Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X-56 Experimental Fighter

+7
Awesome-o-saurus
PizzaMovies
Commander Vulcan
Sialboats
Rook
pdragon27
Bizzle
11 posters

Go down

X-56 Experimental Fighter Empty X-56 Experimental Fighter

Post by Bizzle Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:40 pm

Used to defend the USA in 2578 from attacks from other countries the X-56 Experimental Fighter was capable of both fighting in space and in the atmosphere. It was produced by a branch of Boeing. It was armed with 2 Rail Guns, two missile launches and 10 canisters of chaff and a few flares. Capable of reaching Mach 10.5 it was the fastest fighter of the time and could reach any where in the would in a few hours.

X-56 Experimental Fighter 3753135094_d4517e877d

Link to Flickr

Last edited by Darth Bizzle on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

X-56 Experimental Fighter Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

X-56 Experimental Fighter Empty Re: X-56 Experimental Fighter

Post by pdragon27 Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:48 pm

Loving the SNOT work on the mandibles, but the rest of the craft isn't very appealing. There are too amny slopes conflicting with eachother and the curved slopes aren't mixing well with the regular slopes. The cockpit is nice too, Gunraven inspired?
pdragon27
pdragon27
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31819631@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:50 pm

I like it. I wish you had a better photo studio. Sad
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

X-56 Experimental Fighter Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:52 pm

The rear greebling is interesting, the piece usage is nifty, the smoothness of the frontal portion of the craft is admirable, and it really is a decent MOC. It's evident you've put effort into this Wink .

The slopes do kind of give away the light bley support beneath it. Ruins the consistency of the color-scheme on the rear portion.
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Vulcan Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:54 pm

This is a cool looking fighter Darth Bizzle, it got a good design, but what I would suggest is make it be able to reach a higher speed, maybe mach 24 because in this time we made an unmanned scramjet that reached about mach 10, that's the fastest jet today and here it is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_X-43
Commander Vulcan
Commander Vulcan
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:43 pm

Mach 4.5? Pffft, aircraft go that fast today...I'm sure that there would be some speed increase in more than 500 years...but it's a good MOC...although your photo studio is...bleh.
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/pizzamovies

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:40 pm

Pd- Thank you. I don't know who I have seen do the cockpit pod before, all I know is I saw it on flickr and decided to use that design. And I agree the slopes on top kinda ruin the flow of the MOC.

Rook- I know my photo studio sucks.

Sial- Thanks. I put about 4 hours of work into this MOC to make the mandibles work and the greebles on the back cover where the mandibles attach to the fighter. I know it ruins the consistency but I felt like it need a weathered/been repaired look to it. Plus I have non of those pieces in dark bleh.

Vulcan- True we have a jet that reaches Mach 10 but really Mach 24? That would introduce a bunch of new problems, inertial dampeners would be needed to keep the pilots body from being instantaneously killed by the force of gravity.

Pizza-Pffft I see no Mach 4.5 in the post I only see Mach 10.5. When was the last time you had your eye's checked? Wink I know my photo studio is bleh so sue me.
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Awesome-o-saurus Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:46 pm

I like it, looks good to my eyes. Could do with a few less studs here and there though. And we're still divided into petty nations in 500 years? The future is grim, in your backstory.
Awesome-o-saurus
Awesome-o-saurus
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:53 pm

Awesome-o-saurus wrote:I like it, looks good to my eyes. Could do with a few less studs here and there though. And we're still divided into petty nations in 500 years? The future is grim, in your backstory.

Yes and no. The USA was the dominant world power rivaled by none. How ever there were various wars through out earth so we made this fighter and bombed the fluck out of them and they ended up waging war as one body against us but we prevailed and a Apocalypse happened to all the world except the good 'ol USA... Who continued to to bomb the fluck out of the rest of the world.
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Vulcan Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:31 pm

Darth Bizzle wrote:Vulcan- True we have a jet that reaches Mach 10 but really Mach 24? That would introduce a bunch of new problems, inertial dampeners would be needed to keep the pilots body from being instantaneously killed by the force of gravity.

Yeah you're probably right Mach 24 would probably be too fast but I looked at a wikipedia page on scramjets and it says that projections for the top speed of a scramjet engine vary between Mach 12 and Mach 24 and I would expect that in 500 years we would have been able to get to those speeds.
Commander Vulcan
Commander Vulcan
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:36 pm

It doesn't really scream FIGHTER to me. It looks more like a speed-boat. It really looks too blocky to be maneuverable in the skies, though it is nicely armed.
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:02 am

80-0 wrote:It doesn't really scream FIGHTER to me. It looks more like a speed-boat. It really looks too blocky to be maneuverable in the skies, though it is nicely armed.

True but it is from the future.
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Heady Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:18 am

Nice fighter, hate the backstory. Design is good, I like the pylons in front, and the cockpit area looks ok.
Now the backstory really gets to me though. The USA supremacist attitude is a bit trying, and I can''t see a nation (a) Bombing indiscriminately foreign nations during foreign wars that we would have no involvement whatsoever in. (b) Surviving the breakup of the nation-states, to remain the sole remaining power, and (c) Surviving an Apocalypse, which presumably was nuclear, and then continuing to bomb the shattered remnants of the other nations. Would you kick a man when he's down?

/off topic
Aah, apoca-politics :p
Heady
Heady
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

X-56 Experimental Fighter Aflag10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tac Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:48 am

I really like this, although I'd add some greebles or tiles on top to get rid of the *shudders* studs! Razz
Tac
Tac
Bley Junkie
Bley Junkie

X-56 Experimental Fighter Flag_u10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/commandertac/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:23 pm

Heady wrote:Nice fighter, hate the backstory. Design is good, I like the pylons in front, and the cockpit area looks ok.
Now the backstory really gets to me though. The USA supremacist attitude is a bit trying, and I can''t see a nation (a) Bombing indiscriminately foreign nations during foreign wars that we would have no involvement whatsoever in. (b) Surviving the breakup of the nation-states, to remain the sole remaining power, and (c) Surviving an Apocalypse, which presumably was nuclear, and then continuing to bomb the shattered remnants of the other nations. Would you kick a man when he's down?

/off topic
Aah, apoca-politics :p

I totally made the story up dude... Besides the other countries attacked us first along time ago. I would kick a man when he is done if I hated him.

Tac- Thanks...I might redo parts of it, not 100% sure yet.
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:42 pm

Darth Bizzle wrote:
80-0 wrote:It doesn't really scream FIGHTER to me. It looks more like a speed-boat. It really looks too blocky to be maneuverable in the skies, though it is nicely armed.

That's really a lame excuse for a blocky fighter. Razz

Something from the future would be sleek and lean, but decked out with heavy weapons that are easily concealed and are neither overt nor huge.

@ Heady: Exactly! That's what the UN is trying to do: the UN wants to unite everyone in a worldwide supremacy which, as we've seen from history, fails miserably.

But enough talk of politics. If you had more to say you can always reply in PM. Smile
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:48 pm

80-0 wrote:
Darth Bizzle wrote:

That's really a lame excuse for a blocky fighter. Razz

Something from the future would be sleek and lean, but decked out with heavy weapons that are easily concealed and are neither overt nor huge.

@ Heady: Exactly! That's what the UN is trying to do: the UN wants to unite everyone in a worldwide supremacy which, as we've seen from history, fails miserably.

But enough talk of politics. If you had more to say you can always reply in PM. Smile

And you know that how?
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:50 pm

I don't; that's just my imagination's idea. Of course I hope I'm not infringing on your own imagination. Razz
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:17 pm

80-0 wrote:I don't; that's just my imagination's idea. Of course I hope I'm not infringing on your own imagination. Razz

Well you have a right to your own opinion just as I do.
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RubbahBand Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:31 pm

Can we stop the fighting I mean this fighter is experimental so it's technically a test fighter. Wink The cockpit needs work the weapons look good for the future though.
RubbahBand
RubbahBand
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37639510@N08

Back to top Go down

Post by Heady Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:46 pm

Darth Bizzle wrote: Yes and no. The USA was the dominant world power rivaled by none. How ever there were various wars through out earth so we made this fighter and bombed the fluck out of them and they ended up waging war as one body against us but we prevailed and a Apocalypse happened to all the world except the good 'ol USA... Who continued to to bomb the fluck out of the rest of the world.
It just seemed from your backstory, that the USA decided to interfere in wars it had no business fighting, and their/our policies riled up the other nations, which attacked in protest. It's like in modern times, where we're Globo-Cop (Props to Bly for that phrase), meddling in most parts of the world. It doesn't seem like something a democratically-elected government would carry out, without provocation.

/offtopic
Heady
Heady
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

X-56 Experimental Fighter Aflag10

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:48 pm

Heady wrote:
Darth Bizzle wrote: Yes and no. The USA was the dominant world power rivaled by none. How ever there were various wars through out earth so we made this fighter and bombed the fluck out of them and they ended up waging war as one body against us but we prevailed and a Apocalypse happened to all the world except the good 'ol USA... Who continued to to bomb the fluck out of the rest of the world.
It just seemed from your backstory, that the USA decided to interfere in wars it had no business fighting, and their/our policies riled up the other nations, which attacked in protest. It's like in modern times, where we're Globo-Cop (Props to Bly for that phrase), meddling in most parts of the world. It doesn't seem like something a democratically-elected government would carry out, without provocation.

/offtopic

Ah heady you never cease to amaze me... But you have a point. And who said it was a elected government?
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum