Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CABGOII Phase II: Staff Category Contest Entry

+3
Troopa Daisy
Rabid Squirrel
Rook
7 posters

Go down

CABGOII Phase II: Staff Category Contest Entry Empty CABGOII Phase II: Staff Category Contest Entry

Post by Rook Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:05 pm

CABGOII Phase II: Staff Category Contest Entry

CABGOII Phase II: Staff Category Contest Entry HAET-221_profile

High-Altitude Entry Transport-221

CABGOII Phase II: Staff Category Contest Entry P1010775

CABGOII Phase II: Staff Category Contest Entry Th_P1010776 CABGOII Phase II: Staff Category Contest Entry Th_P1010777 CABGOII Phase II: Staff Category Contest Entry Th_P1010778 CABGOII Phase II: Staff Category Contest Entry Th_P1010779 CABGOII Phase II: Staff Category Contest Entry Th_P1010780

Gallery

Reference Link
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

CABGOII Phase II: Staff Category Contest Entry Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

CABGOII Phase II: Staff Category Contest Entry Empty Re: CABGOII Phase II: Staff Category Contest Entry

Post by Rabid Squirrel Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:17 pm

Wow. I'm amazed. However, is it to scale? You probably don't care about the scale, but I am guessing it is not to scale. The actual one looks like it could hold quite a few troopers in the cockpit. Whereas yours has room for 1-2. I see where you were going with the dark red, but it seems you missed a stripe on the underside of the ship.
Rabid Squirrel
Rabid Squirrel
Guild Member
Guild Member

CABGOII Phase II: Staff Category Contest Entry Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

CABGOII Phase II: Staff Category Contest Entry Empty Re: CABGOII Phase II: Staff Category Contest Entry

Post by Rook Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:25 pm

Yep it's to scale. See reference measurements and count studs. Wink Remember though scale is subjective depending on their you use 1.87m as standard human height or if you assume that 2m is an expectable SWU measurement and much easier mathematical equation to figure out. And whether or not you round up or down on studs count. I use 5.5-ish studs equals 2m.
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabid Squirrel Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Rook wrote:Yep it's to scale. See reference measurements and count studs. Wink Remember though scale is subjective depending on their you use 1.87m as standard human height or if you assume that 2m is an expectable SWU measurement and much easier mathematical equation to figure out. And whether or not you round up or down on studs count. I use 5.5-ish studs equals 2m.
So roughly 11 studs equals 4m and this ship is say 40-50 studs the actual ship would be roughly 16m? Or did I do my math wrong? You set up the proportion saying 4m over 11 studs equals x over 45 studs, correct? Anywho, it looks good and you did leave that dark red stripe out at the bottom.
EDIT: Sorry I forgot to add the "tail" into the math so it is off. It is longer than 50 studs.
Rabid Squirrel
Rabid Squirrel
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:50 pm

It should be about 43-45 studs +/- 3. The tail is SNOT, so the measurements might be off by +/- a few studs.

17.2 meters: 17.2/2*5.5= 47.3 studs.

Last edited by Rook on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:52 pm

Wow, awesome job here Rook. Everything is in proportion, and the way you made those large grills on the side is just spectacular! Smile
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRider Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:20 pm

I am very impressed, it looks so good!
Well done! Wink
DarkRider
DarkRider
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

CABGOII Phase II: Staff Category Contest Entry Aflag10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Beta Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:34 pm

So you are still making mocs even though you are unopposed? Razz
Alpha Beta
Alpha Beta
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bl*c Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:59 pm

The cockpit is just so, so exactly like the ship. Thumbs up

But I might suggest raising the (side) height of those curved dome pieces, they make the ship look like there are two "lumps" on it IMO.

Overall, this is definitely a great build; in fact, I think you have this contest in the bag. Razz
bl*c
bl*c
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50744850@N05/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethan52 Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:58 pm

It looks really nice the MOC and the ship itself. But I do have one question where is that ship seen in the movies? Roll Eyes

If you clicked on Rook's link it would tell you that they were used during the occupation of Utapau. Also, you just bumped an old topic. Don't do it again. -Tac
Ethan52
Ethan52
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum