Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Hoth Diorama

3 posters

Go down

My Hoth Diorama Empty My Hoth Diorama

Post by astoriabluelegos Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:10 am

Here are some photos of my Hoth battle Diorama, although not from the Clone Wars I thought you would still like to see it. Currently its my only "built" Starwars diorama at this time. Since these pictures I have added some more stuff which I will post as soon as I get some pictures of them. Also I have Dioramas in progress for all of the major fronts from the Clone Wars including Utapau, Salucamie, Felucia, Coruscant, Mustafaar, Myageeto, and of course Geonosis as well as The Battle Over Coruscant, however none are past the planning stage but I do have almost all the stuff I need for them. Blue Arc

Anyway the Battle of Hoth enjoy:
My Hoth Diorama 2002883461531867468_th

My Hoth Diorama 2002817263669556008_th

My Hoth Diorama 2002805042527381823_th

My Hoth Diorama 2002801634033322191_th
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

My Hoth Diorama Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

My Hoth Diorama Empty Re: My Hoth Diorama

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:31 am

Great job! I like the pipe cleaners for the lasers. Very ingenious! It's way better than mine (hence why mine isn't posted Razz ).

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:48 pm

That looks good so far. I like how you've improved the Control Room a bit. However, the falon looks a bit out of place even though it was there.
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

My Hoth Diorama Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitfisto007 Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:13 pm

Wait a second? Isn't this the Clone Army Builder's Guild?

Just kidding. It looks great. My only suggestion would be to have it in a more open space. I understand that that may be the only place to put it, but other than that, very nice.
Kitfisto007
Kitfisto007
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:53 am

Wow! That many dios?!?
Like Kit said, methinks it would improve the sense of scale if it were more open... spread out the AT-ATs from the actual base some more.
great work!

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:22 pm

Yeah I really like Starwars so I decided to devote a lot of space in my room for that purpose. My dioramas are built on metal racks in order to maximize space, you can partially see these racks in my pics. Most of the Clone wars (ie, Felucia, Myageeto, Salucamie) dioramas are only going to take up half a rack shelf each as to maximize space and you really don't need a lot of space to demonstrate these campaigns. I'm a LEGO collector so populating these dioramas are fairly easy for me. The reason Hoth is "crammed in a corner" so to speak, is that it really is a part of a much larger ice/snow diorama that includes Alpha Team, and the Arctic sets. After your guys helpful comments I have decided to expand the Hoth diorama to take up half of the adjoining rack shelves (to the right out of the pictures) thereby doubling it's size because I need to elaborate on the base more (build the bacta chamber, and Luke's room) as well as make the Wampa cave, plus I would like to make the battle larger and include the power generators. I have some new pics of this scene with some Snowspeeders in them as well as Hoth Luke. but I havn't had enough time to post these yet. Embarassed Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

My Hoth Diorama Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:22 am

Wow! Sounds cool. Can't wait for the pics.

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:59 am

In one of these pictures you will notice that there is a rare Limited Edition Hoth base in this scene. It's my brother's he let me modify it because the original set's doors were WAY to small, a snowspeeder can barely fit through it let alone the Falcon! Roll Eyes So I decide to use the set as a base for making a larger costom door. As you who visit fbtb know I am trying to get at least one of my own, if I can't I will remove this one, rebuild it to the original set and use it as an auxillary access door on the side of the base (which is what I want to do if I can get one of these for myself). If you are wondering why I posted this, it is for those of you out there who are wondering why a pighead like me wreaked a valuble set for something that doesn't even currently look good. I thought I would just post this to explain myself... Smile

P.S. I will be uploading my updated pics of this Diorama, and some of my recently completed WIP Indiana Jones/Adventurers Diorama for you guys to look at, which creates a small problem do I post them in the Non-clone forum, or the WIP forum? :|
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

My Hoth Diorama Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:44 am

When you're done, they go in the 'other creations' forum.
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

My Hoth Diorama Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down