Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

German AT-AT

+5
DarthPineapple
Comrade Faie
astoriabluelegos
80-0
legorevolution
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

German AT-AT Empty German AT-AT

Post by legorevolution Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:25 pm

Well, the title says it all. A Germanic looking AT-AT is going to be my next moc. I'm not nearly as quick as Rook so don't expect this moc to be spat out in the next day or two! Wink Here's a picture that I'm going to try to base my design off of. Right now with my busy schedule I'm shooting for completing it in under 2-3 weeks.

German AT-AT German10
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

German AT-AT Flag_u12

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

German AT-AT Empty Re: German AT-AT

Post by 80-0 Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:05 am

Where the dar'yaim did you find that pic? That looks awesome; I'd be afraid to face off that even with an AT-4... Hola Wow!
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:09 am

Haha, well that's a whole 'nother story... I found it with a toolbar I downloaded (along with basically the rest of my school) which is called "Stumble." I HIGHLY recommend getting it, or at least giving it a shot. Basically it's a very small toolbar that fits below your url and above a page, and it takes you to random (safe) sites around the web that you can choose from by selecting your interests out of a list at the begining when downloading. It's 100% safe, very small-only a toolbar, and highly addicting. Some things you can choose are arts, music, photography, comedy, humar, videos, stories, etc, basically anything you are interested in you can select. It is so awesome! Have I sold you yet? If so please feel free to give it a shot and download it off of google by typing in stumble upon in the search engine then going to the first link, or you can clicky here http://www.stumbleupon.com/

I hope that answers your question Smile
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:44 am

WOW that's SOOO AWESOME! WWII might have turned out differently if those were ever deployed... Hola Wow! Blue Arc

P.S. That looks like it could actually be one of the many AT-AT varients! Wink
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:20 am

It's definately not a real pic (or at least the AT-AT part) because there's no way they had the technology or engineering to create a vehicle of that sort then or probably even now. I suspect it's photoshoped, whoever did it made it beautiful and flawless. But I would agree that it would be very intimidating to see! Shocked
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:32 am

legorevolution wrote:It's definately not a real pic (or at least the AT-AT part) because there's no way they had the technology or engineering to create a vehicle of that sort then or probably even now. I suspect it's photoshoped, whoever did it made it beautiful and flawless. But I would agree that it would be very intimidating to see! Shocked

I wouldn't want to be the Allie soldier that came across THAT on Normandie! Hola Wow! Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Faie Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:48 pm

astoriabluelegos wrote:
legorevolution wrote:It's definately not a real pic (or at least the AT-AT part) because there's no way they had the technology or engineering to create a vehicle of that sort then or probably even now. I suspect it's photoshoped, whoever did it made it beautiful and flawless. But I would agree that it would be very intimidating to see! Shocked

I wouldn't want to be the Allie soldier that came across THAT on Normandie! Hola Wow! Blue Arc

Yeah, I really want to see this it will look very cool I'm guessing (knowing you). Fordo Yo!
Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:06 pm

I agree, it just can't be a real vehicle, with the technology at that time. And, besides in 1940-1945 (or isn't it from WWII?) SW didn't even excisted yet.
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

German AT-AT Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:25 pm

Ooo... Ahhhhh... Looking forward to see what you can do with this.
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

German AT-AT Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:23 pm

DarthPineapple wrote:I agree, it just can't be a real vehicle, with the technology at that time. And, besides in 1940-1945 (or isn't it from WWII?) SW didn't even excisted yet.

What I meant is this could be a REAL varient of the AT-AT in the Star Wars Universe, not ours! Razz Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Joe Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:35 pm

This would be a nice task to do. If you have the AT-AT set you wouldn't need to start from scratch!
Jedi Joe
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...
German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:41 pm

Jedi Joe wrote:This would be a nice task to do. If you have the AT-AT set you wouldn't need to start from scratch!

Ha ha... Laughing With ABL, judging by the pics we've seen of his place of work, that won't be a problem. I wouldn't be surprised if there were ten AT-ATs down there... Razz

JK!
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:13 pm

CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:
Jedi Joe wrote:This would be a nice task to do. If you have the AT-AT set you wouldn't need to start from scratch!

Ha ha... Laughing With ABL, judging by the pics we've seen of his place of work, that won't be a problem. I wouldn't be surprised if there were ten AT-ATs down there... Razz

JK!

Haha good point! Wink
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:28 am

CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:

JK!

I think I might upgrade one of my AT-ATs to be like this (minus the German insignia) for a little somethig different for Hoth! Wink Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Aridar Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:35 am

Why minus the German Insignia? That Insignia is actually still in use, it is the Swastika that is "heavily frowned upon."
Aridar
Aridar
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uberlag Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:59 am

History lesson: the swastika symbol was NOT, I repeat was NOT made by the Nazi's

Archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped ornaments dates from the Neolithic period. An ancient symbol, it occurs mainly in the cultures that are in modern day India and the surrounding area, sometimes as a geometrical motif and sometimes as a religious symbol. It has long been widely used in major world religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.
-Wikipedia

Essentially, the symbol itself is not bad, just the people who used it and gave it such a bad reputation, the symbol means POWER, and I can see why the Nazi's used it, just wanted to point it out before anyone got mad about stuff.

Last edited by Uberlag on Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Uberlag
Uberlag
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:19 am

Aridar wrote:Why minus the German Insignia? That Insignia is actually still in use, it is the Swastika that is "heavily frowned upon."

First off, thanks Uberlag for the history lesson, which is correct. And secondly I know this symbol isn't a swastika, this symbol was the insignia of the German air corps mostly. Thirdly I would leave the symbol off because it doesn't exist in the Star Wars universe and would look out off place and funny on an Imperial AT-AT. Smile Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Uberlag Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:26 am

But did Germans exist in the Star Wars universe? A German AT-AT thats being made is supposed to look like it existed in OUR universe.
Uberlag
Uberlag
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:45 am

Uberlag wrote:But did Germans exist in the Star Wars universe? A German AT-AT thats being made is supposed to look like it existed in OUR universe.

I'm not going to make it EXACTLY like the one in the picture, just use certain things like the gun turret on top and that's pretty much it. Wink Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:24 am

I never thought this discussion would go this far, or even pose this many questions Laughing !!! But it's good! Yes it's unfortunate that humanity can take a symbol once used for peace, elligance, and art and change it into having an evil meaning... But the whole AT-AT Star Wars Vs. Our Universe is an interesting discussion.
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Faie Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:16 pm

Uberlag wrote:History lesson: the swastika symbol was NOT, I repeat was NOT made by the Nazi's.

Archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped ornaments dates from the Neolithic period. An ancient symbol, it occurs mainly in the cultures that are in modern day India and the surrounding area, sometimes as a geometrical motif and sometimes as a religious symbol. It has long been widely used in major world religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.
-Wikipedia

Essentially, the symbol itself is not bad, just the people who used it and gave it such a bad reputation, the symbol means POWER, and I can see why the Nazi's used it, just wanted to point it out before anyone got mad about stuff.

Essentially it was an Indian symbol. So have you started? Fordo Yo!
Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:09 pm

legorevolution wrote:I never thought this discussion would go this far, or even pose this many questions Laughing !!! But it's good! Yes it's unfortunate that humanity can take a symbol once used for peace, elligance, and art and change it into having an evil meaning... But the whole AT-AT Star Wars Vs. Our Universe is an interesting discussion.

Well canonically, Earth is technically in the Star Wars universe: Wink Blue Arc
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:Bad_Jokes_and_Other_Deleted_Nonsense/Earth
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Earth
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Faie Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:29 pm

How is this going LR? Did you "drop" the project? Fordo Yo!
Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:18 pm

Nope I haven't dropped the project, I'm not very far though. I'm working on an adaquette design for the head right now... In case you all didn't know I'm a bit of an intense perfectionist. If something doesn't look absolutely perfect from every angle, or if it doesn't completely resemble what I'm creating, then I have to either restart or fix it. The project has been delayed a little longer than expected by the way due to the lacrosse team I'm on going to the state championship! Woo!
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Uberlag Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:46 pm

Ahhhh perfectionists, I'm an anti-perfectionist, if it looks ok, it gets the job done.
Uberlag
Uberlag
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

German AT-AT Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next