Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Phantom-class star fighter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Phantom-class star fighter

Post by Knight on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:13 pm

Well it's been a little over a week since I have made a MOC, so here is the latest. The Phantom class star fighter. The Phantom was used only for stealth missions and recon. The ship is very fast, and can slip through enemy lines with ease.

In flight.


Main pic.


The nose.


The side.


The landing gear.


The engines.


Sorry for the orange. It was light reflecting of the trans-red pieces.


Last edited by Knight on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Anywhere with lego.


Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by DarthLeumas on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:24 pm

It's cool! I don't really like the landing gear. Looks too big for the MOC. Other than that it's great! Smile

The Constitution wrote:Colored Text:
1. Only Staff are allowed to use colored text, when editing your posts or in their posts.

Please review the site rules & regs: http://www.thecabg.net/the-guild-constitution-f1/the-constitution-site-rules-read-before-registering-t1.htm

-Revo
avatar
DarthLeumas
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : The Empire State


Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by eclipsegrafx on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:03 pm

Looks like someone was at the lego store and filled up on pick a bricks?Smile

I like it, in fact the nose pieces inspired me last night to make a speeder for my MOC application.

The landing gear is a little big but I'm glad you included them. How long have you been building?
avatar
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : internet


http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsegrafx/

Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by Knight on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:15 pm

eclipsegrafx wrote:Looks like someone was at the lego store and filled up on pick a bricks?Smile

I like it, in fact the nose pieces inspired me last night to make a speeder for my MOC application.

The landing gear is a little big but I'm glad you included them. How long have you been building?

The landing gear is only this big so it can hold it up. As for building, I have been mocing for about 9 months, and collecting for about 10 years.
avatar
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Anywhere with lego.


Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by eclipsegrafx on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:22 pm

As I keep looking at it though, I am reminded of one of Rook's lessons. I think you might want to make the body a little sleeker. Not so round. Maybe even a little elongated.

The sleeker a ship looks the faster it insinuates it is. The cockpit looks like it causes alot of resistance when flying.
avatar
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : internet


http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsegrafx/

Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by Knight on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:26 pm

eclipsegrafx wrote:As I keep looking at it though, I am reminded of one of Rook's lessons. I think you might want to make the body a little sleeker. Not so round. Maybe even a little elongated.

The sleeker a ship looks the faster it insinuates it is. The cockpit looks like it causes alot of resistance when flying.

That is the only cockpit that fits in the space, and I am going to keep it the way it is. I do see you're point though.
avatar
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Anywhere with lego.


Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by Man on fire on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Nice design. I think that The Empire would want one of these! Razz
avatar
Man on fire
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : In someone's mind


Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by eclipsegrafx on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:37 pm

Don't get me wrong. I do like it. Did you do any details in the cock pit by the way?
avatar
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : internet


http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsegrafx/

Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by Knight on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:39 pm

eclipsegrafx wrote:Don't get me wrong. I do like it. Did you do any details in the cock pit by the way?

There wasn't a ton of space, but I did put a control stick in there.
avatar
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Anywhere with lego.


Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by eclipsegrafx on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:42 pm

I think I will create a star fighter and have the minifig placed like batman does when he's using the weapons on the bat mobil from the latest movies:P

You know lying down on his belly?
avatar
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : internet


http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsegrafx/

Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by Knight on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:50 pm

eclipsegrafx wrote:I think I will create a star fighter and have the minifig placed like batman does when he's using the weapons on the bat mobil from the latest movies:P

You know lying down on his belly?

I think that information would fit better in this thread.
avatar
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Anywhere with lego.


Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by eclipsegrafx on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:53 pm

Sorry, I just meant that your star fighter gave me that idea/inspiration.

But you are correct it should go there.
avatar
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : internet


http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsegrafx/

Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by Troopa Daisy on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:35 pm

Good job, I quite like the landing gear! Smile
avatar
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Age : 22
Location : Vancouver, BC Canada. GO CANUCKS GO!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by legorevolution on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:36 pm

Contrary to what most are saying, I actually like the overall look of this ship. The bulked up body with the elongated wings gives it a sinister feel in black. Particularly interesting was the use of those arch pieces on the front nose- it reminded me of a hammer. The only part that is a little sketch is where the wings attach to the body, and where the landing gear attaches to the underside of the wings. Other than that, great fighter. Not so sure I can see a friendly little Kashyyyk trooper flying this though. Wink

*Edit- The pics are a little blurry too, can you reshoot the photo with the ship above the hangar floor so I can frontpage this baby? Smile
avatar
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Arizona


http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by Knight on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:40 pm

legorevolution wrote:Contrary to what most are saying, I actually like the overall look of this ship. The bulked up body with the elongated wings gives it a sinister feel in black. Particularly interesting was the use of those arch pieces on the front nose- it reminded me of a hammer. The only part that is a little sketch is where the wings attach to the body, and where the landing gear attaches to the underside of the wings. Other than that, great fighter. Not so sure I can see a friendly little Kashyyyk trooper flying this though. Wink

The wings attach onto the under belly of the ship, and the landing gear is connected by 1x2 bricks with 2 studs on each side. Also, thanks for the comments everyone. Smile

Edit: Sure thing I will re-take the main pic.
Double edit: My camera is dead. Once it is charged I will take new pics.
avatar
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Anywhere with lego.


Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by Knight on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:52 pm

Update. Fixed "in flight" pic.
Here you go revo. Smile
avatar
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Anywhere with lego.


Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by legorevolution on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:01 am

It's still a tad blurry. Are your camera settings on macro?
avatar
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Arizona


http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by Knight on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:03 am

legorevolution wrote:It's still a tad blurry. Are your camera settings on macro?

I don't know how to tell if it's on macro. Embarassed
avatar
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Anywhere with lego.


Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by eclipsegrafx on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:10 am

Smiles*

The more I look at it the more I like it.

I really am getting more inspired to finally finish my MOCs for the application... too bad I am too much of a perfectionist and keep finding faults in my design.

Razz
avatar
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : internet


http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsegrafx/

Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by Knight on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:05 am

eclipsegrafx wrote:Smiles*

The more I look at it the more I like it.

I really am getting more inspired to finally finish my MOCs for the application... too bad I am too much of a perfectionist and keep finding faults in my design.

Razz

Thanks, and don't worry about being a perfectionist, just go for it.
avatar
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Anywhere with lego.


Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by legorevolution on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:47 am

eclipsegrafx wrote:too bad I am too much of a perfectionist and keep finding faults in my design.

Ah, isn't that a horrible trait to have?! Get's the best of me all the time. The end result is totally worth it however. Wink
avatar
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Arizona


http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by eclipsegrafx on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:51 am

The problem for me is that my skill level doesn't match my vision so I am constantly pushing my self to be more creative but falling short of my vision stops me from taking pictures. Razz
avatar
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : internet


http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsegrafx/

Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by BrickChalkFilms on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:38 pm

I think it needs some kind of motor through the middle but overall it's awesome! Green
avatar
BrickChalkFilms
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 21


Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by Knight on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:57 pm

BrickChalkFilms wrote:I think it needs some kind of motor through the middle but overall it's awesome! Green

The middle is a little to small for that, but thanks for the suggestion. Also thanks for the comments everyone.
avatar
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Anywhere with lego.


Back to top Go down

Re: Phantom-class star fighter

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum