Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Critical Trial

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Critical Trial

Post by SithFilmer on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:51 am

I'm aware that there are many mistakes; a lot of which I'm attributing to my digital camera and absence of a Quickcam Pro. Wink Ah well. Hope you guys like it anyway.

I advise you to actually go to the YouTube page; I have a more in-depth explanation there.

SithFilmer
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Critical Trial

Post by MikeZulu on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:01 am

Mildly amusing... Good effort with the stop motion, but when the lightsabers clashed they were the same kind of strikes each time.
MikeZulu
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike-zulu/collections/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerrard on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:30 pm

Awesome, this is very well done! What camera do you use and what kind of are do you work in, light. background, perhaps could you show me a picture?
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Post by (insert name here) on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:38 pm

I liked the idea, but it would've been hilarious at the end if another Jedi that looked similar to the first would've walked on the scene, like as if Rook the Sith have been just going through Jedi after Jedi. Some of the animation was choppy in parts, but I did enjoy your mix of "force fighting". Lighting was spot-on, sound effects were good, liked how you used some Lego Star Wars effects. Overall, good mini-film, as usual, by Sithfilmer.
(insert name here)
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41887982@N04/

Back to top Go down

Post by SithFilmer on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:09 pm

MikeZulu wrote:Mildly amusing... Good effort with the stop motion, but when the lightsabers clashed they were the same kind of strikes each time.
Thanks! I'm trying to find a way to make the sabers more realisitic, yeah. I'll have to try harder I guess.

Gerrard wrote:Awesome, this is very well done! What camera do you use and what kind of are do you work in, light. background, perhaps could you show me a picture?
I use a Samsung Digimax A503, and I can't show you my setup 'cause I just left home. I'll take a picture on Sunday night when I get back if I remember. Thanks!

(insert name here) wrote:I liked the idea, but it would've been hilarious at the end if another Jedi that looked similar to the first would've walked on the scene, like as if Rook the Sith have been just going through Jedi after Jedi. Some of the animation was choppy in parts, but I did enjoy your mix of "force fighting". Lighting was spot-on, sound effects were good, liked how you used some Lego Star Wars effects. Overall, good mini-film, as usual, by Sithfilmer.
Hehe, that is a good idea. I actually did have the idea that he'd been killing lots of Jedi before, but I didn't think to include it. *Files info away for further use*

And more "Force-fighting," as you put it, is on the way. Hopefully. AP classes are a problem this year. =P Thanks so much!
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:39 pm

It really isn't all that choppy, in my view, and very watch-able. I want to know what's behind the door, whose handle was opened when he force-crushed the guards. Excellent work on the set, and great music! Though I'd've done a LITTLE more work on the only line in the entire video; it was very low, and somewhat scratchy. Other than that, do what INH said. Smile

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-blade on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Rook is bad-@$$ isn't he. Razz

Saw and commented on YouTube. Only thing I'd add in lightsaber effects..
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:36 am

Lightsaber effects will no doubt come in time. As of now, it's a simply epic film. You flaws, Sithfilmer, are noticed by both me and indubitably will be by the plebeian lot that will view this film long after I have - so you have little to fear from them. Nice little test/short Wink .
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by (insert name here) on Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:01 am

SithFilmer wrote:
(insert name here) wrote:I liked the idea, but it would've been hilarious at the end if another Jedi that looked similar to the first would've walked on the scene, like as if Rook the Sith have been just going through Jedi after Jedi. Some of the animation was choppy in parts, but I did enjoy your mix of "force fighting". Lighting was spot-on, sound effects were good, liked how you used some Lego Star Wars effects. Overall, good mini-film, as usual, by Sithfilmer.
Hehe, that is a good idea. I actually did have the idea that he'd been killing lots of Jedi before, but I didn't think to include it. *Files info away for further use*

And more "Force-fighting," as you put it, is on the way. Hopefully. AP classes are a problem this year. =P Thanks so much!

You know what I'd like to see. I wanna see JUST a force fight. Make the Jedi and the Sith lose their lightsabers and just go throwing objects and pushing each other around. I think that would be cool.
(insert name here)
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41887982@N04/

Back to top Go down

Post by SithFilmer on Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:14 am

80-0 wrote:It really isn't all that choppy, in my view, and very watch-able. I want to know what's behind the door, whose handle was opened when he force-crushed the guards. Excellent work on the set, and great music! Though I'd've done a LITTLE more work on the only line in the entire video; it was very low, and somewhat scratchy. Other than that, do what INH said. Smile
Yeah... a lazy error on my part. Razz I'm not sure, but I might revisit that door in the future...

I was happy with the music as well; it's from KotOR. The line being scratchy was intentional; I wanted him to sound like he was talking through some sort of mask or other. It was very different from when I first recorded it.

Sialboats wrote:Lightsaber effects will no doubt come in time. As of now, it's a simply epic film. Your flaws, Sithfilmer, are noticed by both me and indubitably will be by the plebeian lot that will view this film long after I have - so you have little to fear from them. Nice little test/short Wink .
Hehe... plebieans. XD Thanks, Sial! Hopefully I can make a more professional one later on, now that I know what I'm capable in this department.

@ INH: I've often wanted to do that, but it would require massive amounts of green-screening, and because I don't have a webcam my camera shifts when I take the picture ever so slightly. That's why my green-screening is a bit poor. But it may be a possibility.

SithFilmer
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergeant B on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:26 pm

Nice job, how did you get the objects to fly? I've been trying to work that out for ages.

Read the rules about bumping old topics. - R
Sergeant B
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dan on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:54 pm

Nice one, SithFilmer. You are very good at brickfilms.

Don't add to bumped topics. - R
Darth Dan
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darth_dans_photostream/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top