Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 5th Legion (Clone Expeditionary Force)

+4
Clonecommando007
Rook
blackjoker4215
Shifto Canucki
8 posters

Go down

The 5th Legion (Clone Expeditionary Force) Empty The 5th Legion (Clone Expeditionary Force)

Post by Shifto Canucki Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:19 pm

Hi all,

Finally! Here is my contribution to our clone army. Feedback is always welcome. I'll be the first to admit my knowledge of canon and EU chronology is limited , so hopefully I didn't mess with history. I will post individual unit descriptions and photos of vehicles and unit commanders as they become fleshed out. Real Life (tm) is soaking up a lot of my time right now.

Introducing The 5th Legion (Clone Expeditionary Force) "The Pride of Mandalore"

The 5th Legion (Clone Expeditionary Force) 2319539842_1ee84c1ef5_m

Overview
The 5th Legion (CEF) was a composite expeditionary force in the Grand Army of the Republic. It was designed around the concept of a fully self sufficient rapid deployment force that could be instantly mobilized to any location in the Republic. The 5th specialized in quick decisive action and is frequently used in “tip of the spear” operations.

Unit cohesion is maintained by a fierce esprit de corps centered on the Mandalorian heritage of their Jedi general as well as their clone “father” Jango Fett. The legion’s emblem is a fusion or the Mandalorian Mythosaur skull and the Republic Concentric Ring motif. These are surrounded by four arrows pointing in the cardinal directions. The arrows signify the four regiments of the legion and their ability to deploy anywhere anytime, whether “en masse” or apart. This emblem is displayed on all unit vehicles and sometimes on the pauldrons and kamas of unit commanders. Troops often attack to the battle cry of “Mandalore!” The legion’s unofficial nickname is “The Pride of Mandalore”.

The nature of the legion’s composite structure gave it tremendous flexibility, making it a popular tool in the hands of the senior-most Republic war Planners.

Commanding General: Jedi Master Galen Vel
Galen Vel is one of, if not the only Jedi member of true Mandalorian descent. As an infant Galen was discovered by silent observers from the Jedi order shortly after the Battle of Concord Dawn. Much like Jango Fett, His family had been wiped out by the Death Watch in the fighting. Due to the secret nature of the Jedi’s presence, Galen’s removal and subsequent induction to the Jedi Temple for training was not detected. Galen is easily distinguishable on the battlefield by a custom fitted pitch black Mandalorian breastplate which he wears under his black Jedi raiment.

Though he always felt as though he was different, Galen was not told of his Mandalorian heritage during his Jedi training and did not discover it until after he became a master. He embraced his lineage and instilled in his Legion the pride and honor of the Mandalorian way.

Vel narrowly escaped death from Order 66 as Clone Commander Fingal secretly gave him fair warning before he relayed the order to his forces. His respect and admiration for his General was so great that he could not bear to be the instrument of his demise. Galen Fel lived in seclusion well beyond the end of the Clone Wars.

Senior Clone Commander Fingal CC -71768
Hand picked by Galen Vel himself. Fingal distinguished himself early in the clone wars as a highly effective and motivational leader. Fingal echoes Vel’s pride in his Mandalorian heritage and strives to maintain the highest discipline, honor and esprit de corps at all times.

ORBAT
22nd Armored Cavalry Regiment
o 121st Armored Reconnaissance Battalion (divided. 1 company attached to each operation Battalion with one company in reserve - AT-RT, BARC Speeder)
o 7th Armored Assault Battalion (AT-TE, Juggernaut, AT-AP)
o 3rd Armored Assault Battalion (Repulsor lift Tanks I.e.TX-130)
o 307th Artillery Battalion (SPHA-T,UT-AT)

118th Infantry, Regiment
o 327th Mechanized Infantry Battalion. (RTT, AT-OT Equipped)
o 18th Airborne Battalion (LAAT/I equipped)
o 99th Airborne Battalion (Jet Troopers)
o 1st Republic Ranger Battalion

11th Galactic Marines Regiment
o 128th Marine Reconnaissance Battalion (divided. 1 company attached to each operation Battalion with one company in reserve.)
o 17th Marine Raider Battalion (Specializes in Hit and Run operations)
o 51st Maritime Shock Battalion (front line troops used in advance of a large operation)
o 50th Deep Space Shock Battalion (Specializes in Zero G Space combat)

5077th Support Regiment (this is a Legion wide resource allocated to operational regiments as needed.)
o 508th Gunship Squadron
o 403rd Fighter Squadron
o 720th Air Transport Battalion.
o 195th Service Battalion.

-Shifto

Last edited by Shifto Canucki on Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Shifto Canucki
Shifto Canucki
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

The 5th Legion (Clone Expeditionary Force) Empty Re: The 5th Legion (Clone Expeditionary Force)

Post by blackjoker4215 Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:41 pm

Very nice pennate. I like the concept and the name.
blackjoker4215
blackjoker4215
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

The 5th Legion (Clone Expeditionary Force) Empty Re: The 5th Legion (Clone Expeditionary Force)

Post by Rook Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm

Looking good just need some MOC's to go with it.
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

The 5th Legion (Clone Expeditionary Force) Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:54 pm

Loving it! Especially the eblem. This would be a great legion for the 54th Eclipse corps.
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

The 5th Legion (Clone Expeditionary Force) Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:20 am

GREAT IDEA! These really did exist, they were pretty elite units! Smile Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:19 pm

I like the sign you made. Smile
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

The 5th Legion (Clone Expeditionary Force) Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:48 pm

Love the sign, and am waiting for the MOCS
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:56 pm

^ I think we ALL are, I think he has to join our corps right, since all the othes are full? Smile Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:45 pm

I can't wait for some MOC's!
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifto Canucki Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:45 am

Thanks for all of the encouragement. Rest assured, there will be MOCs. I am moving house this week so there may be a slight delay due to massive LEGO displacement.

-Shifto

P.S. "Mandalore!!!"
Shifto Canucki
Shifto Canucki
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:11 pm

No problem shifto. Have a good move!
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:43 pm

Good luck with the move SHIFTO! Smile Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Faie Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:36 pm

I would hate to move my legos could get broken in the truck! Fordo Yo! Have a good move though.
Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:32 pm

Disassemble each set partially so it fits into a zip lock bag(s). That’s what I did when I moved last. It worked pretty well. There were a few that I had to pull out the instructions for. No broken pieces. Wink
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:44 am

When we moved(A long time ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away... Wink ) some of my old classics got mauled, and what wasn't leveled my young brother then finished off. Waaa! Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:09 pm

Shifto Canucki wrote:Thanks for all of the encouragement. Rest assured, there will be MOCs. I am moving house this week so there may be a slight delay due to massive LEGO displacement.

-Shifto

P.S. "Mandalore!!!"

Where are you moving to? I might have been there.
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifto Canucki Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:44 pm

Just across town. I live in Los Angeles... By way of Canada. Wink

-Shifto
Shifto Canucki
Shifto Canucki
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:59 pm

So Cal. How's the weather there? I've got a grandpa in LA. We had a record snow fall for the year. Over 207cm or 6 1/2 feet of snow. Not all at once though. :spammers:
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:38 am

I was just in the LA area for Disneyland, neat place but I WOULDN'T want to live there! Wink We did have a little adventure on our way through LA to Disney. The freeway does this freaky split thing that WASN'T ON THE MAP! Soooo I went right instead of staying left, we shortly got lost and ended up in the shady warehouse district...at night...SCARY! Hola Wow! We EVENTUALLY found our way back onto the PROPER freeway... Laughing Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifto Canucki Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:52 am

astoriabluelegos wrote:...we shortly got lost and ended up in the shady warehouse district...

You just described about 82.5% of L.A. But you can't beat having 3 LEGO stores within less than 2 hours drive. Smile

-Shifto
Shifto Canucki
Shifto Canucki
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:58 am

Whoa, LOTS of shady warehouses... I like the amount of LEGO stores though, I hope the others have a better pick a brick wall then Downtown Disney's it was tiny and had the most BASIC brick types... On a lighter note, everything in Disneyland had WAY inflated prices, escept, refreshingly, the Lego store. But since they are by the book on prices, they are also by the book on closing time, so we missed it coming out of the park at midnight a lot of the time. Sad We were able to go a few times though. Wink Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Faie Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:17 pm

Any progress? (MOC's) I've been dying to see some. Fordo Yo!
Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum