Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge)

Post by Rogue on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:17 pm

Good job Revo! Nice detail and miniature cave. Wink
avatar
Rogue
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : United States


http://www.youtube.com/user/commandershaun

Back to top Go down

Re: Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge)

Post by Awesome-o-saurus on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:43 am

legorevolution wrote:Also Awesome-o-saurus, there were 2 battles on Jabiim during the clone wars- and both were in Phase I I presume- check the link I provided to Jabiim. Also Phase II does not mean they're the Empire! Phase III was for stormtrooper armor Wink


Thanks for all the comments so far guys!

I think the first battle of Jabiim was in phase 1 (second was in phase III) but you said Separatist holdout, which means they were still fighting after old man Sidious declared the Galactic Empire beginning and the Clone Wars ended. This was when phase II troopers were around. Phase II didn't come about till a couple years after 19 BBY.

I'm a bit confused on your words, maybe this is just part of the first battle and you messed up wording.
avatar
Awesome-o-saurus
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 107
Location : City of Rain and Bridges


Back to top Go down

Re: Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge)

Post by Alpha on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:56 am

Awesome-o-saurus wrote:
legorevolution wrote:Also Awesome-o-saurus, there were 2 battles on Jabiim during the clone wars- and both were in Phase I I presume- check the link I provided to Jabiim. Also Phase II does not mean they're the Empire! Phase III was for stormtrooper armor Wink


Thanks for all the comments so far guys!

I think the first battle of Jabiim was in phase 1 (second was in phase III) but you said Separatist holdout, which means they were still fighting after old man Sidious declared the Galactic Empire beginning and the Clone Wars ended. This was when phase II troopers were around. Phase II didn't come about till a couple years after 19 BBY.

I'm a bit confused on your words, maybe this is just part of the first battle and you messed up wording.

Err...

Phase 1 refers to the first design of Clone Troopers, AKA AOTC Clones.

Phase 2 refers to the second design of Clone Troopers, AKA ROTS Clones.

Phase 3, well, they're StormTroopers.

Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 22


Back to top Go down

Re: Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge)

Post by Awesome-o-saurus on Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:42 am

Alpha wrote:
Awesome-o-saurus wrote:
legorevolution wrote:Also Awesome-o-saurus, there were 2 battles on Jabiim during the clone wars- and both were in Phase I I presume- check the link I provided to Jabiim. Also Phase II does not mean they're the Empire! Phase III was for stormtrooper armor Wink


Thanks for all the comments so far guys!

I think the first battle of Jabiim was in phase 1 (second was in phase III) but you said Separatist holdout, which means they were still fighting after old man Sidious declared the Galactic Empire beginning and the Clone Wars ended. This was when phase II troopers were around. Phase II didn't come about till a couple years after 19 BBY.

I'm a bit confused on your words, maybe this is just part of the first battle and you messed up wording.

Err...

Phase 1 refers to the first design of Clone Troopers, AKA AOTC Clones.

Phase 2 refers to the second design of Clone Troopers, AKA ROTS Clones.

Phase 3, well, they're StormTroopers.

I know. The Battle of Jabiim was fought with the clone troopers when they were wearing phase 1 armor. The second battle og Jabiim was fought when they were wearing phase III armor. The Separatist Holdouts were right after the Empire was founded, when clones were still wearing Phase II armor. That's why I'm confused, because they're wearing AOTC armor in a time when they should be wearing TORS armor, and it should be the Empire, not Republic, fighting the holdouts. That's what I'm trying to say.
avatar
Awesome-o-saurus
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 107
Location : City of Rain and Bridges


Back to top Go down

Re: Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge)

Post by legorevolution on Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:47 am

Nope that's not what I'm getting. The most canon and reliable Star Wars information available, Wookieepedia, is telling me different. They're saying that there were 2 battles of Jabiim during the Clone Wars (both of which were fought in phase I as seen in pictures?) and in the Galactic Civil War, there were also another 2 battles. Check link. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Jabiim

Also to clarify things, I originally intented to state that these 'downed' pilots were a preemptive event for the Second Battle of Jabiim during the Clone Wars, though obviously that would not be canon. Wink
avatar
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Arizona


http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Re: Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge)

Post by PhiMa on Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:03 am

AOS, Legorev is right. I've read the comics to the second battle of Jabiim, they're all phase I.
avatar
PhiMa
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23
Location : A little east of boring and north of lame.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/phima/

Back to top Go down

Re: Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge)

Post by Shadowstealer on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:05 pm

I believe this is a pic of the Hawkbat battalion on Jabiim:



Last edited by Shadowstealer on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Shadowstealer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Why are you some stalker or something...


Back to top Go down

Re: Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge)

Post by Sialboats on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:48 pm

Okay, darn nice work with the tunnel. I simply love that feature, the use of the slopes is brilliant. Everything about this vig is simply impressive, although I could do without the energy field. I simply don't like it that much Wink .
avatar
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : Florida, United States


http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Re: Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge)

Post by Trumpeteer on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:09 pm

Awesome-o-saurus wrote:Well, Jabiim is a pretty muddy planet, maybe that's why it's all smooth. And the gun hold the helmet, not the blue lightsaber tricks.

One problem with the story: If they are fighting Separatist holdouts, shouldn't they be in phase II, and be the Empire, not Republic?

I think that by holdouts he meant that they are the last of the forces in that area and are cut off from the CIS main body. Their only options, therefore, is to fight to the last droid, as droids are not programmed to surrender.
avatar
Trumpeteer

Age : 22
Location : Camas Washington


Back to top Go down

Re: Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge)

Post by Awesome-o-saurus on Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:11 am

legorevolution wrote:Nope that's not what I'm getting. The most canon and reliable Star Wars information available, Wookieepedia, is telling me different. They're saying that there were 2 battles of Jabiim during the Clone Wars (both of which were fought in phase I as seen in pictures?) and in the Galactic Civil War, there were also another 2 battles. Check link. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Jabiim

Also to clarify things, I originally intented to state that these 'downed' pilots were a preemptive event for the Second Battle of Jabiim during the Clone Wars, though obviously that would not be canon. Wink

But that's not what I'm getting at either! Holdout! You said 'Holdout' in the description! That mean's it post Clone Wars!

Amazing what one little word can do.


Trumpeteer wrote:
Awesome-o-saurus wrote:Well, Jabiim is a pretty muddy planet, maybe that's why it's all smooth. And the gun hold the helmet, not the blue lightsaber tricks.

One problem with the story: If they are fighting Separatist holdouts, shouldn't they be in phase II, and be the Empire, not Republic?

I think that by holdouts he meant that they are the last of the forces in that area and are cut off from the CIS main body. Their only options, therefore, is to fight to the last droid, as droids are not programmed to surrender.

Could be. But when I see Separatist Holdout, these come to mind: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Separatist_holdouts
avatar
Awesome-o-saurus
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 107
Location : City of Rain and Bridges


Back to top Go down

Re: Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge)

Post by Trumpeteer on Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:21 am

Awesome-o-saurus wrote:
legorevolution wrote:Nope that's not what I'm getting. The most canon and reliable Star Wars information available, Wookieepedia, is telling me different. They're saying that there were 2 battles of Jabiim during the Clone Wars (both of which were fought in phase I as seen in pictures?) and in the Galactic Civil War, there were also another 2 battles. Check link. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Jabiim

Also to clarify things, I originally intented to state that these 'downed' pilots were a preemptive event for the Second Battle of Jabiim during the Clone Wars, though obviously that would not be canon. Wink

But that's not what I'm getting at either! Holdout! You said 'Holdout' in the description! That mean's it post Clone Wars!

Amazing what one little word can do.


Trumpeteer wrote:
Awesome-o-saurus wrote:Well, Jabiim is a pretty muddy planet, maybe that's why it's all smooth. And the gun hold the helmet, not the blue lightsaber tricks.

One problem with the story: If they are fighting Separatist holdouts, shouldn't they be in phase II, and be the Empire, not Republic?

I think that by holdouts he meant that they are the last of the forces in that area and are cut off from the CIS main body. Their only options, therefore, is to fight to the last droid, as droids are not programmed to surrender.

Could be. But when I see Separatist Holdout, these come to mind: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Separatist_holdouts

True. That article however, uses the strategic sense of the word rather than the tactical sense (a strategic example is Stand Watie surrendering after the "end" of the American Civil War, while a tactical holdout is the lone squad trapped behind enemy lines in a stronghold.). Wink
avatar
Trumpeteer

Age : 22
Location : Camas Washington


Back to top Go down

Re: Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge)

Post by Awesome-o-saurus on Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:19 am

READ RULES ABOUT MAKING QUOTE MONSTERS! Mad
avatar
Awesome-o-saurus
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 107
Location : City of Rain and Bridges


Back to top Go down

Re: Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge)

Post by legorevolution on Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:58 am

A holdout can just be place where a group has 'dug in' and is basically concentrating troops and firepower for an impending offensive attack. It doesn't mean solely that the clone wars are over.
avatar
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Arizona


http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Re: Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum