Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

File formats and applications and printing

+2
CT44
clonefactory
6 posters

Go down

File formats and applications and printing Empty File formats and applications and printing

Post by clonefactory Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:27 am

I appoligize if this all could have been researched by I am working on a few new items that I have to get out for a special project for Gareth. Smile

I am looking at doing some new decals and possibly looking for a person that can print decals for me. They must be able to print in layers using white.

Previously I have used the Fine Clonier but I would like some options.

Also for the Fine Clonier to print my decals they had to be in corel CDR format. Does anyone know of another CDR application that is free and maybe a little easier. I like the quality in the format and want to use it for all future developments (CDR format that is).

Finally, what are some other file format that you use besides BMP and JPEG and GIF.

Finally, Finally. Does anyone have a Lego snow trooper and CW trooper decal in CDR format.

Thanks.
clonefactory
clonefactory
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

File formats and applications and printing Flag_c10

http://www.members.shaw.ca/clonefactory/

Back to top Go down

File formats and applications and printing Empty Re: File formats and applications and printing

Post by CT44 Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:44 am

What do you mean by "Print in layers using white?"
CT44
CT44
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

File formats and applications and printing Flag_u12

https://www.youtube.com/user/huntercearley

Back to top Go down

File formats and applications and printing Empty Re: File formats and applications and printing

Post by clonefactory Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:51 am

In order to show detail on a darker background (figure) a layer print is required the first layer is an almost white layer then it is printed over with color to neutralize the background. Hope that makes sence.
clonefactory
clonefactory
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

File formats and applications and printing Flag_c10

http://www.members.shaw.ca/clonefactory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Tee Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:49 am

Not really.... But, I read somewhere on the CABG, JPEG is bad for decals. PNG good. PNG is a file format you can change your picture to. I'm still getting in the groove of this. What is CGR?
Green Tee
Green Tee
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39281125@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSpring Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:20 am

CDR is Corel Draw. That's what I use to make my clone trooper templates.
JediSpring
JediSpring
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:04 am

CommanderKill wrote:Not really.... But, I read somewhere on the CABG, JPEG is bad for decals. PNG good. PNG is a file format you can change your picture to. I'm still getting in the groove of this. What is CGR?

JPEG and PNG are both alright for decals. As far as I know, I only use PNG for images with text in them.

Oh, and CloneFactory, just a quick question: when should I used white waterslide decals, and when should I use clear ones?
Axel
Axel
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

File formats and applications and printing Flag_a10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaotic Good Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:15 am

Axel wrote:Oh, and CloneFactory, just a quick question: when should I used white waterslide decals, and when should I use clear ones?

This is a question applicable to normal, inkjet printers. When you use darker torsos, e.g. black, brown or green, you should use white decal paper and give the decal that colour background. When using white or tan torsos, you can use clear. This is not applicable to various printers that can underprint white ink on decals - which is what CF is looking for - because underprinting white ink allows the colour to show up on dark torsos or elements.

By the way, CF, I suggest you check out TriUmp on Flickr. He, too, has an ALPS Printer and he also uses Corel Draw, I believe. Wink

And also, CommanderKill: JPEG is NOT bad for inkjet waterslide decals. I have used them every single time, and it has not caused any mess-ups.
Chaotic Good
Chaotic Good
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

File formats and applications and printing Flag_u10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chaoticgood01/

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Tee Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Ok CG. Somebody said it just made them look pixelated or something. I really don't know much about this (or anything else on here, for that matter) so I'll leave it to the experts.
Green Tee
Green Tee
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39281125@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum