Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

Post by SithFilmer on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:40 am



So I finally finished a WIP. Razz

Not my best, but I specialize in scenes, not ships, anyway. I dislike the cockpit.

Here's the set.
avatar
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 24


Back to top Go down

Re: Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

Post by Commander Vulcan on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:46 am

It looks pretty good Sithflimer, it has great detail on it, that engine design looks cool too. I was wondering something what is it supposed to be because the wip said you weren't sure if it would be a cargo ship or something else?
avatar
Commander Vulcan
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : Peoria, Arizona


Back to top Go down

Re: Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

Post by SithFilmer on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:47 am

Commander Vulcan wrote:It looks pretty good Sithflimer, it has great detail on it, that engine design looks cool too. I was wondering something what is it supposed to be because the wip said you weren't sure if it would be a cargo ship or something else?

At the moment it just a personal transport ship. I didn't feel like making it a cargo ship, but I may convert it later to use in a brickfilm. Thanks!
avatar
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 24


Back to top Go down

Re: Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

Post by Gerrard on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:01 am

Now this is a win, the blue things on the sides go great here, excellent work!
avatar
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : Somewhere to the left of the Death Star


http://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Re: Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

Post by Darth Yoda on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:11 am

I love the cockpit but not the body actually.
avatar
Darth Yoda
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 22
Location : school


http://www.flickr.com/photos/32354339@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

Post by legorevolution on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:45 am

The grill pieces seem a little accessive and unnecessary towards the front, so I suggest dropping some. However I really like those blue engines you've got on the side. I can't tell if that's a molded piece connected to the wall of the ship via technic pin, or if you offset it somehow? :scratch:
avatar
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Arizona


http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Re: Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

Post by Sialboats on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:24 am

It doesn't look all that bad, in honesty. The grills seem to work with that type of craft - albeit excessively. The overall shape is pleasant to look at, while striking you as a utilitarian cargo craft. The colors are okay, and the cockpit could be worse.

I like it. But mind you, that's a very mild degree of "to appreciate or otherwise enjoy" Razz .
avatar
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : Florida, United States


http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Re: Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

Post by MyOwnCreations on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:41 pm

I like it. But rather then the thrusters maybe add a hull to it? Because front the front it looks like theirs a hull in the back then when you turn it around, thruster inside a box (thing).
avatar
MyOwnCreations
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 21
Location : Antarctica =p


Back to top Go down

Re: Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

Post by Thunder-blade on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:00 pm

I like it. Studlessness looks good, and the overall body has a nice shape!
avatar
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far, far away...


http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Re: Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

Post by Jedi Joe on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:12 pm

I'd nominate this for Portal MOC if it was in the right section.

Very nice work, I love the greebles and the shape of the craft. Smile
avatar
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...


Back to top Go down

Re: Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

Post by Gerrard on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:19 pm

Is the blue line on the windshield supposed to be there?
avatar
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : Somewhere to the left of the Death Star


http://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Re: Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

Post by SithFilmer on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:23 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:I love the cockpit but not the body actually.
Well... That's not what I was expecting. XD
legorevolution wrote:The grill pieces seem a little accessive and unnecessary towards the front, so I suggest dropping some. However I really like those blue engines you've got on the side. I can't tell if that's a molded piece connected to the wall of the ship via technic pin, or if you offset it somehow? :scratch:
Hmm. I didn't really think about overusing the grill pieces.

Let me see if I've got this straight: The blue engines are both halves of the Cement Mixer, and I connected it by using several 1 x 2 bricks with technic pin holes. Does that answer your question?
Sialboats wrote:It doesn't look all that bad, in honesty. The grills seem to work with that type of craft - albeit excessively. The overall shape is pleasant to look at, while striking you as a utilitarian cargo craft. The colors are okay, and the cockpit could be worse.

I like it. But mind you, that's a very mild degree of "to appreciate or otherwise enjoy" Razz .
Mm'kay. So basically, it's serving it's purpose. Razz
MyOwnCreations wrote:I like it. But rather then the thrusters maybe add a hull to it? Because front the front it looks like theirs a hull in the back then when you turn it around, thruster inside a box (thing).
That was actually the whole reason I made this: to have two separate engines.
Thunder-blade wrote:I like it. Studlessness looks good, and the overall body has a nice shape!
Thanks!
Jedi Joe wrote:I'd nominate this for Portal MOC if it was in the right section.

Very nice work, I love the greebles and the shape of the craft. Smile
Huh. I didn't know they had to be in a certain forum...

Thanks!
Gerrard wrote:Is the blue line on the windshield supposed to be there?
Ah, I was waiting for someone to say something about that. No, it's not. I triedd to get rid of it, but it's a reflection off something.

Thanks guys!
avatar
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 24


Back to top Go down

Re: Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

Post by Jedi Joe on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:31 pm

It has to be a Clone Army creation, having to do with your legion or just the clones in general.
avatar
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...


Back to top Go down

Re: Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

Post by Troopa Daisy on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:31 pm

Pretty good! I like the cockpit more than the body though. Wink Smile
avatar
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Age : 21
Location : Vancouver, BC Canada. GO CANUCKS GO!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Re: Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

Post by Green Tee on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:59 pm

I think of that slope piece at the top, as unnessacary. I just like things finished off, not left hanging. Or just simply replace with a 2x2 gray tile.
avatar
Green Tee
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : Ohio


http://www.flickr.com/photos/39281125@N02/

Back to top Go down

Re: Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

Post by SithFilmer on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:03 am

CommanderKill wrote:I think of that slope piece, at the top, as unnessacary. I just like things finished off, not left hanging. Or just simply replace with a 2x2 gray tile.
I tried that at first; it makes the cockpit look too small.
avatar
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 24


Back to top Go down

Re: Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

Post by Clonecommando007 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:10 am

I'm a fan of this, and I actually really like the cockpit. The one odd thing though is the back, though it looks like you tried to give it a Y-wing style engine set, the space between the two pylons there is really odd and I was expecting some sort of cargo bay or something. Good work overall though!

________________________________________________________________
avatar
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Location : Ohio


Back to top Go down

Re: Kuat Systems Engineering 33-CRG

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum