Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

German AT-AT

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: German AT-AT

Post by astoriabluelegos on Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:25 am

legorevolution wrote:In case you all didn't know I'm a bit of an intense perfectionist. If something doesn't look absolutely perfect from every angle, or if it doesn't completely resemble what I'm creating, then I have to either restart or fix it.

And your models show your VERY hard work, I still can't get over your AT-RT! Hola Wow! Blue Arc
avatar
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 27
Location : Oregon


Back to top Go down

Re: German AT-AT

Post by legorevolution on Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:37 pm

astoriabluelegos wrote:
legorevolution wrote:In case you all didn't know I'm a bit of an intense perfectionist. If something doesn't look absolutely perfect from every angle, or if it doesn't completely resemble what I'm creating, then I have to either restart or fix it.

And your models show your VERY hard work, I still can't get over your AT-RT! Hola Wow! Blue Arc

Haha yep that was one of my best models I've modded yet! I try to make things look as detailed as possible, but still keep that "lego" feel to them. It's hard to define the feel, but most sets are fairly sizable, but not entirely accurate. I just beef up the detail.
avatar
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Arizona


http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Re: German AT-AT

Post by astoriabluelegos on Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:33 pm

legorevolution wrote: I try to make things look as detailed as possible, but still keep that "lego" feel to them. It's hard to define the feel, but most sets are fairly sizable, but not entirely accurate. I just beef up the detail.

Same here, mostly the exterior of LEGO sets are pretty accurate, but the interiors and ESPECIALLY the controls are seriously lacking! Mad Blue Arc
avatar
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 27
Location : Oregon


Back to top Go down

Re: German AT-AT

Post by legorevolution on Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:25 pm

astoriabluelegos wrote:
legorevolution wrote: I try to make things look as detailed as possible, but still keep that "lego" feel to them. It's hard to define the feel, but most sets are fairly sizable, but not entirely accurate. I just beef up the detail.

Same here, mostly the exterior of LEGO sets are pretty accurate, but the interiors and ESPECIALLY the controls are seriously lacking! Mad Blue Arc

Yeah, I think if they beefed up accuracy and detail to models that it would increase their sales. Especially if people like ROOK were working for them! Wink
avatar
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Arizona


http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Re: German AT-AT

Post by legorevolution on Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:27 pm

This is going waaaaay off topic, but I just noticed we have clone ranks now under our pics?! When did this happen?!! Hola Wow!
avatar
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Arizona


http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Re: German AT-AT

Post by astoriabluelegos on Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:52 am

legorevolution wrote:This is going waaaaay off topic, but I just noticed we have clone ranks now under our pics?! When did this happen?!! Hola Wow!

Not too long ago, there's a new thread about it. Back on topic, are you building this from scratch, or modding a existing AT-AT? Smile Blue Arc
avatar
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 27
Location : Oregon


Back to top Go down

Re: German AT-AT

Post by 80-0 on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:50 pm

Only a Rook could build this from scratch... Razz

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: German AT-AT

Post by Rook on Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:58 pm

And I wouldn't. I'd build a motorized AT-AT frame and then bend it to my will. Mad
avatar
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Location : Ontario


http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: German AT-AT

Post by legorevolution on Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:36 pm

Rook wrote:And I wouldn't. I'd build a motorized AT-AT frame and then bend it to my will. Mad

That's weird Shocked because that's exactly what I'm doing. I only have the motorized at-at, so I'm cutting it down, then reshaping it. Weirdddd Laughing I hope that answers your question though Astoria!

Also C80-Oh, I find your lack of faith... disturbing Wink
avatar
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Arizona


http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Re: German AT-AT

Post by astoriabluelegos on Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:25 pm

Will it still retain it's walking feature, that'd be COOL?! Do just like Rook does, throw force lightning at the faithless. Wink Blue Arc
avatar
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 27
Location : Oregon


Back to top Go down

Re: German AT-AT

Post by Rook on Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:41 pm

What! Don't make me zap you! Oh that's it! Razz Razz Razz



Last edited by Rook on Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Location : Ontario


http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: German AT-AT

Post by legorevolution on Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:08 pm

Hahaha! That is awesome.

Astoria, I'm going to try to retain it's walking feature (if possible) because the motorized legs lock into position when not on. Finding a way around that will be a challenge Roll Eyes But right now I'm still on the head but it's looking good!
avatar
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Arizona


http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Re: German AT-AT

Post by astoriabluelegos on Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:57 am

Cool, sounds like a fun build! Smile
avatar
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 27
Location : Oregon


Back to top Go down

Re: German AT-AT

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum