overhand I had on the vig. I tried to make it look like this little 8x8 square was cut directly from within the Death Star, but the doorway I made in the middle level, needed a door... hope the judges don't get too angry Wink



Top shot.


The two Shadow Troopers stroll down the walkway, engaging in casual conversation


"... you saw that terrific explosion when we last fired the superlaser at that star system right?"



TK-5463 watches another mouse droid scurry down the hallway as he stands guard. He thinks to himself, "one of these days I'm going to blast one of those damnn things..."



Down in the cargo storage unit, two troopers inspect a large crate.

TK-4420 "That's a strange symbol... what do you think's inside this one?"

TK-3210 "I'm not sure. The Empire likes to store a lot of creepy stuff down here. Let's scan it anyways."



TK-3210 "The scan says that it's some sort of crate from the Old Republic Army."

TK-4420 "Well that's helpful..."



TK-3210 "The Grand Moff wanted us to clean this place up a little. This one seems pretty useless; let's take a look inside?"


TK-3210 "What in the Sarlacc..?!"

"CT-6776 reporting for duty! Where're the clankas!?"



TK-4420 "Has this happened before?!"

TK-3210 "Well we stumbled on a larger crate of these guys last year..."

CT-6776 "Alright men who's the commanding officer here and what's the current situation?"



TK-4420 "Ok you're going to have to lower that blaster."

CT-6776 "Nonsense. We're in war! Get behind some cover men, there could be clankas anywhere!"

TK-3210 "Uh yep that's correct sir. We've found another old misplaced Republic troop transport unit down here in Cargo Storage."



Overview of the vig. I forgot to mention I tried to add pipes, support beams, wires, etc between each floor Smile
avatar
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Arizona


http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by Comrade Faie on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:39 pm

LegoRevo FTW! Awesome MOC and the comedy is fanllent (fantastic and excellent) Razz! Fordo Yo!

Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Viva La France and Rick Alstley


Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by Thunder-blade on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:42 pm

You really appreciate this MOC more with more photos!!

I love all the detail that you have crammed into here! The vig is seamless!

The only thing that isn't so great is the mouse droid....
avatar
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far, far away...


http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by legorevolution on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:44 pm

Thunder-blade wrote:You really appreciate this MOC more with more photos!!

I love all the detail that you have crammed into here! The vig is seamless!

The only thing that isn't so great is the mouse droid....

Thanks guys! Yes it was a very fun vignette! Detailing's always an important part Wink

Thunder! The ISD mousedroid looks horrific, I though I did a good job right there! Razz Can't complain, at least it's kinda to scale.
avatar
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Arizona


http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by Thunder-blade on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:44 pm

Well I think that the ISD one looks good, just terrible in size...
avatar
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far, far away...


http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by 80-0 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:47 pm

Legorev, I think we can all agree that a MSE-6 droid is one of the hardest droids to make out of Legos. Wink

The Lego one looks fine for me, although it's far too big. But I don't see anyone complaining about the fact that Lego R2 units are 5 feet tall in Lego.

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by Thunder-blade on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:49 pm

Yeah R2s are WAY to big....

I mean in the movies he was about half the size of a regular person... now he's the exact height...

But I think TLC did the best that they could with R2...
avatar
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far, far away...


http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by 80-0 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:56 pm

Thunder-blade wrote:Yeah R2s are WAY to big....

I mean in the movies he was about half the size of a regular person... now he's the exact height...

But I think TLC did the best that they could with R2...

That reminds me. I recently found, in a plastic bag, the astromech unit in the Star Destroyer set. But one thing bugged me. The features of his dome were more exasturbated than the other one.

I guess the new figures which came in the Death Star were recycled into older sets! Hola Wow!

Which explains why the C-3PO I got in the Sandcrawler was so dark gold. Shocked

Sorry for going off topic, Legorevo. Embarassed

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by legorevolution on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:01 pm

CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:
Thunder-blade wrote:Yeah R2s are WAY to big....

I mean in the movies he was about half the size of a regular person... now he's the exact height...

But I think TLC did the best that they could with R2...

That reminds me. I recently found, in a plastic bag, the astromech unit in the Star Destroyer set. But one thing bugged me. The features of his dome were more exasturbated than the other one.

I guess the new figures which came in the Death Star were recycled into older sets! Hola Wow!

Which explains why the C-3PO I got in the Sandcrawler was so dark gold. Shocked

Sorry for going off topic, Legorevo. Embarassed

No problem, I go offtopic too. It's an interesting point. The R2 units are actually pretty tall now that I think about it, but I must agree with Thunder saying they did their best. I wonder if TLC is recycling old sets.
avatar
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Arizona


http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by Sialboats on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:04 pm

Love it! The MOC is great, if I wanted to nit pick I'd say that the mouse droid is a little bleh Razz .

You've got the CW Clone's voice down to a T! "Clankas..."
avatar
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : Florida, United States


http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by 80-0 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:06 pm

legorevolution wrote:
CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:
Thunder-blade wrote:Yeah R2s are WAY to big....

I mean in the movies he was about half the size of a regular person... now he's the exact height...

But I think TLC did the best that they could with R2...

That reminds me. I recently found, in a plastic bag, the astromech unit in the Star Destroyer set. But one thing bugged me. The features of his dome were more exasturbated than the other one.

I guess the new figures which came in the Death Star were recycled into older sets! Hola Wow!

Which explains why the C-3PO I got in the Sandcrawler was so dark gold. Shocked

Sorry for going off topic, Legorevo. Embarassed

No problem, I go offtopic too. It's an interesting point. The R2 units are actually pretty tall now that I think about it, but I must agree with Thunder saying they did their best. I wonder if TLC is recycling old sets.

Now what I wonder at is why TLC went ahead and made a whole new head for R2 even with a different base color(grey, or silver grey), and not make a new body to match.

But I guess when they made the first R2 they only had a certain number of pieces and only wanted to use those pieces; they weren't going to go new-piece crazy. Wink

But the strange thing is I got the Sandcrawler from Amazon a few months ago, and it was very near, if not before the date the Death Star came out. So maybe TLC is going a little ahead of the game.

I wonder if that X-Wing set with Han, Leia, Luke, Wedge, Chewie and R2 has the new grey R2 head! Hola Wow!

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by Thunder-blade on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:08 pm

I doubt it... I think that they just make it for the Death Star set and exclude all the rest of the sets from it...
avatar
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far, far away...


http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by 80-0 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:11 pm

Thunder-blade wrote:I doubt it... I think that they just make it for the Death Star set and exclude all the rest of the sets from it...

But I found that R5 head that should be exclusive to the DS set and saw a Star Destroyer box in the garage. :scratch:

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by Thunder-blade on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:12 pm

Probably a one-time mistake... you must have gotten really lucky!!
avatar
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far, far away...


http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by 80-0 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:14 pm

Thunder-blade wrote:Probably a one-time mistake... you must have gotten really lucky!!

I dunno, but I'm gonna see if I can switch the figs 'cause I like that head. Razz

EDIT: And remember the Sandcrawler! I didn't get the original pasty colored Threepio; I got the nice new dark gold one. Wink


Last edited by CommandoEighty-Oh on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by Thunder-blade on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:15 pm

Wait... is R5 the red one? Or is that R4...?
avatar
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far, far away...


http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by 80-0 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:16 pm

Thunder-blade wrote:Wait... is R5 the red one? Or is that R4...?

Oh; R4. My bad. The black one.

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by Thunder-blade on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:17 pm

So you got the black one with the SD?

I thought the SD was the first set with the black one...?
avatar
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far, far away...


http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by 80-0 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:19 pm

Thunder-blade wrote:So you got the black one with the SD?

I thought the SD was the first set with the black one...?

Yes, it was. And the Death Star has it too but the Death Star gave it a new head, and I got that new head in the SD.

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by Thunder-blade on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:20 pm

Gotcha!

Maybe they are reusing them... I hope that all the new stuff will go in the old sets, not the other way around!! Shocked
avatar
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far, far away...


http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by 80-0 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:23 pm

Thunder-blade wrote:Gotcha!

Maybe they are reusing them... I hope that all the new stuff will go in the old sets, not the other way around!! Shocked

Yeah; that's what I'm saying when I say I hope that any set that is in stores today that is less than $400 that has R2 IN it will have the new R2. Wink

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by Thunder-blade on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:24 pm

Good luck! Though I highly doubt that you will get it...

Shouldn't we get ON TOPIC now?? Razz
avatar
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far, far away...


http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by 80-0 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:25 pm

Thunder-blade wrote:Good luck! Though I highly doubt that you will get it...

Shouldn't we get ON TOPIC now?? Razz

Yes, shall we? *turns about and prances dandily towards ON TOPIC Land* Laughing

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by Zepher on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:39 pm

Comedy is the best inside a great vig.

Excerpt from Poor Zepher's Almanac
avatar
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23


http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by 80-0 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:41 pm

Zepher wrote:Comedy is the best inside a great vig.

Excerpt from Poor Zepher's Almanac

Laughing

That was so well played it deserves something. Razz

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: Lost Unit Contest: 14 BBY

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum