Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deploy Da ploy contest entry. (Updated)

+3
Clonecommando007
RubbahBand
Darman
7 posters

Go down

Which Moc version do you prefer.

Deploy Da ploy contest entry. (Updated) Vote_lcap9%Deploy Da ploy contest entry. (Updated) Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Deploy Da ploy contest entry. (Updated) Vote_lcap91%Deploy Da ploy contest entry. (Updated) Vote_rcap 91% 
[ 32 ]

Total Votes : 35

Deploy Da ploy contest entry. (Updated) Empty Deploy Da ploy contest entry. (Updated)

Post by Darman Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:47 pm

This is my entry to the "Deploy Da ploy" contest.

Deploy Da ploy contest entry. (Updated) 3735402491_49f9c3fb1c
Here is the main picture showing a clone trooper stepping of a speeder bike. Shooting down droids at a hidden Dantooine droid base.

Deploy Da ploy contest entry. (Updated) 3736196820_e849935ceb
Here are the figures that are in the MOC,

This Moc is showing the part of the first wave of clone troopers that attack a droid base on the planet of Dantooine. The commander of "Squad 467" also known as "The Red arm's" is part of the front line of attackers along with another member of his squad. They split from the main mass of troopers to attack the side of the base were the anti air cannons are housed so the Republic gunships could provide air support from the many vulture droids on there way.

Here is the flickr set. http://www.flickr.com/photos/40053950@N06/sets/72157621569987663/

Here is the second version of the MOC. Please tell me which you think is better.

Here is the main picture showing a clone trooper stepping of a speeder bike. Shooting down droids at a hidden Dantooine droid base.
Deploy Da ploy contest entry. (Updated) 3738964695_e00c3021d2

Side view
Deploy Da ploy contest entry. (Updated) 3738965747_391c0eb8ec

Other side view
Deploy Da ploy contest entry. (Updated) 3739758764_8475e1ebc2

Other views i wish for you to see
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40053950@N06/3738964993/in/set-72157621622746159/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40053950@N06/3739758196/in/set-72157621622746159/

That is both versions of the MOC. Please tell me wich one you prefer.

Last edited by Darman-C19 on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
Darman
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Deploy Da ploy contest entry. (Updated) Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Deploy Da ploy contest entry. (Updated) Empty Re: Deploy Da ploy contest entry. (Updated)

Post by RubbahBand Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:49 pm

Very cool but the speeder I would say needs work. Wink
RubbahBand
RubbahBand
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37639510@N08

Back to top Go down

Deploy Da ploy contest entry. (Updated) Empty Re: Deploy Da ploy contest entry. (Updated)

Post by Darman Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:55 pm

Anomanzor wrote:Very cool but the speeder I would say needs work. Wink

I see what you mean.
Darman
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:29 pm

Your Midnette is alright, but the speeder is a simple two studs wide...I mean, that is standard, but hey at least throw some variety or something in there.
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Darman Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:57 am

Clonecommando007 wrote:Your Midnette is alright, but the speeder is a simple two studs wide...I mean, that is standard, but hey at least throw some variety or something in there.

I was going to try a different desgin maybe a type of low assault small sized shuttle? With them dropping down on cords maybe.
Darman
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerrard Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:15 pm

Not bad, but the speeder looks like it just had some pieces thrown on there to make it look full, the greebling on the ground is pretty good, but some more details on the wall would be nice.
Gerrard
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:20 pm

All that needs to be said... has been.

Greebles are good, speeder's crap. But what I'm looking at is the detail of the structure. There isn't much behind it but plate, 1xn bricks, greebles, droids. There's no jutting turrets (not guns; architectural feature), no sturdy battlements, no stylized walls, not much of anything. Even if it's a military instillation, it still needs more to it. You can make something detailed in structure (not greebles) and still term it "prefabricated" or "utilitarian".

It's fine as it is, but there could be more to it Wink .
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darman Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:07 pm

Sialboats wrote:All that needs to be said... has been.

Greebles are good, speeder's crap. But what I'm looking at is the detail of the structure. There isn't much behind it but plate, 1xn bricks, greebles, droids. There's no jutting turrets (not guns; architectural feature), no sturdy battlements, no stylized walls, not much of anything. Even if it's a military instillation, it still needs more to it. You can make something detailed in structure (not greebles) and still term it "prefabricated" or "utilitarian".

It's fine as it is, but there could be more to it Wink .
Thank you for your suggestions! I just updated the basic flooring with more grebbles and more detail on the wall (No much on the wall though). I am going to post the new desgin now well if they would upload to flickr without crashing firefox! Mad I am planning out a bigger version of this so i can add more structural detail but I don't think it will make the contest deadline.
Darman
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CT44 Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:27 am

Remember to post this into the entries thread for it to count.
CT44
CT44
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/huntercearley

Back to top Go down

Post by Darman Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:11 am

CT44 wrote:Remember to post this into the entries thread for it to count.

I believe I did but thank you for reminding me.
Darman
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darman Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:19 pm

Wow it certainly seems like the second one is better according to members but I am stumped about who would choose the first? Can people post on what they voted for and why? Thank you! A toast!
Darman
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerrard Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:29 am

Well, I voted for the second one even though it is not much change from the first.
Gerrard
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Post by Darman Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:49 pm

Gerrard wrote:Well, I voted for the second one even though it is not much change from the first.

There was some changes in the flooring that you can only notice from the side and overhead shot's.
Darman
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:54 pm

The flooring doesn't matter, fix up that damned speeder, or it'll still look the same. Wink
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darman Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:58 pm

[AlphA] wrote:The flooring doesn't matter, fix up that damned speeder, or it'll still look the same. Wink

Already took it apart Waaa! but I am planning on making it larger so I can add more structure to it like Sialboats said. Then I will probably just ditch the speeder idea and add something else. So hopefully I can make it look a lot better on my third try. A toast!
Darman
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum