Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Republic Bullet Speeder

+9
MasterBrettKenobi
Bantha
Gerrard
Code_Green
Jedi Joe
The Jinja Ninja
Bizzle
PhiMa
80-0
13 posters

Go down

Republic Bullet Speeder Empty Republic Bullet Speeder

Post by 80-0 Tue May 05, 2009 6:58 pm

Since the contest thread is locked and forgotten and Bizzle said I could post this here, I'm posting this.

It's a Republic speeder used chiefly in poor weather to ferry important personnel from medics to Jedi to commanding officers across the battlefield with a high speed capability to combat strong winds and be less susceptible to stray blaster fire. For added protection against flying debris it has a strong frontal shield system; the cockpit is open in some areas for circulation of air.

Republic Bullet Speeder 3494097860_de195d58a9

Republic Bullet Speeder 3494094460_4b68a778a2

Republic Bullet Speeder 3493285671_58d543e843

Republic Bullet Speeder 3493287445_639d9b3458

Finally, a comparison shot with the TX-130.

Republic Bullet Speeder 3493292899_2b7e7ff8c9

Gallery link

Enjoy.
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Republic Bullet Speeder Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Republic Bullet Speeder Empty Re: Republic Bullet Speeder

Post by PhiMa Tue May 05, 2009 7:05 pm

Well, that's actually cool. I love the use of the wheel rims in the cockpit. Good job.

Last edited by PhiMa on Wed May 06, 2009 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhiMa
PhiMa
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Republic Bullet Speeder Flag_g10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phima/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Tue May 05, 2009 7:07 pm

Very cool 80-0. I too like the use of the wheel rims in the cockpit.

Oh and the contest isn't forgotten. Just make a air speeder to enter in it.
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Tue May 05, 2009 7:16 pm

This is an airspeeder, FYI. >_> <_<
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Tue May 05, 2009 7:27 pm

80-0 wrote:This is an airspeeder, FYI. >_> <_<

Then enter it. Chances are you'll get 1st... And make more like this too. You could have a whole class of these types of air speeders.
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Tue May 05, 2009 7:29 pm

It is entered... At least that's what you said.
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Tue May 05, 2009 7:30 pm

80-0 wrote:It is entered... At least that's what you said.

Ok well you need to enter it in the new thread...Unless you already did.

Back on topic make more of these guys!!!
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PhiMa Tue May 05, 2009 7:32 pm

Wrong topic, but replying to DB: I'm working on it, gotta make the troops and then I'm done.

On topic: so, your troops are like the 327th? with the Kama's and Pauldron's? And is that a new base?
PhiMa
PhiMa
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Republic Bullet Speeder Flag_g10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phima/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja Tue May 05, 2009 7:41 pm

80-0 wrote:...the cockpit is open in some areas for circulation of air.
I see what you did there. Making up details to cover up bad building won't work, I'm afraid. Razz Personally, I'm not a fan of the wheelarches in the cockpit, as they put far too many holes in the canopy. As for the rest of it, I don't think it looks right. All the conflicting angles make it look like a random jagged bit of metal was used for the base, and it's really just too flat in general. I've seen this quite a lot from amateur MOCers, and they all make the same mistake. They start by building the base - the top-down silhouette - and build up from there. THIS IS BAD. Razz This means that the minifigs are basically sitting on the same height as the wings, or rather the little skirt in yours. To compensate for this. they have to build around the minifigs, and eventually it looks like one big wing/dish/whatever with a cockpit on it. Might I remind everyone of this thing called a ship's [b]belly[/i]. 80-0, yours doesn't have one. You really need to redo this with a belly. Make it so that there's a comfortable dip for the minifigs to sit in, and make sure the dark red skirty bit on the outside comes up to at least their waists.

If you do that, you might be able to fix this speeder's other big problem: its nose. I really don't like that nose. It looks like some steps with a few cheese slopes banged in. It needs to be much smoother for this to look like a speeder - a more aerodynamic look would suit this better than what you've got here, which, on the whole, looks like a flying seed pod. It needs some stabilisation, too. At the moment, it'd barrel roll in a light breeze. Put some wings or nacelles on there, or at least make it wider.

Oh, and I'm not a fan of those cockpits back-to-back. The trench it creates in the middle looks weird and not like something you'd find in real life.
The Jinja Ninja
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Republic Bullet Speeder Flag_u10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Joe Tue May 05, 2009 8:57 pm

80-0, this is pretty good. I love the way the cockpits are built, and dark red is always good.

I would try to smooth out the edges on the sides a little bit though. Smile
Jedi Joe
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Green Tue May 05, 2009 9:35 pm

Yes, yes, ignore the ninja. I think he has a bunch of really good points there, but the speeder still looks cool (Aerodynamics? This is Lego for Bob's sake Razz !).
Code_Green
Code_Green
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Republic Bullet Speeder Aflag10

https://www.youtube.com/user/CodeGreen3

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerrard Tue May 05, 2009 9:44 pm

It's a good idea but I would fix it up a bit. I would close the holes and make it look sleeker. Other than that it is alright.
Gerrard
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Post by Bantha Tue May 05, 2009 10:20 pm

I like it! I love the side wall for some reason. Great job! Smile
Bantha
Bantha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28966489@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterBrettKenobi Tue May 05, 2009 10:33 pm

Oh-man! That is cool! How long did it take you to make that? Smile
MasterBrettKenobi
MasterBrettKenobi
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Tue May 05, 2009 11:29 pm

Jinja, if you want me to take anything at all from your post and prove to the world that it isn't another incursion of your hatred of me, at least write it better. Failing as hard as your post did... Man, it must suck to be you. Laughing

Otherwise, your post looks like a mishmosh of naturally negative opinion combined with several inadequate references to potential improvements and/or degradements.

If I was trying to make a blocky block of bricks stacked on bricks I'd take your advice, but seeing as my intent was to make a simple two-man airspeeder, I succeeded. This isn't a tank, it's a speeder.

Oh, and the airhole thing... meh. Everyone has airholes SOMEWHERE. *goes to find a pic of the Clunkadunk*
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Wed May 06, 2009 12:50 am

Oh, forget this nonsense, we're posting about the MOC, no?

It's a nifty little ship, good use of those spare Republic Red angle pieces, however I'm not exactly content with the front. I guess it's the best way to build up an incline for that model, but I'm just not fond of it Wink
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Wed May 06, 2009 2:11 am

That's definitely my biggest gripe. I think I spent the most time thinking but the least time experimenting on the front. Maybe I'll just make it simple and flat.
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Wed May 06, 2009 2:29 am

80-0 wrote:Jinja, if you want me to take anything at all from your post and prove to the world that it isn't another incursion of your hatred of me, at least write it better. Failing as hard as your post did... Man, it must suck to be you. Laughing

Otherwise, your post looks like a mishmosh of naturally negative opinion combined with several inadequate references to potential improvements and/or degradements.

If I was trying to make a blocky block of bricks stacked on bricks I'd take your advice, but seeing as my intent was to make a simple two-man airspeeder, I succeeded. This isn't a tank, it's a speeder.

Oh, and the airhole thing... meh. Everyone has airholes SOMEWHERE. *goes to find a pic of the Clunkadunk*

What are you talking about? Jinja's post made perfect sense! Here, I'll sumerise it for you if that will help!

- He doesn't like the hub caps as pieces for the cockpit beucase they didn't fit the windows.-
- It was too triangular for his taste, he thought you went in and out too much (that's what she said)
- Raise the wing level. They need to be at the minfigures waist instead of the feet. To do this create a belly for your ship. A buldge on the bottom for the troopers to sit in.
- The nose is too stacked. Maybe round it out a little more, and make it more sloped.
- Try for a rounded speeder, more aerodinamic (spelling fail?).
- Doesn't like the back to back cock-pits. The wierd part wher they go down inbetween doesn't work for him.

Hope that helped!

-Zepher
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Wed May 06, 2009 2:41 pm

Zepher wrote:
80-0 wrote:Jinja, if you want me to take anything at all from your post and prove to the world that it isn't another incursion of your hatred of me, at least write it better. Failing as hard as your post did... Man, it must suck to be you. Laughing

What are you talking about? Jinja's post made perfect sense! Just as long as you agree with him. Razz

Here, I'll sumerise it for you if that will help! Thanks.

- He doesn't like the hub caps as pieces for the cockpit beucase they didn't fit the windows.
What cockpit pieces would you use to attain a two-man light speeder?
- It was too triangular for his taste, he thought you went in and out too much (that's what she said)
Ha ha... What does he mean triangular? Maybe on the nose and the sides but that's hardly 'too much'.
- Raise the wing level. They need to be at the minfigures waist instead of the feet. To do this create a belly for your ship. A buldge on the bottom for the troopers to sit in.
It's a tiny speeder; it doesn't need a huge depression on the bottom to add on blockiness and/or armor.
- The nose is too stacked. Maybe round it out a little more, and make it more sloped.
Perhaps with a tilting brick; I hadn't thought of that.
- Try for a rounded speeder, more aerodinamic (spelling fail?).
Aerodynamic. Not as bad as you got summarize above. Razz JK

You mean rounded in width to length or rounded in height to diameter to circumference?

- Doesn't like the back to back cock-pits. The wierd part wher they go down inbetween doesn't work for him.
Note that there's no adjoining area between the cockpits.

Hope that helped!
Indeed! Smile

-Zepher
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LPAnimations Wed May 06, 2009 4:07 pm

Its good, but I for one agree with Jinja on the barrel-like shape, its a bit strange, anyway, a nice personal speeder you've got there, but seriously Jinja, I couldn't have the patience to sit there and type like it was an english essay. You have got a lot of patience! Laughing
LPAnimations
LPAnimations
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.youtube.co.uk/user/LPAnimations

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Wed May 06, 2009 4:14 pm

Anger fuels many abilities, my friend. MANY abilities. Razz
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja Wed May 06, 2009 4:56 pm

A-ha-ha. Guess I was just tring to be the better man by helping you improve the MOC. Of course, if you're going to ignore them by coming up with bad excuses, then screw you, I guess I won't help anymore. Go post this on FBTB or CS, then you'll get some constructive criticism. Or you could just sit here and be ignorant while all the sheep who don't know any better say 'kickarse moc i like the wheelarches' a thousand times. Your call, I s'pose.
The Jinja Ninja
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Wed May 06, 2009 9:59 pm

Or being the worse man, and the coward, by trying to take potshots at my person and concealing it with the excuse of 'constructive critiscism'. Though I will post it at FBTB just to see if I get the same response as you. I probably will. At least they'll have the common decency to say it nicely, that which you lack. You'll notice how nicely I responded to Zeph who had that decency. I wonder if you'll ever learn from him.

And you'll notice I never said 'Gee, THANKS NOOBS! YOU'RE RIGHT, THOSE WHEELRIMS ARE AMAZING.' Because I have the one virtue that you will never have, and that which your personality is entirely devoid of: humility.

But I digress.

Although it has been fun sitting here being ignorant. You certainly enjoy it as much as I do... Laughing
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Wed May 06, 2009 10:15 pm

Ok, no more arguing. You have your differences and don't respect each other, lets keep it at that, and not put it out on the boards.

On a more on-topic note. I love teh wheel rimz. 😁

Hahaha ok kidding. For some reason I'm not a huge fan of the shape, not sure why. And I think some white or light grey (not both) would make this MOC better too.
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Wed May 06, 2009 10:19 pm

As a matter of fact... I think I'll go for a white/dark grey reworking. I'll see what pieces I have, fit em' in however I can, etc., and I hope to have something good by the time I repost it.
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down