Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Republic Base(completed from WIP)

+13
Clonecommando007
Jedi Joe
CaptainNeon
Superperson
Thunder-blade
667thLegion
MuffinHobo
RubbahBand
PhiMa
DarthPineapple
Blue-Thunder
Bizzle
80-0
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Republic Base(completed from WIP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Republic Base(completed from WIP)

Post by CaptainNeon Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:13 pm

It's pretty nice except isn't it LAAT not larty? Anyways, why are there 2 clones without their helmets?
CaptainNeon
CaptainNeon
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Republic Base(completed from WIP) - Page 2 Flag_c10

http://randomlol.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Republic Base(completed from WIP) - Page 2 Empty Re: Republic Base(completed from WIP)

Post by 80-0 Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:15 pm

clonecapitainneon1751 wrote:It's pretty nice except isn't it LAAT not larty? Anyways, why are there 2 clones without their helmets?

HA! That's an enormous fail right there.
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Republic Base(completed from WIP) - Page 2 Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Joe Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:16 pm

clonecapitainneon1751 wrote:It's pretty nice except isn't it LAAT not larty? Anyways, why are there 2 clones without their helmets?

Clones do have nicknames for those kind of things... Razz

I love the base, 80-0! Very good use of baseplates! Smile
Jedi Joe
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:22 pm

The holotable was done nicely as was the rest of the base, but the backround/wooden table was really dragging this MOC down. If you had thrown in several baseplates, especially a landing platform for the Larty, then it would've been perfect.
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:33 pm

There's simply no detail to it. It's a baseplate, with two guardrails on the front and a box behind. The color isn't exactly appealing to me, I'd do grey as a main color, but if you can't do that, offset the black with some grey or dark red greebles, man!

The interior is also lacking. No decent floor designs, the console area isn't very well thought out (just a bunch of printed bricks slapped together) and it's really missing that landing pad, like CC said Waaa!.

Room for improvement... DEFINATELY.

[EDIT: Holy shite, look at those cannons! Those are very nice, didn't see them at first inspection!]

Last edited by Sialboats on Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainNeon Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:37 pm

80-0 wrote:

HA! That's an enormous fail right there.

Hey! Well sorry for not knowing EVERY nickname/short form!!
CaptainNeon
CaptainNeon
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Republic Base(completed from WIP) - Page 2 Flag_c10

http://randomlol.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Commando Shade Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:50 pm

80-0 wrote:
PhiMa wrote:
80-0 wrote:

PhiMa wrote:One last thing: Why are some of the clones getting in the top of the gunship?

Space crunch; I'm loading seventeen clones and a bald Jedi into one larty. Razz

I also have two explosive packs in the side compartments and a sticky bomb in the back hatch.

Well, why didn't you remove the speeder part and put in some plates to have more standing room for the clones?

Because it makes sense to have a speeder? Besides that it kinda kills the necessity of a rear drop-down hatch.

Actually, you can use the back hatch as a way to drop airborne troopers.
Commando Shade
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=commando-shade

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:54 am

Sialboats wrote:There's simply no detail to it. It's a baseplate, with two guardrails on the front and a box behind. The color isn't exactly appealing to me, I'd do grey as a main color, but if you can't do that, offset the black with some grey or dark red greebles, man!

The interior is also lacking. No decent floor designs, the console area isn't very well thought out (just a bunch of printed bricks slapped together) and it's really missing that landing pad, like CC said Waaa!.

Room for improvement... DEFINATELY.

EDIT: Holy shite, look at those cannons! Those are very nice, didn't see them at first inspection!]

Greebles, grey/dark red. Grey, main color. Interior = fail, console = bleh(though I may ask what else makes a console than a bunch of printed bricks slapped together? Razz ), landing pad = not there. I should write this down. *grabs paper*

Where do you see 'two guardrails'? Technically there are four if you mean the black ones. Don't forget, there's an entire lower level to it. In the old WIP that gunner station with the old console is still there, underneath the added baseplate. As for the interior, those little blue side-holders will need to be covered; I'll see what I can do.

The floor designs weren't really designs; I was attempting to offset the black. However, fear not, because I have not only begun working on the armory between the gunner stations, founded the bunk-room addition, begun bringing together white plates to offset even more black, and tossing in some dark red plates where I can. I'm also downloading GIMP(on the main compy so I'll be able to do it directly) to see what I can do colorwise. I may actually be able to make the whole command center look grey. Razz

As for the landing pad... I think I'm going to ask for TWO grey uber large baseplates; one for the landing pad and one for the base. Goodness knows I'd need it...

Anyway, thanks so much to Sial for being constructive(a first in this topic it seems Laughing )!
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:32 am

Not bad, but it needs tiles/greebles.

It just looks too plain, but I know you have your little terminals, but those gun turrets are amazing.

Overall, good work.
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:31 am

I understand that bases are incredibly difficult to build, but I'd say you did a fairly good job with this one. I liked the curved 'gate' piece above the front wall, as well as the turrets jutting out each side. However there was a bunch of space there so I suggest filling it up and making it look more like a pill-box. The holotable was great, along with those sensors and electronics on the wall! A good little technique I saw used, were the gunners 'in waiting'; the one with his head laid back in a relaxed state helps give more definition to character and action within mocs. I still see two problems though! 1. Try to cover up that green baseplate as much as possible and 2. The black walls are indeed dusty (run some water over them sometime Wink ) but I feel like to make it look more republic-y they should be gray. Nice moc Smile
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:57 pm

legorevolution wrote:I understand that bases are incredibly difficult to build, but I'd say you did a fairly good job with this one. I liked the curved 'gate' piece above the front wall, as well as the turrets jutting out each side. However there was a bunch of space there so I suggest filling it up and making it look more like a pill-box. The holotable was great, along with those sensors and electronics on the wall! A good little technique I saw used, were the gunners 'in waiting'; the one with his head laid back in a relaxed state helps give more definition to character and action within mocs. I still see two problems though! 1. Try to cover up that green baseplate as much as possible and 2. The black walls are indeed dusty (run some water over them sometime Wink ) but I feel like to make it look more republic-y they should be gray. Nice moc Smile

The constructivity keeps coming... *grabs paper*

I'm going to improve on the front gate part and make it more solid but defensible. I think I'm going to move the turrets upstairs and have the armory extend from the left to the right all the way; it was a pain in the arse trying to find a way to make a wall to fit underneath there that would fit between the armory and the gunner stations. This way I'll be able to attach that pill-box effect(good point!) while not being cramped beneath the base.

Water; genius! There's a sink across from my room, so all I have to do is pop off the dusty plates and give em' a rinse.

I found a whole lot *more* grey plates yesterday, so I'm going for a redoux of the command center; I'll keep the black flooring and I'll touch up the lower levels with white, but the top will be grey.
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2