Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by Sergeant B on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:51 am

Yeah, I agree with SeargentKano all helcopters have a long tail and a tail propellar to steer it.
avatar
Sergeant B
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 21
Location : Turn around...


Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by SeargentKano on Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:53 am

(Off topic) ^Good job at spelling sergeant correctly. (Back on topic) Also seems odd that the two infantry men on either side are separated. Just sayin'.
avatar
SeargentKano
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Right behind you.


Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by Darth Yoda on Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:51 am

So basically my old design sucked...

Here's what I've been working on:
avatar
Darth Yoda
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 22
Location : school


http://www.flickr.com/photos/32354339@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by Troopa Daisy on Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:25 am

The cockpit looks good is there a compartment to hold soldiers? Wink Smile
avatar
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Age : 22
Location : Vancouver, BC Canada. GO CANUCKS GO!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by Darth Yoda on Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:03 am

Troopa Daisy wrote:The cockpit looks good is there a compartment to hold soldiers? Wink Smile

Nope, I ditched that. Next update will feature some weapons though.
avatar
Darth Yoda
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 22
Location : school


http://www.flickr.com/photos/32354339@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by Fithboy on Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:19 pm

Looks kewl. The whole design is really great, IMO.
avatar
Fithboy
John Denno
John Denno

Location : Liverpool. I swear there is more rain here than in the Amazon Rainforest.


http://www.youtube.com/xxXDennoXxx

Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by Astor on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:34 pm

Even though you're not going to fit figures in the cockpit, you should cover the inside with flat tiles to make it look better.
But still, awesome design! Wow this thing looks
avatar
Astor
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 21
Location : Oslo, Norway


Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by Darth Yoda on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:53 pm

Astor wrote:Even though you're not going to fit figures in the cockpit, you should cover the inside with flat tiles to make it look better.
But still, awesome design! Wow this thing looks

I'll put someone in the cockpit, but that's it. Wink
avatar
Darth Yoda
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 22
Location : school


http://www.flickr.com/photos/32354339@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by train 01 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:43 am

This looks like something right out of Halo, which is a good thing.
avatar
train 01
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 19
Location : Maryland


Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by why on Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:38 am

I have got to say, this was much better then your older one. I think you should go for the run down theme, and mix some old grey with the bley.
You should make the propellers (Lack of things to call them) on wings, so that they go out a bit more. And you should also either make the whole thing larger, or make the propellers (Again) smaller. I don't recommend the latter though- It would be a lot harder.
You should also get some light tan in there for some great color contrast- that would make my day. Razz
avatar
why
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : why do you need to know? You an agent?


Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by Darth Yoda on Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:57 am

why wrote:I have got to say, this was much better then your older one. I think you should go for the run down theme, and mix some old grey with the bley.
You should make the propellers (Lack of things to call them) on wings, so that they go out a bit more. And you should also either make the whole thing larger, or make the propellers (Again) smaller. I don't recommend the latter though- It would be a lot harder.
You should also get some light tan in there for some great color contrast- that would make my day. Razz

Uhhhh.....

Nonononononon

NO

Light tan does not go well with dark bley, any smaller propellers wouldn't keep it up, etc....

no.
avatar
Darth Yoda
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 22
Location : school


http://www.flickr.com/photos/32354339@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by why on Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:35 am



Light tan does not go well with dark bley, any smaller propellers wouldn't keep it up, etc....

no.[/quote]


Really?... Why not? You get the light tan color and the dark bluish gray of the bley... Yea, I get the thing with the propellers i don't know what I was thinking...
avatar
why
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : why do you need to know? You an agent?


Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by LazerBlade on Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:37 am

why wrote: You should also get some light tan in there for some great color contrast- that would make my day. Razz

You are so right.

And Darth Yoda, tan does go great with dark bley. Look at my artillery cannon for instance. Wink It looks great. Smile

But maybe you mean, "not on your creation". Wink
avatar
LazerBlade
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : USA


http://www.flickr.com/photos/lazerblade/

Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by why on Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:43 am

LazerBlade wrote:
why wrote: You should also get some light tan in there for some great color contrast- that would make my day. Razz

You are so right.

And Darth Yoda, tan does go great with dark bley. Look at my artillery cannon for instance. Wink It looks great. Smile

But maybe you mean, "not on your creation". Wink

Thanks you Lazer! Razz I mean, just get any tan brick, and then a bley brick, put them together... It just looks right. But, I mean like, if you don't wanna put tan on it that's perfectly fine. I'm just saying that it would make everything stand out more then; Bley, bley, bley, oh hey look, more bley!
avatar
why
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : why do you need to know? You an agent?


Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by LazerBlade on Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:46 am

why wrote:

Thanks you Lazer! Razz I mean, just get any tan brick, and then a bley brick, put them together... It just looks right. But, I mean like, if you don't wanna put tan on it that's perfectly fine. I'm just saying that it would make everything stand out more then; Bley, bley, bley, oh hey look, more bley!

When we refer to bley here, we say Tac. Razz So in this case, it is a "Tac" looking vehicle. Razz
avatar
LazerBlade
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : USA


http://www.flickr.com/photos/lazerblade/

Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by Denal on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:14 am

In my opinion, dark tan looks better with dark bley than light tan and dark bley, but anywho. They both look fine together. Plus the thing's already completed anyways.
avatar
Denal
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : Oklahoma


Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by Darth Yoda on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:16 am

Dark tan does look a lot better, and Lazer just because you used it doesn't mean it works well. Wink
avatar
Darth Yoda
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 22
Location : school


http://www.flickr.com/photos/32354339@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by LazerBlade on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:32 am

Darth Yoda wrote:Dark tan does look a lot better, and Lazer just because you used it doesn't mean it works well. Wink

I was helping out our fellow member "WHY?". Razz That's all.

But I totally agree with Denal. Wink
avatar
LazerBlade
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : USA


http://www.flickr.com/photos/lazerblade/

Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by why on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:44 am

LazerBlade wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:Dark tan does look a lot better, and Lazer just because you used it doesn't mean it works well. Wink

I was helping out our fellow member "WHY?". Razz That's all.

But I totally agree with Denal. Wink

It's actually "why", but I'll let it slide. Razz

And now that Denal said that, I tried it, And yes, it really does look a little better then light tan. Maybe a mixture of both would be better? Razz
avatar
why
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : why do you need to know? You an agent?


Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by Hazard with a Glove on Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:08 am

The thing with tan is that it generally works best with bley when bley is the secondary color. Here, Happy Weasel does very well with the color scheme. IMO, when using bely as a primary color, a darker color works better than a lighter color (dark tan, dark red, dark blue, dark green, etc).
avatar
Hazard with a Glove
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : Once upon a time, in a magical forrest....


Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by Darth Yoda on Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:16 am

Hazard with a Glove wrote:The thing with tan is that it generally works best with bley when bley is the secondary color. Here, Happy Weasel does very well with the color scheme. IMO, when using bely as a primary color, a darker color works better than a lighter color (dark tan, dark red, dark blue, dark green, etc).

True, what I am saying though is that tan would look horrible on my creation.
avatar
Darth Yoda
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 22
Location : school


http://www.flickr.com/photos/32354339@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: Futuristic Helicopter WIP

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum