Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop motion Test

4 posters

Go down

Stop motion Test Empty Stop motion Test

Post by Darman Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:19 pm

This is just a stop motion test were a republic ship is basically crashing into the atmosphere of a planet. As you can get that feeling from the shaking of the ship and the flickering of the lights.

In actuality the crashing test was born from mistakes in a stop motion video I am making. This is my very horribly executed test the light flicked because I never secured my base plate. The camera shifted because I did not properly secure the camera as well. Waaa!
Darman
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Stop motion Test Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Stop motion Test Empty Re: Stop motion Test

Post by LPAnimations Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:20 pm

The test is meh. The frame rate is very good, but try moving the figs a bit less, then they won't move so fast. With that framerate it will look very smoooooth. The light flickering is annoying, as is the camera movement. I suggest if your new to stop motion, use a high quality webcam, you just can't go wrong. Wink
LPAnimations
LPAnimations
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Stop motion Test Flag_u10

http://www.youtube.co.uk/user/LPAnimations

Back to top Go down

Post by Darman Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:56 pm

LPAnimations wrote:The test is meh. The frame rate is very good, but try moving the figs a bit less, then they won't move so fast. With that framerate it will look very smoooooth. The light flickering is annoying, as is the camera movement. I suggest if your new to stop motion, use a high quality webcam, you just can't go wrong. Wink

Thanks for the help, and yes I agree with you on many fronts including the flickering and shaky camera. But I wanted the characters to move fast in this specific shot. (For some reason I have never had those problem before). sadly I can't use a webcam but do you have any recommendations on a type of camera to use? I use a cannon powershot A570IS is that fine (The lens needs to be replaced)?
Darman
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LPAnimations Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:29 pm

[quote="Darman-C19] But do you have any recommendations on a type of camera to use? I use a cannon powershot A570IS is that fine (The lens needs to be replaced)?[/quote]

The logitech Quickcam 9000, the one that I use. Very good camera!
LPAnimations
LPAnimations
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Stop motion Test Flag_u10

http://www.youtube.co.uk/user/LPAnimations

Back to top Go down

Post by Darman Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:18 am

LPAnimations wrote:[quote="Darman-C19] But do you have any recommendations on a type of camera to use? I use a cannon powershot A570IS is that fine (The lens needs to be replaced)? The logitech Quickcam 9000, the one that I use. Very good camera!

Thank you, also I think you need to fix your quoting Razz.
Darman
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerrard Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:29 pm

I used to have the same problem with lighting. What I do now is get in a dark closet and then only get a lamp that can be attached to be in the air right over the set. Put a piece of paper over the lamp so it is not so bright and harsh on the moc when you take the picture. Always secure the set with sticky tac or duct tape, also make sure you have a tripod or you build a small device with lego that keep the camera still. Secure everything with tape! It is important because then your set does not move. Also, the light may be like that because of the outside distractions, clouds are moving, sun is moving, birds could be flying by, so always try to get a spot with not many windows.

Well, that's the most i've ever written, so good luck!
Gerrard
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Post by Darman Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:04 pm

Gerrard wrote:I used to have the same problem with lighting. What I do now is get in a dark closet and then only get a lamp that can be attached to be in the air right over the set. Put a piece of paper over the lamp so it is not so bright and harsh on the moc when you take the picture. Always secure the set with sticky tac or duct tape, also make sure you have a tripod or you build a small device with lego that keep the camera still. Secure everything with tape! It is important because then your set does not move. Also, the light may be like that because of the outside distractions, clouds are moving, sun is moving, birds could be flying by, so always try to get a spot with not many windows.

Well, that's the most i've ever written, so good luck!

Thank you for your suggestion! Ironically I use a dark closet Razz
Darman
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerrard Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:16 am

Hmm, interesting. Laughing Well, make sure to post an update!
Gerrard
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Post by Darman Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:22 am

Gerrard wrote:Hmm, interesting. Laughing Well, make sure to post an update!

I will probably update the test when or if I get tagged for the Comic, and then I will do a test on the comics set. But if i don't get tagged within to weeks I will probably make the new test anyway. Have a nice day!

Last edited by Darman-C19 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darman
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by noobswatter Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:06 am

The frame Rate is near perfect, but the only thing is that the baseplate is moving alot during each transition.
Try to tape it down or something.
noobswatter
noobswatter
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Stop motion Test Flag_c10

Back to top Go down

Post by Darman Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:32 pm

noobswatter wrote:The frame Rate is near perfect, but the only thing is that the baseplate is moving alot during each transition.
Try to tape it down or something.

That was my main problem because it caused the lighting to flicker because I had one of my lights on the baseplate half way which I thought would keep it down. I learned a lot from this test though.
Darman
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down