Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Shore leave contest entry

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shore leave contest entry

Post by Darman on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:22 pm


This is the main picture of my entry to the Shore leave contest.


The Construction drone I built specifically for this model.


The entry without any figures.


The entry without the speederway




This trooper was injured in a space battle after the engines of a republic gunship exploded. He was sent to courscant to receive treatment but instead was sent out in the city streets to heal. He was hit on the head my a mugger and his weapon was stolen. Delirious he found a metal detector and started looking for credits in hope of buying a new weapon forgetting that courscant was completely made of metal. Razz He stumbled upon a speederway being built and was not noticed by the workers, as he was making his way to the edge.


Please view the group as well. http://www.flickr.com/photos/40053950@N06/sets/72157621956885802/


Last edited by Darman-C19 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:35 pm; edited 6 times in total
avatar
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : America


Back to top Go down

Re: Shore leave contest entry

Post by Rook on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

I'm not really feeling the "shore leave" part of this entry but the build is nice.

________________________________________________________________

Signature by RΟΟK, on Flickr
avatar
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Location : Ontario


http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: Shore leave contest entry

Post by 80-0 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:33 pm

I think the "shore leave" is the fact that he was off from his duties because he was injured. It's a tad awkward but as Rook said the build is nice, and those greebles down below are just enough to be noticed.

Talking of noticing, I didn't notice the additional droids down below! I like the Greivous head on the K-3PO body for a CZ droid, and that little bley thing beneath it.

I'd deeplink a few more pics into the topic, just in case people forget to check the gallery.

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: Shore leave contest entry

Post by Darman on Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:29 pm

80-0 wrote:I think the "shore leave" is the fact that he was off from his duties because he was injured. It's a tad awkward but as Rook said the build is nice, and those greebles down below are just enough to be noticed.

Talking of noticing, I didn't notice the additional droids down below! I like the Greivous head on the K-3PO body for a CZ droid, and that little bley thing beneath it.

I'd deeplink a few more pics into the topic, just in case people forget to check the gallery.

Thanks for the feedback! I was thinking after I posted this maybe I should post more pictures but I had to go soon so I didn't have much time to argue , With myself Razz.
Edit: I just posted more pictures.
avatar
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : America


Back to top Go down

Re: Shore leave contest entry

Post by Rowz on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:20 pm

Looks cool! But whats with the Grievous head on a protocol droid's body?

BTW, who's contest is it for? I might have to try it.
avatar
Rowz
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : Georgia


http://www.flickr.com/photos/40740676@N04/

Back to top Go down

Re: Shore leave contest entry

Post by Alpha on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:23 pm

Guild Members only, and it's a Guild Build, so no prize.

Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 22


Back to top Go down

Re: Shore leave contest entry

Post by Darman on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:24 pm

whiteboy (H.U) wrote:Looks cool! But whats with the Grievous head on a protocol droid's body?

BTW, who's contest is it for? I might have to try it.

Well this specific contest is only available to guild members. Also I included the Grievous head because I do not want people to think its a protocol droid but a construction drone.
avatar
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : America


Back to top Go down

Re: Shore leave contest entry

Post by Rowz on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:34 pm

Perhaps a different approach to the fig would have been better. Especially since you didnt want us to think its a protocol droid. Perhaps a different torso would've made ALL the difference?

Thanks for the contest info. I hope to join the guild soon. BTW, How many tries do we get to join?
avatar
Rowz
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : Georgia


http://www.flickr.com/photos/40740676@N04/

Back to top Go down

Re: Shore leave contest entry

Post by 80-0 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:42 pm

A different torso like what? Perhaps suggesting a torso to use would have been more useful than merely saying that it's rubbish.

I think this is what Darman was aiming for.

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: Shore leave contest entry

Post by Darman on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:45 pm

80-0 wrote:A different torso like what? Perhaps suggesting a torso to use would have been more useful than merely saying that it's rubbish.

I think this is what Darman was aiming for.

That was the correct droid I was going for but that was the best torso I could find for it. Also your very true I am looking for some constructive criticism and ways to make my model better not random "This sucks".
avatar
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : America


Back to top Go down

Re: Shore leave contest entry

Post by Rowz on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:55 pm

I didnt say it sucks. So shut up. I was just giving crit. So what if it came out wrong. QUIT BEING DICKS TO ME

Try saying "rude" instead "dicks". It's a little less offensive. Wink --R
avatar
Rowz
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : Georgia


http://www.flickr.com/photos/40740676@N04/

Back to top Go down

Re: Shore leave contest entry

Post by Darth Yoda on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:59 pm

And you know what? every Topic you add to you and up saying dick somehow in. It's you who needs to make changes.
avatar
Darth Yoda
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 22
Location : school


http://www.flickr.com/photos/32354339@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: Shore leave contest entry

Post by Darman on Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:05 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:And you know what? every Topic you add to you and up saying dick somehow in. It's you who needs to make changes.

Thanks darth yoda. Also White boy i didn't mean you said it sucks i mean that i wish for people to help me become a better builder by making suggestions not Ranting on a certain part. You should read 80-0's post his pretty much sums it up.
avatar
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : America


Back to top Go down

Re: Shore leave contest entry

Post by Sialboats on Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:42 pm

The greebles are splendidly done, as is the SNOT. The construction droid utilizes pieces in a fashion that I really haven't seen to date, so bravo to you there. Your crane, however, could use a little work - and the actual story behind the MOC is a heaping pile of excrement.

All in all, it's a very nicely executed MOC Wink . It has it's share of minor flaws, however.


whiteboy (H.U) wrote:I didnt say it sucks. So shut up. I was just giving crit. So what if it came out wrong. QUIT BEING DICKS TO ME

You're right, you didn't say it sucks. However the only pointy projection here is you.

Either control your temper, or:

avatar
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : Florida, United States


http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Re: Shore leave contest entry

Post by Darman on Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:47 pm

Sialboats wrote:The greebles are splendidly done, as is the SNOT. The construction droid utilizes pieces in a fashion that I really haven't seen to date, so bravo to you there. Your crane, however, could use a little work - and the actual story behind the MOC is a heaping pile of excrement.

All in all, it's a very nicely executed MOC Wink . It has it's share of minor flaws, however.

When you say the crane needs a little bit more work do you think the arm should be bulkier or should I add more detail? Thanks so much for the positive feedback Smile.
avatar
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : America


Back to top Go down

Re: Shore leave contest entry

Post by 80-0 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:49 pm

I think what he means is make a crane that isn't limited to upside-down 1xetc. plates. Wink

I would make the grabber part of the crane a tad lighter and more realistic, not quite as blocky. And I'd totally redeux the crane's arm so it's a little more aesthetically realistic.

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: Shore leave contest entry

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum