Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Arrival

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arrival

Post by Knight on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:03 am

This is one of my entries for this months guild build. I think we all know this little scene when the Emperor arrives on the 2nd death star.

Main pic.

Another veiw.

Some veiws without the figs.

Enjoy! Smile
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Re: Arrival

Post by Jedi Joe on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:18 am

It looks pretty plain without the minifigs, and it needs some studs.
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon9 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:32 am

Hola Wow! That's just plain epic! Very nice Knight, im just no sure if i'm digging the studlessness or not. Razz Fordo Yo!
Brandon9
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Cow on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:24 pm

I have to say it does seem kind of plain but it looks exactly like the part in the movie. I wouldn't change anything, I like how you only showed a part of the ship.

Good job. Shocked
Funky Cow
Funkadelic

Back to top Go down

Post by MilitaMoose on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:53 pm

I, for one, love the clean look. The ship looks well made, but you should've covered it up a bit on the sides.
MilitaMoose
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knight on Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:48 pm

Jedi Joe wrote:It looks pretty plain without the minifigs, and it needs some studs.

It is meant to look plain. I tried to make it look just like the movie. Also thanks for all the comments everyone. Smile
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution on Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:38 pm

Jedi Joe wrote:It looks pretty plain without the minifigs, and it needs some studs.

I disagree with the whole stud aspect, but it is missing something. Maybe throw in some white lines on the floor to mark where ships can land. It looks very nice, it's just missing 'something'. Wink
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:33 pm

I like the smoothness and the part of the shuttle, but there should be something more, like white dashes across the floor or one or two lights. Wink Smile
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by Knight on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:44 pm

legorevolution wrote:

I disagree with the whole stud aspect, but it is missing something. Maybe throw in some white lines on the floor to mark where ships can land. It looks very nice, it's just missing 'something'. Wink

I would add white lines, but I wanted it to look just like the movie.A link to the pic of the scene. If you look at the front of the shuttle there are no white lines. Wink
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:49 pm

Perhaps you could still add one or two lights on the ground near the shuttle though. Wink
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by Knight on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:53 pm

Troopa Daisy wrote:Perhaps you could still add one or two lights on the ground near the shuttle though. Wink

I am going to keep it the way it is, because I want it to look just like the movie. If I built the whole hanger and shuttle then there would be lights. Wink
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by 667thLegion on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:30 am

Very sleek! But add some storm troopers to the background. Wink
667thLegion
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/16634

Back to top Go down

Post by Knight on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:34 am

667thLegion wrote:Very sleek! But add some storm troopers to the background. Wink

I would, but there isn't enough room.
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:11 am

Well, in the picture there are some red lines on the floor...
Fithboy
John Denno
John Denno

Location : Liverpool. I swear there is more rain here than in the Amazon Rainforest.

http://www.youtube.com/xxXDennoXxx

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:31 pm

Knight wrote:I would add white lines, but I wanted it to look just like the movie.A link to the pic of the scene. If you look at the front of the shuttle there are no white lines. Wink

Making things movie accurate is a big thing for me too so I see whatcha mean. The moc is just in the middle awkward state. If you make it smaller it will be more packed which will eliminate the space problem. If you go slightly larger you can add Storm Troopers on either side to cover up that big space. If you're keeping it as is there really isn't much that you can do.

*Edit actually scratch that. I see one tiny minor improvement. Razz In the back where the two 'landing gear' legs are touching the black floor, the 1x2 with middle stud plate is at the same height as the rest of the ground. It looks like it's smashed into the hangar. Lift it up 1/3 a brick and it will be sitting above the ground where it rightfully should be. Wink This won't take care of the rest of your space problem though.
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Post by Knight on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:29 am

legorevolution wrote:
Knight wrote:I would add white lines, but I wanted it to look just like the movie.A link to the pic of the scene. If you look at the front of the shuttle there are no white lines. Wink

Making things movie accurate is a big thing for me too so I see whatcha mean. The moc is just in the middle awkward state. If you make it smaller it will be more packed which will eliminate the space problem. If you go slightly larger you can add Storm Troopers on either side to cover up that big space. If you're keeping it as is there really isn't much that you can do.

*Edit actually scratch that. I see one tiny minor improvement. Razz In the back where the two 'landing gear' legs are touching the black floor, the 1x2 with middle stud plate is at the same height as the rest of the ground. It looks like it's smashed into the hangar. Lift it up 1/3 a brick and it will be sitting above the ground where it rightfully should be. Wink This won't take care of the rest of your space problem though.

I will see what I can do about the size and landing gear. I can't go smaller though because the contest lowest size limit is a 16X16. Maybe I should just build the whole hanger and shuttle. Razz
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazard with a Glove on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:47 am

I don't think you should change. This is probably the best I have ever seen from you and it looks perfect. I would love to see more like this. Maybe trying some more stuff at the same size from the movies.

EDIT: although I do agree with lifting the landing gear.
Hazard with a Glove
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top