Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry)

+12
Sialboats
noobswatter
Zepher
Alpha
80-0
Green Tee
Rook
Jens
Captain Tredge
11_seconds_older
Bizzle
legorevolution
16 posters

Go down

500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) Empty 500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry)

Post by legorevolution Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:17 am

That's right folks, here's my entry to Alpha's great July Quarantine Contest. The basic idea is that a virus has broken out on Coruscant and Phase II troopers (no Phase I) are sent to fight, quarantine, or die against infected civilians in the streets of the city. You were also to build on a 16x16 baseplate with no or limited overhang. I started building my entry, but then a brilliant new idea popped into my head. So logically I scrapped the old one and came up with this. Basically it's a small spoof on the movie 300. I called it 500 Republica as a play on words with 300, and based off the real building in Coruscant for the Galaxy's politicians, rich, and royalty. The upper level on the other side of a balcony features a classsic Jar-Jar being slayed/spartan kicked by Commander Thire, and the bottom level has some true shock trooper Coruscant Guards (Spartans) making a stand against the infected civilians. I made a short rewrite of the 300 movie script to go along with my moc. Enjoy. Smile shock trooper

If you want to watch a short clip of the full 'This is Sparta' scene (which is highly recommended before reading the following rewrite): look no further

500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re10
"Pleasa Commander Thire. Meesa think theresa cure for the infected over in da swamps. Meesa know how clumsy and dumbdumb meesa been in da past, but dis time meesa promise notsa get into doodoo! All meesa need issa gets back into da buildin and speaks with da Naboo royalty about the infected and deadly!"

500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re11
"Let you back in? That's going to be a negative Jar Jar. My intel says that Padme has already refused to see you, and if that Senator, that angel, has turned you down-"

"Sir if he shows no signs of infection we must process-"

"And of course the City Guard here have their orders to follow."

"Choosa your next orders wisely Thire, theysa could be the last before da infected gets inside!"

500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re12
"Ouchie! What yousa doing?!"

"Infected and deadly... you'll find plenty of them down there at street level."

"Pleasa! Meesa swear meesa not infected!"

"You bring this virus and the infected to the doors of my building, you endanger my Chancellor, you threaten other senators and royalty with disease and death! Oh I've given my orders Gungan, perhaps you should've listened and never have brought this virus to the Galactic Capital!"

500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re13
"Oh no! Da Galactic Capital!? Meesa swore weesa still on Naboo!"

"Naboo? You moron... THIS IS CORUSCANT! "

Jar-Jar (Persian Messenger) getting kicked off another side of a balcony on the 500 Republica by Commander Thire (Leonidas).
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re22

Shot of the whole scene.
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re14

Front shot.
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re15

The infected citizens of Coruscant (Xerxes Army) pinning some real 'shock' troopers or the Coruscant Guard (Spartan Soldiers) up against and entrance into 500 Republica.
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re16

I love these guys so much!
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re35

In 300 there's epicness lying everywhere, but one of the greatest special effects were all the guys flying around after they were slashed, bashed, or zapped in this case.
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re18

Incorporating zombie citizens being zapped about provided more movement and realism to my creation, which is very helpful. Smile
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re19

This shock trooper wastes an infected civilian while ignoring the onslaught of others who are infected. Hey, who doesn't like overkill? Razz

CT-4412 thoroughly enjoys wasting an infected civilian while ignoring the onslaught.
"Suck laser!... er- Eat phrik-stick zombie!"
Hey who doesn't love overkill? Razz
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re20

I forget where I first saw the design for an Ithorian, but it's ingenious.
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re21

Another shot of Jar-Jar getting booted off the balcony.
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re23

Top shot of the moc.
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re24

Phrik-wielding heros.
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re25

Clearly this isn't my best moc, but I was fairly pleased with the overall appearance of 500 Republica. Here's an entrance and the street-steps leading up to it.
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re26

I liked the door a lot too. Unfortunately my camera broke and I'm using my sisters which is providing strange, gross, and dark tan lighting, that even photoshop can't fix. The dark blue I used in the building looks like black in these pics. >Sad
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re27

Full front shot of the building.
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re28

Side shot of the building.
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re29

Back shot of the moc. I'm a firm believer in trying to fit everything into a predetermined space (16x16 in this case) and not having any overhang. In my extremist case, I believe the small studs sticking out here in back is illegal. However I'm not a good enough builder to provide a solution to this problem... yet. Razz
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re30

Thire and his shock troops!
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re31

The infected civilians. I had a lot of fun with these guys. I threw in a lot of little minor jokes and allusions with them.
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re32

Left side crew.
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re33

Right side crew.
500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) 500_re34

Again, though it's not my best moc, I was fairly happy with it and had a lot of fun. I tried a more comedic approach and hope that you all enjoyed it. As for the crappy pictures, my camera broke today. I have to use my sister's for the next month or two. Unfortunately the camera adds an odd dirty tan lighting to the pictures and seemingly blocks dark blue and turns it to black. It pisses me off because photo presentation is a huge part of moc'ing and I have to deal with this for awhile. Sorry, not even the magic of photoshop can fix this problem! :/
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) Flag_u12

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) Empty Re: 500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry)

Post by Bizzle Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:48 am

Nice work revo, I like the genral idea behind this MOC alot. I also like the reference to 300 and jarjar being Spears. I do have to agree that this is by far not your best work.
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) Empty Re: 500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry)

Post by 11_seconds_older Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:23 am

.... Shocked Hola Wow!

Well, i'll try and say this simply,

That is Bl00dy amazing! I.. I... I can't even describe in words how truly awesome and astounding and awe-inspiring that is.

You have my vote.

For ... this.... is ... AWESOME!!
11_seconds_older
11_seconds_older
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Tredge Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:22 pm

Um...You need to fix the images as I can't see any.
Captain Tredge
Captain Tredge
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) Flag_u10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jens Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:40 pm

PHRAWGS!

Wink

It's Moko's "Hammerhead" you're using.

The figs are great, lot's of colour mixing but it looks great!

The photos are un-edited, takes the "Revo-factor" away from it, but it's still great!
Jens
Jens
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) Flag_d10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31580381@N05/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:04 pm

Very nice indeed, I like the trim on the door way. Excellent use of sled rails/blades.
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Tee Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:06 pm

Meesa thinks this MOC is awesome! Great entry, and great way of explaining what happened to Jar Jar. I spot a Patrick Star, and a Kit Fisto.

Hehehe.
Green Tee
Green Tee
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39281125@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:09 pm

The dark blue used looks dark blue to me, though the white looks a little like off-white. Wink

If as you said the scene isn't the best, the figures are! All the uses of those strangely unusable pieces combined into the idea of a zombie setting is great.

I also happen to like that balustrade you made up above with the lightsaber hilts.
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:10 pm

Revo, you astound me. I love how you always implement a small story into your MOCs. The Sparta reference was humorous, and the building was constructed nicely. The Ithorian also looks very nice. Great job! Smile
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jens Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:28 pm

500 Republica (July Quarantine Contest Entry) Ithorian

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=215671

Just so no one gets mixed up, and so Revo knows where he got it from. Wink
Jens
Jens
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:24 pm

Use of bionile pieces is very good, and the scene is very funny, but the build it self is just a little boring. Ove-all it's good, and I know you went for comedy, so in that case, you did very well, but the build isn't overly exciting. Again, I know you didn't mean it to be, so you did very good for your goal Wink
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Post by noobswatter Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:02 pm

This is so Epic!
I also love that entrance.
noobswatter
noobswatter
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:17 pm

That railing technique...

Why, it's simply superb! As are all the other attributes of this MOC, but that's just what really got my eye on this. That and the nifty usage of the Bionicle elements. Legorev, you never cease to amaze me Wink . I've no complaints.
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:20 pm

Sialboats wrote:That railing technique...

Why, it's simply superb! As are all the other elements of this MOC, but that's just what really got my eye on this. Legorev, you never cease to amaze me. I've no complaints.

Whew! :wipesweatoffbrow: If Sial approves then I'm happy, since he's one of my greatest critics! Razz I'll be looking forward to seeing the railing technique in one of your upcoming mocs- it'll look great with tan. Wink

Jens- thanks for finding Moko for me.
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:23 pm

legorevolution wrote:
Sialboats wrote:That railing technique...

Why, it's simply superb! As are all the other elements of this MOC, but that's just what really got my eye on this. Legorev, you never cease to amaze me. I've no complaints.

Whew! :wipesweatoffbrow: If Sial approves then I'm happy, since he's one of my greatest critics! Razz I'll be looking forward to seeing the railing technique in one of your upcoming mocs- it'll look great with tan. Wink

My only issue is, I don't think that I have the requisite quantity of those pieces for me to be able to properly implement that in my MOC, nor do I have any in the correct color Wink .
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jens Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:24 pm

No probs!

I'm a big fan of Moko so I always have his BS folders ready.
Jens
Jens
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerrard Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:49 pm

Wow, excellent job Rev! The railing is very well made and is a good technique. The 300 reference made me laugh and it was a good time to use it. We may have a winner with this one!
Gerrard
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Post by wrecks Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:20 pm

Honestly, this is one of my favorite MOCs of yours. Some of your other ones are a bit more detailed, but this one just has a hilarious story and scenes, plus those lovely shock troopers. The building is nice too, the rounded peices underneith the balcony look realistic, and the grooved 2x2's are good too. Some of the aliens look a little fake and non-Star Warsie, but they're all funny which is the main idea of this MOC. It does 300 justice, that was a good movie.
wrecks
wrecks
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RubbahBand Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:07 am

Yes this is excellent... Jar Jar is dead. A toast! But won't he come back as a zombie? Were doomed! Run away! Onto the MOC, I love the railing technique (better go see how many grey lightsabers I have) Bionicle piece use is great so great job! Smile
RubbahBand
RubbahBand
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37639510@N08

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrus Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:27 am

Very cool figs+cool building= awesome revo type MOC. Smile
Can I use the rail trick?
Cyrus
Cyrus
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:21 am

435thlegion wrote:
Can I use the rail trick?

Of course you can man! Smile
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down