Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Republic Viper

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Republic Viper

Post by mazz on Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:01 am

Ok after some of the clones saw the old Battle Star Galactica they wantted a Viper for them self and this is what they came up with.

Some close ups

The front

The wing

And the under side

Gallery

What do you think?

mazz
mazz
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/MazzucaArtz

Back to top Go down

Re: Republic Viper

Post by Awesome-o-saurus on Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:13 am

Well, the prequels and original BSG both came out of the original Star Wars... I guess this can work. I'm just glad you didn't mix the new show with Star Wars, too different.
Awesome-o-saurus
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple on Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:08 am

This is actually my favorite MOC from you. The sloping here and there is nicely one, and it does look like a Viper. Nice job!
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerrard on Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:39 pm

Congratulations on getting in the guild! Looks pretty nice overall, sleek, fast, pretty well done. But I don't really like the slope in front of the windshield. Just looks out of place.
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Post by clonecommandercooper on Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:50 pm

Cool ship. I think George Lucas should buy the idea off of you and use it in the new clone wars series. Razz
clonecommandercooper

Back to top Go down

Post by RubbahBand on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:49 pm

That would seem unlikely but, great ship I love the wings and the front of the ship. It somewhat reminds me of an X-Wing. Razz
RubbahBand
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37639510@N08

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:22 pm

Hmm, it doesn't strike me as X-Wing-ish. It strikes me as Viperish. Razz

Congrats on getting it to look like a Viper, and not having to pamper it with ridiculous amounts of studlessness, SNOT, and greebles. Razz

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:43 pm

Your story wants to make me run myself through with a sharp metal pole... but the Viper is actually very nice. I've gotten spoiled seeing some of the better ones, so I can't appreciate it as much as I'd like - however it's fairly well done. The engine elements could use some work, and I think front area of it needs to be smoothed out some (plates or SNOT).

And Clone Commander Cooper, maybe I should spit you on my metal pole, and we can roast ourselves together like some human shishkibob. Are you bloody mad? Do you not know what a Colonial Viper is!? And you want George Lucas to incorporate another series's ships (and one of the most celebrated and iconic of Sci-Fi as a genre) into his show and call it his own!

It's like having an X-Wing show up next to the Enterprise-D, and say that its a new class of Runabout! Where's that confounded roll emoticon when I need it.
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by mazz on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:47 pm

Gerrard wrote:Congratulations on getting in the guild! Looks pretty nice overall, sleek, fast, pretty well done. But I don't really like the slope in front of the windshield. Just looks out of place.

I will keep that in mind for next time but the windshield is the hardest part, what do you think I shoud do to fix it?

Sialboats wrote:Your story wants to make me run myself through with a sharp metal pole... but the Viper is actually very nice. I've gotten spoiled seeing some of the better ones, so I can't appreciate it as much as I'd like - however it's fairly well done. The engine elements could use some work, and I think front area of it needs to be smoothed out some (plates or SNOT).

And Clone Commander Cooper, maybe I should spit you on my metal pole, and we can roast ourselves together like some human shishkibob. Are you bloody mad? Do you not know what a Colonial Viper is!? And you want George Lucas to incorporate another series's ships (and one of the most celebrated and iconic of Sci-Fi as a genre) into his show and call it his own!

It's like having an X-Wing show up next to the Enterprise-D, and say that its a new class of Runabout! Where's that confounded roll emoticon when I need it.

Yes the story is...well, I can't just say "here is a Republic Viper." Wink
mazz
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/MazzucaArtz

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha on Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:59 pm

clonecommandercooper wrote:Cool ship. I think George Lucas should buy the idea off of you and use it in the new clone wars series. Razz

Just another noob... carry on.

It's nice, a bit studdy, but I like it.

Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:59 am

Mazz, saw this in your submission to the guild, and loved it. Though it sorta reminds me of the first released X-wing, I really like the angles running up the front nose of the ship. There's something great about having studs all over the ship too- it really worked here methinks. I'm not too sure about that landing gear though. You might want to work on that a little. Razz Keep it up. Thumbs up
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:32 pm

This MOC is the reason why you got into the Guild from me, essentially. I just started watching Battlestar Galactica online and this is indeed an amazing choice for an MOC.

Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top