Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Castings

+2
Uberlag
Wuzzupbob
6 posters

Go down

Custom Castings Empty Custom Castings

Post by Wuzzupbob Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:08 am

Alright, I've been casting helmets for awhile now and I was wondering... would the average buyer prefer to have the "mouth, headcrest, black dots for "vents", "ear" marks, side vents, and rear helmet decaling" placed on before purchase? If so, exactly how much more would you be willing to pay? Because I would think it should easily $3-$8 more for that helmet, depending on the amount of decals required.

I think I would probably charge $20 for Bly's helmet at least (lots of decaling + macrobinoculars) if I were to sell it individually like this.

My question is, Should the option of decals applied to the helmet be available?

Thoughts???
Wuzzupbob
Wuzzupbob
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Custom Castings Flag_u12

http://clonearmycustoms.com/

Back to top Go down

Custom Castings Empty Re: Custom Castings

Post by Uberlag Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:40 am

To figure out how to price things, heres what you do: factor in how much said item would cost, take the cost of what it took to make it, factor in time, effort, and you should have an estimate of what something should cost. Decals should be extra, yes but not 3-8$ thats like buying a second helmet.
Uberlag
Uberlag
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Custom Castings Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:49 am

A good idea to have that option avaliable. For the price, I go with Uberlag.
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Custom Castings Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:50 am

I would just sell the mold, not put decals on. Because it's more work for you, thus more price. You will end up with less buyers. However, I think you could print up decals for the helmets and sell them seperately if you wanted. Smile
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Custom Castings Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:58 pm

Have everything listed. Of course these are random prices and they may be too high or too low.

Minifigure (Legs, Torso, Head): $10
Helmet (type #1-5): $2
Helmet (type #6-10): $5
Shipping: $5 (orders over 4 onces may cost more)
Decals: (per each set) $5
Decals Applied: $2 Extra (per each set)
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Custom Castings Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by clonefactory Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:39 pm

I have been considering the same question as I prepare to offer my Bacara/Heavy Trooper helmet for sale and later the Galactic Marine and Clone Commando. You need to remember to keep it low while offering yourself fair compensation for your time.

Casting helmets aint like dusting crops, Smile there are alot of bad attempts before a good one can be made. Bad attempts equals lost money in material.

The first question is how much customizing went into making the helmet i.e. original idea. The grandmother of casting clone helmets (reclucemage) sold her customized helmets for $8.00 usd a year ago without any decaling or paint. She also sold here Lego recasts i.e. no customization for $5.00-$6.00 usd. There is a reason why Lego probably won't touch molds that have alot of undercuts / detail. THEY DON"T CAST WELL. So to cast a lego helmet without detail is fairly easy. Also consider the originality of the item. Once you have a base price consider the detailing.

The second question is how much decaling/painting is required for an item. Also, is the detailing easy medium or hard. It seems awful petty that the numbers we are discusiing are minute i.e. $1.00 - $2.00 dollars but for a caster who can make multiples it adds up.

I will be selling my Bacara/Heavy Trooper helmet for $11.00 usd without decals and $15.00 with detailing. In comparison a Clone Commando helmet (once I am ready to sell them) will be $6.00 usd and $8.00-$9.00 usd with detailing.
clonefactory
clonefactory
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Custom Castings Flag_c10

http://www.members.shaw.ca/clonefactory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Uberlag Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:26 pm

dino wrote:I will be selling my Bacara/Heavy Trooper helmet for $11.00 usd without decals and $15.00 with detailing. In comparison a Clone Commando helmet (once I am ready to sell them) will be $6.00 usd and $8.00-$9.00 usd with detailing.

Wow! Your clone commando helmet prices are good, I'll actually buy some, but to all you cast vendors, just remember, most intelligent buyers are intimidated by anythng with 2 digits, like I would never pay more than 10$ for a helmet.
Uberlag
Uberlag
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Custom Castings Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:26 pm

Well the Bacara helmet has more detailing I think, and harder to make, that's why it's more.
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Custom Castings Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down