Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

The Force Unleashed(80-0 style)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Force Unleashed(80-0 style)

Post by The Jinja Ninja on Sun May 11, 2008 11:50 am

CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:3. I don't know how to use Photoshop to get speech bubbles.

Any help here would be appreciated... Smile

Okay, I made a tutorial on how to make speech bubbles in Photshop, so you'd better like this:

1) First of all, you need a picture. Listening to Queen on Youtube and chatting on MSN at the same time are optional Wink
2) Important: Use the 'Elliptical Marquee Tool' for this next part...
3) Click 'n' drag an ellipse that's a teensy bit bigger than the area you'll want to type in. Obviously, this can take a few tries to get right.
4) Use the Paintbucket tool to fill the ellipse with the colour you want your outline to be (I've used standard black here).
5) Using the Ell.Mar. tool again, create a similar, but smaller, ellipse inside the one that's already there.
6) Use the Paintbucket to make it white.
7) Use the Polygonal Lasso Tool to make a triangle pointing to the speaker. Keep that short end inside the (in this case, black) outline.
8) Fill with outline colour (here: black) and use the Pol.Las. tool to make a similar (but smaller) triangle inside the pointer. Make sure it overlaps into the white.
9) Use Paintbucket to fill the smaller triangle with white. Manual cleanup with the Paintbrush may be needed.
10) Select a font, and type away!

Full MAJ gallery.
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 on Sun May 11, 2008 2:32 pm

Wow mate, thanks so much for doing all that! Hola Wow!

Time to get to work...

EDIT: I don't think I have that Photoshop; I only have Adobe Photoshop Album starter edition 3.2(Viewer).

How would I go about getting the Adobe Photoshop Elements? Smile

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja on Sun May 11, 2008 2:39 pm

You're welcome, as long as the resulting comic looks good! Razz There's quite a bit of hassle (but no hoff) involved, which is why I use single-colour speech bubbles (with different colours for each character) in my comic, which isn't a rip-off of 'Irregular Webcomic' in any way, shape or form... Got that? Wink
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 on Sun May 11, 2008 3:59 pm

The Jinja Ninja wrote:You're welcome, as long as the resulting comic looks good! Razz There's quite a bit of hassle (but no hoff) involved, which is why I use single-colour speech bubbles (with different colours for each character) in my comic, which isn't a rip-off of 'Irregular Webcomic' in any way, shape or form... Got that? Wink

He he... OK! Laughing

But can you tell me how to get Adobe Photoshop Elements? I don't think I have it. Roll Eyes

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

five

Post by -Aki- on Sun May 11, 2008 7:06 pm

CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:
DarthPineapple wrote:
astoriabluelegos wrote:
Zepher wrote:PC beats anything else anyways.

FINALLY someone who agrees with me! Smile Blue Arc

Add me to that list.

Well, that makes four of us. Wink

Any advice on getting my comic done? Or should I just do it the way Zepher does it, with type below each picture? :scratch:

5 now Razz! anyway, I like the gun racks, and the jump trooper! Can't wait for the final product!
Off topic: anyone got call of duty 4 modern warfare on their PC?
-Aki-
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 on Sun May 11, 2008 7:12 pm

Aki-kundu wrote:
CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:
DarthPineapple wrote:
astoriabluelegos wrote:
Zepher wrote:PC beats anything else anyways.

FINALLY someone who agrees with me! Smile Blue Arc

Add me to that list.

Well, that makes four of us. Wink

Any advice on getting my comic done? Or should I just do it the way Zepher does it, with type below each picture? :scratch:

5 now Razz! anyway, I like the gun racks, and the jump trooper! Can't wait for the final product!
Off topic: anyone got call of duty 4 modern warfare on their PC?

Do me a favor and make a whole new topic for PC game discussion and/or Call of Duty 4 discussion. Wink

I'd prefer if this thread were for people who would actually like to give me some advice. Smile

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 on Mon May 12, 2008 2:20 pm

Jinja, can you please tell me how to get the Adobe Photoshop Elements or whatever you have? Because mine isn't as extensive as that... It's just a viewer. Mad

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja on Mon May 12, 2008 4:15 pm

CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:Jinja, can you please tell me how to get the Adobe Photoshop Elements or whatever you have? Because mine isn't as extensive as that... It's just a viewer.

Ah, now that's a problem. I've have it on a disc for ages, and I don't know where I got it. There are newer versions out now (I have 2.0, there's at least a 5.0), but it doesn't really matter, seeing as you have to pay for all of them. Try checking out that free Photoshop program - I don't know if it has all the tools, but they're all pretty basic. Link.
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos on Tue May 13, 2008 1:23 am

I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements from Adobe's website, it's like $50-$60 I think, and it's a great program! Smile Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top