Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Hangar 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hangar 5

Post by Knight on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:11 pm

Here's my latest MOC! Hangar 5. I spent about 3 days working on this one, and it was inspired by LRV's Imperial Hangar. So here it is!

Main pic.

The Ordnance Lifter.

Troop transport.

The first floor.

Upper level door.

Upper level walkway.
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Re: Hangar 5

Post by Rook on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Ah just lovely. MOCs like this make me proud. Love Thumbs up

Only draw back is that spot yellow keeps pulling my eyes in. A few more spots of color would have caused you eye to gaze around the MOC more.

Signature by RΟΟK, on Flickr
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by customhelmetsman on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:37 pm

You should get rid of the 5 in the center. It does not look right. I love the droid. Marine
customhelmetsman
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:22 pm

Rook wrote:Only draw back is that spot yellow keeps pulling my eyes in.

Yeah, either more spots or none at all.
I love the greebling and SNOT you used. The whole thing looks wonderful.

Back to top Go down

Post by bl*c on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:40 pm

Love all the SNOT and greebles, the bot is really cool too. Once again, nice Moc. Smile Thumbs up
bl*c
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50744850@N05/

Back to top Go down

Post by Knight on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:44 pm

Thanks for the comments everyone! Smile I would add color, but this has been scrapped already, so I can start my "The Empire Strikes Back" entry. Wink Razz
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:33 pm

Several things need to be improved. The big "5" in the center of the wall and floor look weird, the wall could use some more greebles, and maybe make the door openable. The bot droid thing in the hangar is nice though I like that design. Wink Smile
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hanger 5

Post by cloud on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:02 am

WoW! Shocked
I love it smooth, and beautiful, and love that droid!
cloud
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49869521@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Beta on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:26 am

Awesome, but the storm-trooper waists don't match the the clone-troopers torso. Wink Everything else is an epic win. Smile Thumbs up
Alpha Beta
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerrard on Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:19 am

Agreed with Rook on the yellow part, but still very nice. Smile Reminds me of Revo's just a bit.
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Post by Persian Prince on Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:36 am

Gerrard wrote:Agreed with Rook on the yellow part, but still very nice. Smile Reminds me of Revo's just a bit.
Knight describes it as being influenced by Revo's set.
Persian Prince
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/EliteShadowTrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by cln-cmndo on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:32 pm

I might just have to take your robot... modify it a bit... Seripas!!!
cln-cmndo
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/16619

Back to top Go down

Post by Knight on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:09 pm

cln-cmndo wrote:I might just have to take your robot... modify it a bit... Seripas!!!

It's actually from starwars.wiki.com.

@-Thanks for the comments everyone, and Rook for front paging it! 😁
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by eclipsegrafx on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:55 pm

Well that explains the random yellow piece.

Nice job by the way.
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsegrafx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerial Trooper Nitro on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:03 pm

Nice MOC, but my favorite part of it is the binary loadlifter, it just looks so cool! Smile Smile
Aerial Trooper Nitro
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution on Sat May 01, 2010 1:22 am

Smile Nice moc Knight. You've nailed the greeble stripe around the hangar on the wall. I like how some pieces flow outside of the 'set' line. There are a few suggestions for you though, first being the rounded edges on the ends of the rails bother me. Since this is supposed to be a cut away scene of a much larger picture, it doesn't make sense that the rails would start ending like that. Sure it might seem like a good idea to throw those curves in there, but to the trained eye (ahem such as myself Wink ) it doesn't make much sense. You're better off squaring them. Second suggestion being that one blip of yellow is way to distracting. You've got a great base background with the light and dark bley walls and floor, but I feel like you can clutter up the hangar a little more with slight coloring such as black wires on the wall, colored canisters, etc just so that blip of yellow doesn't stand out. Keep it up! Thumbs up
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Post by Knight on Sun May 02, 2010 1:47 am

legorevolution wrote:Smile Nice moc Knight. You've nailed the greeble stripe around the hangar on the wall. I like how some pieces flow outside of the 'set' line. There are a few suggestions for you though, first being the rounded edges on the ends of the rails bother me. Since this is supposed to be a cut away scene of a much larger picture, it doesn't make sense that the rails would start ending like that. Sure it might seem like a good idea to throw those curves in there, but to the trained eye (ahem such as myself Wink ) it doesn't make much sense. You're better off squaring them. Second suggestion being that one blip of yellow is way to distracting. You've got a great base background with the light and dark bley walls and floor, but I feel like you can clutter up the hangar a little more with slight coloring such as black wires on the wall, colored canisters, etc just so that blip of yellow doesn't stand out. Keep it up! Thumbs up

Ah, some one caught onto the curves. I added it for detail, but yes if I added to the scene it would look odd. I can't add color since it's been scrapped for parts, and I need to start (has started) my "The Empire Strikes Back" entry.

@-Thanks for the comments everyone! Smile
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Beta on Sun May 02, 2010 3:08 pm

Knight wrote:
legorevolution wrote:Smile Nice moc Knight. You've nailed the greeble stripe around the hangar on the wall. I like how some pieces flow outside of the 'set' line. There are a few suggestions for you though, first being the rounded edges on the ends of the rails bother me. Since this is supposed to be a cut away scene of a much larger picture, it doesn't make sense that the rails would start ending like that. Sure it might seem like a good idea to throw those curves in there, but to the trained eye (ahem such as myself Wink ) it doesn't make much sense. You're better off squaring them. Second suggestion being that one blip of yellow is way to distracting. You've got a great base background with the light and dark bley walls and floor, but I feel like you can clutter up the hangar a little more with slight coloring such as black wires on the wall, colored canisters, etc just so that blip of yellow doesn't stand out. Keep it up! Thumbs up

Ah, some one caught onto the curves. I added it for detail, but yes if I added to the scene it would look odd. I can't add color since it's been scrapped for parts, and I need to start (has started) my "The Empire Strikes Back" entry.

Why must you scrap everything!?!?
Alpha Beta
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knight on Sun May 02, 2010 4:25 pm

Alpha Beta wrote:
Knight wrote:

Why must you scrap everything!?!?

I need to scrap everything so I can build new MOC's.
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top