Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Look, it's a non canon 'Cannon' Turret squad!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Look, it's a non canon 'Cannon' Turret squad!

Post by 11_seconds_older on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:06 pm

Hey, So this is a little old, I made it with leftovers from my RAS, But I Kinda' liked it, so here it is.

Clicky
avatar
11_seconds_older
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New Zealand

Back to top Go down

Re:Look, it's a non canon 'Cannon' Turret squad!

Post by Cyrus on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:15 pm

My comments are on flickr.
avatar
Cyrus
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : In a barrel of toxic waste


Back to top Go down

Re: Look, it's a non canon 'Cannon' Turret squad!

Post by Thunder-blade on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:37 pm

Not bad. Plain, but it gets the job done.
avatar
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far, far away...


http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Re: Look, it's a non canon 'Cannon' Turret squad!

Post by 80-0 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:40 pm

It's quite nice for a heavy anti-artillery turret, though the base supports for it look a tad weak compared to the relative size of the barrels. I'd give it a sturdier base, though I really love the use of the cross-beams. Also, the fact that it can't pivot up/down is a problem. Perhaps this can be solved with either some technic pieces or a regular Lego tilting brick.

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: Look, it's a non canon 'Cannon' Turret squad!

Post by 11_seconds_older on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:45 pm

80-0 wrote:It's quite nice for a heavy anti-artillery turret, though the base supports for it look a tad weak compared to the relative size of the barrels. I'd give it a sturdier base, though I really love the use of the cross-beams. Also, the fact that it can't pivot up/down is a problem. Perhaps this can be solved with either some technic pieces or a regular Lego tilting brick.

Hehe, I'd change it, buuuut. I think I dsimantled it for pieces the next day, Unfortubatley. But It did only take me 3 minutes to build, so, yah'know, wasn't going for accuaracy. However, was also working on some kid of pivot for it, But move on. Thanks though!

435thlegion wrote:My comments are on flickr.

My comments are on your mom, Jokes! Cool thanks dude.

Thunder-blade wrote:Not bad. Plain, but it gets the job done.

Yup, straight up.
avatar
11_seconds_older
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New Zealand

Back to top Go down

Re: Look, it's a non canon 'Cannon' Turret squad!

Post by MasterBrettKenobi on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Its a good job. Its almost like a mini ion canon.
avatar
MasterBrettKenobi
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : Planet Geonosis


Back to top Go down

Re: Look, it's a non canon 'Cannon' Turret squad!

Post by 11_seconds_older on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:02 pm

MasterBrettKenobi wrote:Its a good job. Its almost like a mini ion canon.

Cheers,

I'm not too sure what it is! Razz
avatar
11_seconds_older
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New Zealand

Back to top Go down

Re: Look, it's a non canon 'Cannon' Turret squad!

Post by Knight on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:11 pm

Its basic but, it is also cool at the same time.
avatar
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Anywhere with lego.


Back to top Go down

Re: Look, it's a non canon 'Cannon' Turret squad!

Post by Sialboats on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Your title is rotten, but - for set scraps - the MOC's very good. The seat is very nicely done; it's smoothness matches the rest of the MOC quite nicely. The barrels, too, are impressively done. Although, I am a sucker for those 1x1 technic wheels Razz .
avatar
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : Florida, United States


http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Re: Look, it's a non canon 'Cannon' Turret squad!

Post by astoriabluelegos on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:12 am

I think the legs/base could use some work, but above that it's pretty win. I like the turret design, and the control station for the gunner, well done. Wink Blue Arc
avatar
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 27
Location : Oregon


Back to top Go down

Re: Look, it's a non canon 'Cannon' Turret squad!

Post by 11_seconds_older on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:55 am

Sialboats wrote:Your title is rotten, but - for set scraps - the MOC's very good. The seat is very nicely done; it's smoothness matches the rest of the MOC quite nicely. The barrels, too, are impressively done. Although, I am a sucker for those 1x1 technic wheels Razz .

My title is fine thankyouverymush! Razz

astoriabluelegos wrote:I think the legs/base could use some work, but above that it's pretty win. I like the turret design, and the control station for the gunner, well done. Wink Blue Arc

Thanks! I appreciate comments on flickr too yahknow!
avatar
11_seconds_older
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New Zealand

Back to top Go down

Re: Look, it's a non canon 'Cannon' Turret squad!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum