Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Bastogne V1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bastogne V1

Post by Comrade Faie on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:03 pm

PhiMa and I decided to do another 24x24, Bastogne (critical battle in the battle of the bulge).



Please, please, please check out more in the set(link)! I'd love to get some feedback on flickr as well. Razz

Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Viva La France and Rick Alstley


Back to top Go down

Bastogne V1

Post by Commander BYAW on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:43 pm

I would put some gray pieces in front of those randomly to give it that shelled out look and add a more snowy feel to it. But it looks great otherwise! Wink
avatar
Commander BYAW
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : finding ways to become chuck norris in the future


Back to top Go down

Re: Bastogne V1

Post by RubbahBand on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:45 pm

Commander BYAW wrote:I would put some gray pieces in front of those randomly to give it that shelled out look and add a more snowy feel to it. But it looks great otherwise! Wink
This battle took place in December with snow and a whole lot of fog.
So wouldn't those pieces be snowed over?
avatar
RubbahBand
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 21
Location : Haunting CABG


http://www.flickr.com/photos/37639510@N08

Back to top Go down

Bastogne V1

Post by Commander BYAW on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:50 pm

Yes but I meant like shell holes too. Not just from the house.
avatar
Commander BYAW
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : finding ways to become chuck norris in the future


Back to top Go down

Re: Bastogne V1

Post by Comrade Faie on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:53 pm

Thanks guys, I like the building as is though.

Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Viva La France and Rick Alstley


Back to top Go down

Re: Bastogne V1

Post by Green Tee on Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:23 pm

I believe this is your best war-type MOC scene yet. maybe make the railing shortened, so it's not falling off, but with pieces missing, and some foundation (like wood or steel) coming out of the sides of the building, but still, I think it's your best. But the Bocage is up there with this one, because of it's extra grass greebles. Seriously, I think if you made this real life, instead of bricks, it'd look like a picture from war time.
avatar
Green Tee
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : Ohio


http://www.flickr.com/photos/39281125@N02/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bastogne V1

Post by Troopa Daisy on Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:28 pm

That looks really good! When you said "Phima and I" do you mean you went to his house? Wink Smile
avatar
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Age : 22
Location : Vancouver, BC Canada. GO CANUCKS GO!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bastogne V1

Post by RubbahBand on Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:40 pm

Troopa Daisy wrote:That looks really good! When you said "Phima and I" do you mean you went to his house? Wink Smile
Daisy, PhiMa lives in Europe.
Cfaie lives in the U.S.
So I would highly doubt that. Wink
avatar
RubbahBand
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 21
Location : Haunting CABG


http://www.flickr.com/photos/37639510@N08

Back to top Go down

Re: Bastogne V1

Post by Gerrard on Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:41 pm

The trees look pretty nice, well, pines.

Good little scene overall!
avatar
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : Somewhere to the left of the Death Star


http://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Re: Bastogne V1

Post by Troopa Daisy on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:17 pm

Anomanzor wrote:
Troopa Daisy wrote:That looks really good! When you said "Phima and I" do you mean you went to his house? Wink Smile
Daisy, PhiMa lives in Europe.
Cfaie lives in the U.S.
So I would highly doubt that. Wink

Then why did he say "Phima and I decided to make..........blah, blah, blah? Wink Smile
avatar
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Age : 22
Location : Vancouver, BC Canada. GO CANUCKS GO!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bastogne V1

Post by Comrade Faie on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:20 pm

Because we love to make WWII LEGO, this is our second project together.

He'll post his at some point (we have no time frame).

And CKill, thanks man it really means a lot!

Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Viva La France and Rick Alstley


Back to top Go down

Re: Bastogne V1

Post by Green Tee on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:39 pm

I'd want to try this too, but I'd need some new minifigs.
And you're welcome, Comrade Faie.
avatar
Green Tee
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : Ohio


http://www.flickr.com/photos/39281125@N02/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bastogne V1

Post by PizzaMovies on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:56 pm

Very good Cfai! And I think that it's very similar to the documentaries and films that I've watched. Wink




And since you two mothaf@ckahs left me outta ze loop, I want back in this. And I demand that the next project be the D-Day landings! Razz
avatar
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : South Carolina, United States


http://www.youtube.com/pizzamovies

Back to top Go down

Re: Bastogne V1

Post by PhiMa on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:04 pm

PizzaMovies wrote:Very good Cfai! And I think that it's very similar to the documentaries and films that I've watched. Wink




And since you two mothaf@ckahs left me outta ze loop, I want back in this. And I demand that the next project be the D-Day landings! Razz

I demand that you take part in this one and that the ones being in longest get to pick, IMO.

Not bad CFaie. You've got the building quite nicely as are the trees.
avatar
PhiMa
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23
Location : A little east of boring and north of lame.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/phima/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bastogne V1

Post by Comrade Faie on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:44 pm

Thanks PhiMa, the those crates and barrels are from your Deuce and a half. Wink

Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Viva La France and Rick Alstley


Back to top Go down

Re: Bastogne V1

Post by PizzaMovies on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:59 am

PhiMa wrote:
PizzaMovies wrote:Very good Cfai! And I think that it's very similar to the documentaries and films that I've watched. Wink




And since you two mothaf@ckahs left me outta ze loop, I want back in this. And I demand that the next project be the D-Day landings! Razz

I demand that you take part in this one and that the ones being in longest get to pick, IMO.

Not bad CFaie. You've got the building quite nicely as are the trees.

lolz, I don't have ANY white pieces, so, no snow forest MOC for me. Sad

But I DO have LOADS of pieces for a D-Day beach landing scene...
avatar
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : South Carolina, United States


http://www.youtube.com/pizzamovies

Back to top Go down

Re: Bastogne V1

Post by Comrade Faie on Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:21 am

Keep 'em comin'!

Any suggestions on what to add?

Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Viva La France and Rick Alstley


Back to top Go down

Re: Bastogne V1

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum