Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

M1 steel pot helmet solution

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by DarthPineapple on Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:56 pm

Yea, with all the sudden M1 HELMET WANT topics I figured this could be useful for you guys.

To make American troops there are 3 ways:

The cool, expensive and hard way: Use the BA M1 helmet.
The cheap and stupid way: Use the BF Wehrmacht helmet.
And finally the smart alternative way: Use and paint the LEGO skateboard helmets.

Same for brodies, the British and Canadian helmets:

The now hard, but will become easy way: Use the BA brodies (not yet released, with the exception of protos)
The smart alternative way: Grind and cut these helmets.

And for the German helmets, of course the BF helmets are the best option.
avatar
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23
Location : The Netherlands


Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by Jens on Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:59 pm

you could mod a BF helmet for the m1.
avatar
Jens
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : Denmark


http://www.flickr.com/photos/31580381@N05/

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by DarthPineapple on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:00 pm

Well, it still has a different shape.
avatar
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23
Location : The Netherlands


Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by CT44 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:12 pm

Do you know if the Bronze BF helm is the same color as the BA M1 helmet?
avatar
CT44
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 27
Location : Somewhere with Legos


http://www.youtube.com/user/huntercearley

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by DarthPineapple on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:26 pm

CT44 wrote:Do you know if the Bronze BF helm is the same color as the BA M1 helmet?

Bronze? The BA M1 is like shiny pearl dark grey.
avatar
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23
Location : The Netherlands


Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by PhiMa on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:26 pm

Meh, I'd still use the BF helm...I don't really give a crap.
avatar
PhiMa
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23
Location : A little east of boring and north of lame.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/phima/

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by DarthPineapple on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:29 pm

PhiMa wrote:Meh, I'd still use the BF helm...I don't really give a crap.

I think it's really cheap when people do that.
avatar
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23
Location : The Netherlands


Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by Jens on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:30 pm

DarthPineapple wrote:
PhiMa wrote:Meh, I'd still use the BF helm...I don't really give a crap.

I think it's really cheap when people do that.

That's easy for you to say!

When you have 7!

Do you say purists are cheap?

NO!
avatar
Jens
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : Denmark


http://www.flickr.com/photos/31580381@N05/

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by DarthPineapple on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:56 pm

The fact that I have 7 M1 has nothing to do with it. *roll*
avatar
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23
Location : The Netherlands


Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by The Jinja Ninja on Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:25 pm

The skatebard helmet has holes - not ideal when you're trying not to get shot. What exactly makes a skateboard helmet better than the BF helmet?
avatar
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Age : 23
Location : Timeline No. 1


Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by PizzaMovies on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:28 pm

Excellent point, Jinja. Because the BF and skate-board helmet are equally different from the BA helmet...
avatar
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : South Carolina, United States


http://www.youtube.com/pizzamovies

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by 80-0 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:43 pm

@ Jinja: Bah, go ask the guys who worked up the Delta Force armory. They seemed to find it OK. Razz

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by torrent3 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:30 am

The Jinja Ninja wrote:The skatebard helmet has holes - not ideal when you're trying not to get shot. What exactly makes a skateboard helmet better than the BF helmet?

Couldn't you just fill the holes with some kind of putty? (not that I care a whole lot)
avatar
torrent3
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : Indiana


Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by Comrade Faie on Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:11 am

Skateboard helmet is too small, looks stupid.

Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Viva La France and Rick Alstley


Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by DarthPineapple on Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:24 pm

All I was trying here was giving tips to people who are making their WWII factions now, but all you idiots do is complaining about what I said. The only useful post here was by CT44. You have no idea at all, you've never seen it used on figs and MOCs so don't bother complaining. I did. I'm a part of every WWII lego group at Flickr and check out every WWII pic. Most of you don't even know anything else than the basic WWII things you learn at school or see in articles and pictures. If you did you;d knew that the German Wehrmacht helmet looks nothing like the American M1 helmet.
And especially you TJN, you're really annoying the last few days. You're 'correcting' everything I say while I'm not wrong at all.
avatar
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23
Location : The Netherlands


Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by 667thLegion on Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:49 pm

I actually agree with you DP, the skateboard helmet does do it's job on the battlefield. And you people that haven't seen it used before, check out some of Andrew F's stuff, it actually does look cool, and some paints can fill in the holes. Wink
avatar
667thLegion
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : Indiana


http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/16634

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by The Jinja Ninja on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:16 pm

Oh, shush, DP. As far as I can tell, most people in this thread have made genuine points and asked relevant questions about your 'solution'. Now, to the untrained eye (which, according to you, is everyone except you), the Wehrmacht helmet and the M1 look equally different to the skateboard helmet and the M1. While the Wehrmacht is a different shape, the skateboard helemt is a slightly different shape and has holes in it, so it would appear that it doesn't make a difference which one you use. I'm not saying it's wrong to use the skateboard helmet, I was just questioning why it is "really cheap" to use the Wehrmacht.
avatar
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Age : 23
Location : Timeline No. 1


Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by DarthPineapple on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:21 pm

I never said that I am the only one with a trained eye. But on this site I think only Pizzamovies and me have a trained eye. You clearly don't since you can't see the difference between a German and an American. You just can't stand the fact that someone doesn't agree with you. German helmet is not the same as the American helmet, PERIOD.
And if you actually read posts, you would have noticed that 667th clearly said how and why the skateboard helmet is a good alternative.

Could a Mod or Admin please lock this? I'm tired of TJN's bullshit when someone doesn't have the same opinion as he does.
avatar
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23
Location : The Netherlands


Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by PhiMa on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:29 pm

Wow, wow, wow, calm down guys.

TJN, see it like this: DP wants to try to help people and stop asking him to buy his M1 helmets. I also don't like the use of the Skater Helmet, but whatever, just let the people see it themselves.

And DP, only WWII fanatics like you and Pizza really care about the difference between the Wehrmacht and M1 helmet. People like me, that don't care, well, I really don't give a Ship, as long as it's not just a cap.
avatar
PhiMa
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23
Location : A little east of boring and north of lame.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/phima/

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by Comrade Faie on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:50 pm

DarthPineapple wrote:All I was trying here was giving tips to people who are making their WWII factions now, but all you idiots do is complaining about what I said. The only useful post here was by CT44. You have no idea at all, you've never seen it used on figs and MOCs so don't bother complaining. I did. I'm a part of every WWII lego group at Flickr and check out every WWII pic. Most of you don't even know anything else than the basic WWII things you learn at school or see in articles and pictures. If you did you;d knew that the German Wehrmacht helmet looks nothing like the American M1 helmet.
And especially you TJN, you're really annoying the last few days. You're 'correcting' everything I say while I'm not wrong at all.

Don't say I don't know WWII, I'm saying it is too small.

Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Viva La France and Rick Alstley


Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by PizzaMovies on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:40 pm

667thLegion wrote:I actually agree with you DP, the skateboard helmet does do it's job on the battlefield. And you people that haven't seen it used before, check out some of Andrew F's stuff, it actually does look cool, and some paints can fill in the holes. Wink

That looks really good! I'm thinking about getting some on BL! Any idea what KIND of paint to fill in the holes? Smile
avatar
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : South Carolina, United States


http://www.youtube.com/pizzamovies

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by pdragon27 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:05 pm

I agree with DP. I'm gonna order some off PaB.
avatar
pdragon27
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Maryland


http://www.flickr.com/photos/31819631@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by The Jinja Ninja on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:34 pm

Egh, okay, I'll put this in dummy-talk for you: I'm not saying it's wrong to use the skateboard helmet. It's actually a good purist solution. I just don't see why it's "really cheap" to use the BF Wehrmacht instead. Of course I can see that there are differences between the German and American helmets, but I can also see that there are differences between the American helmet and the skateboard helmet. And don't cry "MOD plz lock thread Jinjas bein mean" just because I'm asking you a question. How about you just answer my question and we both move along?

In any case, I don't want this to turn into a flame war, so this is my last post in this thread. If I get an answer, fine; if I don't, I'll live. Just stop taking criticism like it's an insult, okay DP?
avatar
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Age : 23
Location : Timeline No. 1


Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by Comrade Faie on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:49 pm

PizzaMovies wrote:
667thLegion wrote:I actually agree with you DP, the skateboard helmet does do it's job on the battlefield. And you people that haven't seen it used before, check out some of Andrew F's stuff, it actually does look cool, and some paints can fill in the holes. Wink

That looks really good! I'm thinking about getting some on BL! Any idea what KIND of paint to fill in the holes? Smile

I filled it in with sticky stuff. I'm painting it now.

Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Viva La France and Rick Alstley


Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by PizzaMovies on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:53 am

Commander Faie wrote:
PizzaMovies wrote:
667thLegion wrote:I actually agree with you DP, the skateboard helmet does do it's job on the battlefield. And you people that haven't seen it used before, check out some of Andrew F's stuff, it actually does look cool, and some paints can fill in the holes. Wink

That looks really good! I'm thinking about getting some on BL! Any idea what KIND of paint to fill in the holes? Smile

I filled it in with sticky stuff. I'm painting it now.

Sticky stuff? Like sticky tack? I just ordered 10 of BL. Laughing
avatar
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : South Carolina, United States


http://www.youtube.com/pizzamovies

Back to top Go down

Re: M1 steel pot helmet solution

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum