Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

The Tale of Two Cities

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Tale of Two Cities

Post by Zepher on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:00 pm

The Tale of Two Cities

Full disclaimer, I have yet to read the book, though I do plan to.

My friend came over a week or so ago on Wednesday, which was a snow day. A few years ago he entered his dark ages, but for whatever reason he felt like building that day, so we did. At first he said that he was simply going to build a small base of peaceful civilians, but then it evolved when I got interested and wanted a turn. I started building on the other side. When my brother came in I was already building a river, but I asked him to anyway, to divide our two cities. I don't know when I originally came up with the idea of calling it "The Tale of Two Cities" but it quickly became Paris and London.

My friend and I decided his all black side would be London, because it is dreary, and I started building the artsy side as the French. It is all hopefully in good fun. I invite anyone to build a MOC about America and its bad ideals Wink

Overall. I told my brother that he could have a 2 by 2 pieces in the river and that he's have to build up. That was that he was on no one's side. I took it down for a majority of the photos because his side was a joke, but I still left it up for two.

My brother's people were considered gods by my French.

London

All by my friend, I can't take any credit for it.

British Stoners

The Sleeping Area. The Twins/Common British

The Movies and Camera Gun Thing

Leader and Leader's Chamber

'Nother View

Third View

'

Guns Master

The Windows were originally the computer, before my brother made a joke at my fried expense. "Why do they stare at glass all day?" He asked jokingly. My friend built another computer and called the glass guy their insane member.

The French have the Grim Reaper on their side. I added this after my friend left.

You can see he's followed by the French colors.

Paris

According to my friend, who is a history expert, the French aren't good at anything. Every time I asked him, he's say no. For example; "Are their police good?" "No." "How about their government?" "No."

The Gardens.

The Patriots

The Feux British. This was maybe my favorite idea that came out of the build. The Feux British are the torturers of the people, and the monsters in your closet. Used to cause fear and hate of the British.

The General. You can see the French Wealth in a Basket behind him. He's on the Pier... not that the River's wide enough for any boats. One of the jokes were that my French-a-likes were kinda stupid.

The Wishing Wells. The French need money to you know. When I built that figure, I told my friend "France's main import is Women."

Another joke about the Wells was that the French were stupid enough to throw away their money even though they could see the bottom. Poor Wishing Well Women.

The Police Chief and The Artist. The Police Chief was meant to look like the worst possible chief ever, and Te Artist originally had a yellow flower to fit in with his skin, like his head grew very weird.

His Painting.

French King.

The Police Chief is in love with Wishing Well Women. This also shows some of the French building skill.

Close up of the building.

Final Shots

''

Over all a really fun build. Maybe not the best, but very fun to do, and photograph, and I loved the ideas. I may do this for other countries later on. In fact, don't do America, I want to.

-Zeph
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tale of Two Cities

Post by huntmaster on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:05 pm

Really cool Zepher. How long did it take to make?
huntmaster
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=355663

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:07 pm

huntmaster wrote:Really cool Zepher. How long did it take to make?

1.5 hours? But there were two builders. About 3 hours of work all together.
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by cc-117 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:47 pm

How many BRICKS did it take?Answer me!!! Razz Just kidding. How many bricks would you estimate you have?
I estimated mine( by looking at them), and I would say about over 30,000 pieces. So, ya. I DARE you to estimate!
cc-117
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Faie on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:03 am

Wow, you and your friends have a lot of imagination! And tell your friend that the french are good at something, keeping healthy and skinny! Razz

The French were world renowned for their High Archy though, their upper class was very pish-posh. Their army wasn't half bad though, Musketeers were pretty good. Fordo Yo!

Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Igor7 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:34 am

Ha ha, that's pretty good! I know it's not supposed to be the best build ever, but it is still pretty good. I like the 2x2 design, although the color isn't great for that build. i really like it overall though. Your brother must be one funny guy Razz !
Igor7
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Joe on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:37 am

Pretty good work. I like the transition between light and dark. A toast!
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher on Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:24 am

Thanks all. As Igor said it was not meant to be the best build, but it was a hell of a lot of fun and I like it a lot!
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:07 am

Really nice. I like the white and dark, being separated by a river.

Awesome, again, you're one of the site's great builders. Wink

Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:52 pm

Commander Faie wrote:The French were world renowned for their High Archy though...

Hierarchy? As in the Aristocracy treating the peasants like crap? Is that what you meant? Lern 2 speel. Razz
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:21 pm

The Jinja Ninja wrote:
Commander Faie wrote:The French were world renowned for their High Archy though...

Hierarchy? As in the Aristocracy treating the peasants like crap? Is that what you meant? Lern 2 speel. Razz

Thanks for the comment on my MOC Jinja! Mad Razz
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Faie on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:23 pm

The Jinja Ninja wrote:

I'm 7th grade for pete sakes! At least I know there is such a word! And yes their peasents were treated like sh1t. Razz

Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:24 pm

Wow... I'm speechless Zeph... Surprised
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:34 pm

Zepher wrote:Thanks for the comment on my MOC Jinja! Mad Razz
Oh right, uhh... I like the French bit? Wink In serious, not a whole lot different from your other stuff (not got any other colours of 2x2 tile?) - overall, it's pretty nice, but the minfigs are a little static in places and, honestly, not that many features 'leap out' or interest me that much. Try building upwards, as action across two or more levels can be quite fun. Smile
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:42 pm

Thanks Jinja. i got the same feeling to tell you the truth, which is why I took some time between this and "Welcome to the Brain" I'm just kind of run to the ground about Techniques. I'm not a very good builder, truth be told. I'm trying to think of new techniques, but I never get any done.
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:46 pm

Well, I'll say what I always say - learn from the best. You seem to be mostly into weird landscapey-type things, so I'd suggest checking out Rocko's MOCs, especially his Castle stuff, for some great ideas. Smile
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:49 pm

I am a fan o' Rocko's, though Shannon Young, Kieth Goldman and Sir Nodraj are my idols!
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:51 pm

Well, steal their techniques and you'll be a pro. Wink
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by clone trooper101 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:06 pm

How come the french get a happy laaaa llaaaaaa :grin:.While we get we get a crappy place with tramps. Waaa!
A part from that it's good.
clone trooper101
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top