Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7: Chase

+5
Gerrard
80-0
Alpha
torrent3
Zepher
9 posters

Go down

Want to see high speed chase?

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Vote_lcap92%Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Vote_rcap 92% 
[ 66 ]
Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Vote_lcap8%Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 72

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Empty Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7: Chase

Post by Zepher Sun May 10, 2009 4:18 am

Season 1
Episode 8
The Invasion of Ingration Part 7: Rescue

Catch up: Kuplo, after hearing that Gruff and Old Papa had no plans to save Versilles, arranged to save him himself with the help of Versille's Bounty Hunter Friend. While they sucessfully saved him from Vimpu's clutches, Marik was killed in the process, and Versilles plans to hunt down and kill Vimpu.

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page1

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page2

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page3

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page4

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page5

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page6

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page7

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page8

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page9

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page10

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page11

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page12

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page13

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page14

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page15

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page16

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page17

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page18

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page19

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Page20

Okay. Now I need your thoughts, for once. Do you care about that general guy, the human one who crashed, enough to see him chased for a while by Gruff? I personally don't, but if you really wat a high speed chase that you already know the results of, well, you are the viewers. He, in my mind, already served his purpose, which was just being a kinda distraction villian to keep the people currently not fighting Vimpu busy.

So vote! Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed! Next comic wraps up our visit to Ingration and moves us to the new exciting planet, Nekt! Ten points to whomever can find Nekt already mentioned in one of the comics!

Last edited by Zepher on Mon May 11, 2009 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Flag_u12

http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Empty Re: Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7: Chase

Post by torrent3 Sun May 10, 2009 4:24 am

I like it, but it's a little hard to understand the whole thing.
torrent3
torrent3
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Empty Re: Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7: Chase

Post by Zepher Sun May 10, 2009 4:26 am

torrent3 wrote:I like it, but it's a little hard to understand the whole thing.

I agree with you. This is probaly my least favorite of my comics. Poor planning lead me to try to fit in too much this comic. It's rather confusing, and it does jump around far too much.
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Sun May 10, 2009 5:22 am

Err...

If Shi is a CIS agent, Versilles is acting like he wants to be all friendly with her.

You have several flaws.

• Appearance. Some of your characters look so similar (Versilles and Gruff), and others look like they've been reused.
  • Posing. You have most of your figs just toppled over, no actual expression. It also looks like their bodies are being piled over each other.
  • Colors. You have red, yellow, green, and other colors. Firstly, you need to work on the city colors. I don't seem to recall a SW planet that's engaged in war with such bright colors, Coruscant's main color is gray, Nar Shaddaa's main color is tan, Tatooine's main color is dark tan. Red is too bright, and cities don't generally have bright colors, eh?

Also, the color of your minifigs also matters. On Tatooine, they wear dark and tan clothes. Coruscant, is filled with dark clothes. You have green, white, dark red clothes. Most planets stick to a similar colored uniforms. Or as so I've seen.
  • And most importantly, storyline. I fail to see the point of this whole operation, I know the main objective was to liberate the city, but why couldn't they've just done a full scale attack? You need a couple all out, FFA combat parts, and a couple story parts.

But it's not bad, it's going well. Oh, and Vimpu mentioned Nekt while referring to the plants he was interrogating Versilles/Gruff.
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Sun May 10, 2009 1:13 pm

The six Ps Zeph! Remember the six Ps!

Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Pissy Performance.

As for the comic, if you're chasing someone, the 'head down' idea is sorta OK, but at least keep the arms moving back and forward, not both forward or both back. Wink
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerrard Sun May 10, 2009 1:34 pm

I got sort of lost in the middle and didn't know what was going on.

But the explosion and fire are good and the pictures are good as well. Glad to see that you posted another one. Smile
Gerrard
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Sun May 10, 2009 5:45 pm

Okay, Alfi, you raise fair points. Let me adress them.

Appearance. Some of your characters look so similar (Versilles and Gruff), and others look like they've been reused.

Versilles and gruff both wear Jedi robes. I'll admit that. Don't worry, Gruff will get a custom change soon, and then a third one after that. Reused characters? For sure!

Posing. You have most of your figs just toppled over, no actual expression. It also looks like their bodies are being piled over each other.

I've been told to work on that. I will try harder.

Colors. You have red, yellow, green, and other colors. Firstly, you need to work on the city colors. I don't seem to recall a SW planet that's engaged in war with such bright colors, Coruscant's main color is gray, Nar Shaddaa's main color is tan, Tatooine's main color is dark tan. Red is too bright, and cities don't generally have bright colors, eh?

Yep. This city is almost done, don't worry. All other planets they visit will be color coded.

Also, the color of your minifigs also matters. On Tatooine, they wear dark and tan clothes. Coruscant, is filled with dark clothes. You have green, white, dark red clothes. Most planets stick to a similar colored uniforms. Or as so I've seen

Same idea. Busy city, busy colored people. I'd advise you visit a city some time Wink NewYork City, my backyard city, has no color coded dress code.

And most importantly, storyline. I fail to see the point of this whole operation, I know the main objective was to liberate the city, but why couldn't they've just done a full scale attack? You need a couple all out, FFA combat parts, and a couple story parts.

I tryied to throw in battles. 2 was all battle. 4 was all battle, 7 was almost all battle.

As for the Shi point... well, all times that VErsille's is on Shemis (see that little thing in the corner, it tells you where you are) it's a flash back. Shi is a rebel on Shemis. Versilles, as revealed in comic one, was on Shemis to stop the rebels. We don't know what happened there yet though. The first Shi flashback proved she captured and threatened VErilles, becuase she hates the government that he's helping. The second one (this one) tells how he contacts her, and wants to help.

I'll try to iron out al lyour point.
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Sun May 10, 2009 5:48 pm

Very well then, and I'm still befuzzled as why Gruff and Versilles don Police Badges on their Jedi Robes. Razz

True, there are colors of all sorts, but if you're using yellow as a skin color, make sure not to include any yellow buildings. Shocked Razz
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Sun May 10, 2009 5:49 pm

Alpha wrote:Very well then, and I'm still befuzzled as why Gruff and Versilles don Police Badges on their Jedi Robes. Razz

True, there are colors of all sorts, but if you're using yellow as a skin color, make sure not to include any yellow buildings. Shocked Razz

Point one will again be explained. If I told you everything now, there wouldn't be much of a point. Also, only Versilles wears a badge.

Razz
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by foxrex101 Sun May 10, 2009 5:49 pm

Great comic. I also agree with you that this was not one of your best comics yet and it was really confusing. I got confused when there was this huge explosian and it really just didn't make much sense Waaa! .
foxrex101
foxrex101
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.freewebs.com/foxrex101/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Sun May 10, 2009 11:26 pm

Well, it seems you guys want aawkwardly placed High speed chase! Will do.
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Mon May 11, 2009 1:53 am

25 votes, 5 people commented. Not okay. Mad

I'm not very patient.
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Mon May 11, 2009 1:58 am

The chase wasn't extemely well photographed. I think what would make it better is to blur everything/body that is not running in the chase. Not blur too much, but enough to make the chase itself stand out. Good detail work though. Smile
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Mon May 11, 2009 1:59 am

That's what I plan to do for the speeder chase. When you run your surrondings blur? I'm impressed.
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Mon May 11, 2009 1:37 pm

If it cheers you up I voted No for no particular reason. Laughing
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Mon May 11, 2009 3:24 pm

Ah! So many minifigures without hair! Run away! I'm too much of a purist. Embarassed
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Episode 8: The Invasion of Ingration Part 7:  Chase Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Mon May 11, 2009 8:54 pm

Okay Zeph, I've got my share of problems with this Waaa! .

Firstly, the chase scene between Kuplo, Gruff, and Vimpu really doesn't seem much like a chase. The motions of the minifigs just don't seem right. Crowd members aren't looking at them as the two enter the vision of each person, and the members of the chase aren't quite moving properly. You also noticed that you repeated the same frame two times over at the begining Wink ?

Okay, the flashback is hard to notice on first pass, and I'm not too sure what it has to do with the current pursuit Razz .

I'm not sure why he says "Crink" when Vimpy pulls out the harpoon gun, and I'm sort of wondering wether or not there's a war going on with all these people (who are paying little attention to what's happening about them) standing about in prestine streets.

Everything else, I think, has been covered already, and I look forward to you tying this plot up! Ingration sort of was bleh for me Wink .
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Mon May 11, 2009 9:03 pm

Sialboats wrote:Okay Zeph, I've got my share of problems with this Waaa! .

Firstly, the chase scene between Kuplo, Gruff, and Vimpu really doesn't seem much like a chase. The motions of the minifigs just don't seem right. Crowd members aren't looking at them as the two enter the vision of each person, and the members of the chase aren't quite moving properly. You also noticed that you repeated the same frame two times over at the begining Wink ?

I got that the figures didn't look good Razz

Okay, the flashback is hard to notice on first pass, and I'm not too sure what it has to do with the current pursuit Razz .

Okay. I'll play around with Flashbacks. I think all frames right before a Flash-back from now on will be washed out more.

I'm not sure why he says "Crink" when Vimpy pulls out the harpoon gun, and I'm sort of wondering wether or not there's a war going on with all these people (who are paying little attention to what's happening about them) standing about in prestine streets.

Becuase his arm got shot off?

Everything else, I think, has been covered already, and I look forward to you tying this plot up! Ingration sort of was bleh for me Wink .
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Mon May 11, 2009 9:08 pm

Zepher wrote: I got that the figures didn't look good Razz

'kay! Posing is everything to me.

Okay. I'll play around with Flashbacks. I think all frames right before a Flash-back from now on will be washed out more.

Definately. Desaturate it, threshold it, color-balance it, I don't care, but you have to make the Flash-back distinguishable from the rest of the comic.

Becuase his arm got shot off?

REALLY Hola Wow! !? Ah... oh, um.... I mean, of course his arm got shot off Razz !

I don't know, if my arm got shot off, I'd let out a piercing scream of AGONY and drop to the floor in pain Shocked .

Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Mon May 11, 2009 9:09 pm

Crink kinda sounds like Crank, and that's what you call an annoying old guy.

So unless he's cursing his age and thus wishing his arms were stronger and younger that makes no sense. Razz
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Tue May 12, 2009 1:45 am

I'm taking it off a list given to me in Sial's comics thread. I'll try to dig it out, Flare typed it up.
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum