Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

A Tribute To nnenn

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Tac on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:51 am



RIP nnenn, even though your gone, your legacy and inspiration will never die.

nnenn inspired me to do what no other builder has: Build a starfighter. So this is my first proper starfighter, I think it came out pretty good. Smile


For those of you who have no idea what I'm on about:

Tuesday was a sad day for fans of Lego. TBB announced the death of the most inspirational starfighter builder ever, nnenn. If you haven't seen his photostream your missing out on some of the best MOCs on Flickr. nnenn is no doubt famous for his unique and colourful starfighters, but also builds unique land vehicles. He's built helicopters, tanks, transport, everything! His death has hit the community hard. Everyone has been posting tributes to this legend, their sigfig crying in front of a rubber band holder (Now know as the 'nnenn brick'') or building a fighter in his style. Even in death nnenn has done what no other builder has, make me to build a starfighter. It's my first starfighter, but I hope he would've liked it. Smile

His photostream.

Farewell to a Legend: Mourning the Passing of Nate "nnenn" Nielsen.


Last edited by Tac on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Tac
Bley Junkie
Bley Junkie

Age : 20
Location : Telling my slaves to build faster.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/commandertac/

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Rook on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:48 pm

I'm glad you posted this but if you wouldn't mind maybe do a bit more of photographic essay for those that didn't know him. Wink

________________________________________________________________

Signature by RΟΟK, on Flickr
avatar
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Location : Ontario


http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Tac on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:03 pm

Rook wrote:I'm glad you posted this but if you wouldn't mind maybe do a bit more of photographic essay for those that didn't know him. Wink

Done. Shall I let people post tributes/farewells here or let them focus on the actual MOC?
avatar
Tac
Bley Junkie
Bley Junkie

Age : 20
Location : Telling my slaves to build faster.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/commandertac/

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Rook on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:18 pm

I think one of things that amazed me the most was just the sheer number of things he built. Some 66 pages or so just on his Flickr account.

Here’s one of my favorite pictures from his photostream.



Last edited by Rook on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

________________________________________________________________

Signature by RΟΟK, on Flickr
avatar
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Location : Ontario


http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Tac on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:24 pm

Rook wrote:I think one of things that amazed me the most was just the sheer number of things he built. Here’s one of my favorite pictures from his photostream.

I can see my Vic Viper in that pic! 😁
avatar
Tac
Bley Junkie
Bley Junkie

Age : 20
Location : Telling my slaves to build faster.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/commandertac/

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by PhiMa on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:24 pm

Rook wrote:I think one of things that amazed me the most was just the sheer number of things he built. Here’s one of my favorite pictures from his photostream.

<snip>

Those aren't actually all his, they're contest entries for the Vic Viper contest.

But he did build alot...he will be missed. Sad
avatar
PhiMa
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23
Location : A little east of boring and north of lame.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/phima/

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Tac on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:27 pm

avatar
Tac
Bley Junkie
Bley Junkie

Age : 20
Location : Telling my slaves to build faster.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/commandertac/

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Ham701 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:28 pm

I hadn't even heard of him until his death was announced but you can clearly see that he was just simply amazing and he will be missed.
avatar
Ham701
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : The Labyrinth.


Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Aerial Trooper Nitro on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:48 pm

Rest in peace, you have inspired me so greatly. I will miss you Waaa! Waaa! Waaa! !
avatar
Aerial Trooper Nitro
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : In DP's lampshade spying on him.


Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Troopa Daisy on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:59 am

Yeah, he really was a significant builder. Sad
avatar
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Age : 21
Location : Vancouver, BC Canada. GO CANUCKS GO!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:50 am

His stuff is so amazing, he is an inspiration to us all.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Phazezorz on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:29 am

The_Customizer wrote:His stuff was so amazing, he was an inspiration to us all.
I had to fix it Wink

Great job, Tac. I love the choice of highlight colors and think this does justice to Nnenn.
avatar
Phazezorz
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 21
Location : &lt;.&lt;


http://www.flickr.com/photos/phazes_photostream/

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Danester Man on Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:29 am

I had never heard of him until now, but his MOCs are just amazing.

I guess this will have to be my tribute.

I think I'm not allowed to post images but could you let this slide or whatever.
RIP nnenn
avatar
Danester Man
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : In a place.......


Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by The Jinja Ninja on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:13 pm

Very nnennish fighter, Tac - a good tribute. Smile If you wanted, you could always put those skills into making a Vic Viper for the missing man formation.
avatar
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Age : 23
Location : Timeline No. 1


Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Tac on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:46 pm

The Jinja Ninja wrote:Very nnennish fighter, Tac - a good tribute. Smile If you wanted, you could always put those skills into making a Vic Viper for the missing man formation.

Thanks, I was planning to build a Vic Viper with the same colours (Blue and orange highlights with a hint of white.). Smile
avatar
Tac
Bley Junkie
Bley Junkie

Age : 20
Location : Telling my slaves to build faster.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/commandertac/

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by bl*c on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:29 pm

Yeah, cool ship, just a bit 'colorless' compared to most of his fighters. Still, it looks like he made it for fun, nnenn will be missed. Sad
avatar
bl*c
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : New Jersey


http://www.flickr.com/photos/50744850@N05/

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Gordonblixt on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:38 pm

I never really knew nnenn, but I have seen several of his MOCs and they're all amazing. R.I.P nnenn.
avatar
Gordonblixt
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : Sweden

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Tac on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:40 pm

bl*c wrote:Yeah, cool ship, just a bit 'colorless' compared to most of his fighters. Still, it looks like he made it for fun, nnenn will be missed. Sad

If I had all those grey pieces in a more colourful colour I would've used them.
avatar
Tac
Bley Junkie
Bley Junkie

Age : 20
Location : Telling my slaves to build faster.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/commandertac/

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by bl*c on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:44 pm

^Can't blame you there, and I just realized the 1 on top of this beauty.
avatar
bl*c
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : New Jersey


http://www.flickr.com/photos/50744850@N05/

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Alpha Beta on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:00 pm

Sad I never even knew him until now, rest in peace nnenn. Did he have a membership to the CABG?
avatar
Alpha Beta
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : Somewhere my GPS doesn't know


Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Rogue Jedi on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:53 pm

His insanely awesome MOCs will be passed on through generations.

He will be missed.
avatar
Rogue Jedi
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 21
Location : somewhere in Star Wars...


http://http"//www.youtube.com/user/starwarsguys1234

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Cpt Rex on Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:44 pm

I never knew nnenn. Knowing that I didn't know him brings sadness to my heart. Looking through his Flickr page and about 60 pages worth of MOCs, I understand now why he was loved so dearly by his peers. Seeing the many comments on his latest MOC brings the warmth back, knowing people, such as a few here, really cared. Seeing the many contacts and followers makes me angry that I didn't know such a great legend to the not just the LEGO Star Wars community, but to the LEGO community in general. He will be missed by myself, and all who know of this tragedy. My kind regards to his loving family in such a troubling time. May God let Nate "nnenn" Nielsen rest in peace, for he is in a better place.
avatar
Cpt Rex
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member



Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Persian Prince on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:50 am

Cpt Rex wrote:I never knew nnenn. Knowing that I didn't know him brings sadness to my heart. Looking through his Flickr page and about 60 pages worth of MOCs, I understand now why he was loved so dearly by his peers. Seeing the many comments on his latest MOC brings the warmth back, knowing people, such as a few here, really cared. Seeing the many contacts and followers makes me angry that I didn't know such a great legend to the not just the LEGO Star Wars community, but to the LEGO community in general. He will be missed by myself, and all who know of this tragedy. My kind regards to his loving family in such a troubling time. May God let Nate "nnenn" Nielsen rest in peace, for he is in a better place.
Well put. We weren't ready for you to leave us. Farewell nnenn.
avatar
Persian Prince
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 26
Location : Turn around...


http://www.youtube.com/user/EliteShadowTrooper

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by bladerunner on Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:55 am

I never knew you but even in the deepest abyss of mocpages I had heard of you. Now that I look through your mocs I feel a great sadness, a sadness that there will be no more colorful starfighters, no more great helicopters and no more tanks. However let us find peace in the fact that you were able to to do what no builder could, you inspired Tac to build a fighter. You will be missed, and may you find peace in another place, a happier place free of troubles. I would also like to tell your family that any support the entire Lego community is behind you and can support you in your time of grieving. RIP nnenn you will be missed. Sigh we have lost to many good builders recently: nnenn, zepher, INH and Sialboats to name a few. Sad
avatar
bladerunner
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : On Endor sniping scout troopers


Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Persian Prince on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:16 am

bladerunner wrote:I never knew you but even in the deepest abyss of mocpages I had heard of you. Now that I look through your mocs I feel a great sadness, a sadness that there will be no more colorful starfighters, no more great helicopters and no more tanks. However let us find peace in the fact that you were able to to do what no builder could, you inspired Tac to build a fighter. You will be missed, and may you find peace in another place, a happier place free of troubles. I would also like to tell your family that any support the entire Lego community is behind you and can support you in your time of grieving. RIP nnenn you will be missed. Sigh we have lost to many good builders recently: nnenn, zepher, INH and Sialboats to name a few. Sad

What happened to Zepher and Sialboats? I know they don't go on, but did they just stop coming on?
avatar
Persian Prince
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 26
Location : Turn around...


http://www.youtube.com/user/EliteShadowTrooper

Back to top Go down

Re: A Tribute To nnenn

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum