Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CABGOII Staff P4 Contest Entry: Utapau Motorized Play Set

+17
Sergeant B
Aerial Trooper Nitro
Bossk
Jedi Joe
stormtroopertj
DarthLeumas
droidbait
Gerrard
Darman
Troopa Daisy
Alpha Beta
bl*c
Knight
Astor
Tac
Green Tee
Rook
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CABGOII Staff P4 Contest Entry: Utapau Motorized Play Set - Page 2 Empty Re: CABGOII Staff P4 Contest Entry: Utapau Motorized Play Set

Post by droidbait Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:50 pm

But is that a republic Gunboat in the pic?
droidbait
droidbait
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

CABGOII Staff P4 Contest Entry: Utapau Motorized Play Set - Page 2 Flag_u10

Back to top Go down

CABGOII Staff P4 Contest Entry: Utapau Motorized Play Set - Page 2 Empty Re: CABGOII Staff P4 Contest Entry: Utapau Motorized Play Set

Post by Rook Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:57 pm

Yep it was CABGOII Phase 2 entry.

http://www.thecabg.net/clone-army-creations-f4/cabgoii-phase-ii-staff-category-contest-entry-t6110.htm?highlight=cabgoii
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

CABGOII Staff P4 Contest Entry: Utapau Motorized Play Set - Page 2 Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Joe Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:55 pm

Rook, I cannot get the full effect of this by just looking at it. You put a lot of playability into it, that it's hard to get a good picture of it. But what you have is really awesome, it really makes we want to get my hands on it... Laughing
Jedi Joe
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...
CABGOII Staff P4 Contest Entry: Utapau Motorized Play Set - Page 2 Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bossk Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:12 pm

Rook wrote:
stormtroopertj wrote:^LIES, phase 2 clones are way cooler, you guys forgot about the pahse 2 clones, you threw all of them away, now you use less detailed phase 1 clones Sad Waaa! .

Not sure what "pahse" is, but I don't throw my Lego away. I just didn't use them. Wink

And yes generally speaking Phase 2 are cooler but TLG has failed to make many of the "cooler" designs. The plain white Phase 2 clones are what I'm talking about.

Note how the clone's helmet makes it seem less intelligent with the passing of time.

Sharp vision to standard type looking face to walleyed Britney Spears.

Rook, I must disagree with you. The Phase 2 Face and Storm Trooper faces seem like creepy gas masks which adds to their effect. Also, the sharpness on the Phase 1 looks weird at times. For example, why does it have that huge fin on its helmet? Is it a plane or something? Also, in your picture of the Phase 2 Trooper, you gave it different legs which makes the belt and lower waist look weird. Also, about the Storm Troopers. You said they weren't intimidating because they couldn't get Luke and the gang. Well, this should make up for it.
Bossk
Bossk
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stormtroopertj Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:14 am

Well, the phase 1 helmet, when you said big fin, that's the antenna of the helmet.
stormtroopertj
stormtroopertj
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bossk Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:25 am

stormtroopertj wrote:Well, the phase 1 helmet, when you said big fin, that's the antenna of the helmet.

Wait, that white fin on the top is an antenna? That's sort of surprising I guess. It doesn't really look like one.
Bossk
Bossk
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerial Trooper Nitro Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:01 pm

Best MOC ever, I'm am just so blown away by this Hola Wow!! I have only one question: is this supposed to be when the Battle of Utaupau took place in Episode III, because the clones are wearing phase 1 armor rather than phase 2 armor.
Aerial Trooper Nitro
Aerial Trooper Nitro
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:00 pm

Aerial Trooper Nitro wrote:Best MOC ever, I'm am just so blown away by this Hola Wow!! I have only one question: is this supposed to be when the Battle of Utaupau took place in Episode III, because the clones are wearing phase 1 armor rather than phase 2 armor.

Is this a question or a statement? And read above posts. Roll Eyes

@ Bossk:

Not my picture. Just pulled it off the web. Wink

@ sttj:

Clearly you have no idea what Down Syndrome and FAS are. They cause an organic dysfunction of the brain and there is often a widening of the space between the eyes.

Here's a little science for you:

Generally speaking (because yes there’s always an exception to the rule):

Prey have eyes wider apart to have a larger range of vision and therefore smaller blind spots.

Predators have eyes closer together to give them better depth perception.

Therefore Storm Troopers look like prey and Clone Troopers look like predators. (Note this only refers to the plain white basic uniforms not the thousands of other modifications that came later to make them look better.) Wink

Last edited by Rook on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

CABGOII Staff P4 Contest Entry: Utapau Motorized Play Set - Page 2 Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bossk Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:37 pm

Rook wrote:Therefore Storm Troopers look like prey and Clone Troopers look like predators. (Note this only refers to the plain white basic uniforms not the thousands of other modifications that came later to make them look better.) Wink

The Storm Trooper eyes aren't actually that far apart. Also, sharp edges, though they may look nice, aren't the best in terms of defenses compared to smooth helmets like the ones Storm Troopers wore. An example would be in that castles awhile ago that were actually assaulted and used in war always had rounded towers and no corners, as though were easy spots for battering rams to break through. Of course, things like that were more important on castles than helmet,s but you still get what I'm saying.

Further more, the fins on the P1 Clone Trooper helmets look weird. As I said earlier, they aren't planes, so why would they have it? When ducking in cover, you don't want a fin to stick up and give away your position. I'm beginning to doubt that they those fins are com links. After all, look at Captain Fordo. He had com links on the side of his head and he had the best of the best armor.

Bossk
Bossk
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergeant B Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:19 am

Rook, this MOC just makes me cry with jealousy. Firstly you have a LOT more LEGO than I have, secondly your MOC is amazing and thirdly this MOC is amazing! (I wrote this MOC is amazing twice because once just isn't enough) All hail the mighty Rook! Rook
Sergeant B
Sergeant B
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

CABGOII Staff P4 Contest Entry: Utapau Motorized Play Set - Page 2 Flag_a10

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:47 pm

Wow, it's everything I wanted it to be. In my mind I thought you were just going to do the scene in Ep. III where all the clones drop into the the hangar from the scafolding while Obi is down fighting the general. You threw in so much more than that, such as the rock walls, all the ships, your new boga and wheelbike. Man this is awesome. I did notice the lack of detailing, but that tends to come when you build bigger. All the motorized parts were neat too. I particularly liked the power source and droid assembly line. Now, when will this be going up on flickr? Smile
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:49 pm

I have a good felling you are going to win! Razz Especially since you are the only Staff entering! Razz

I really like this, it should make front page!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by commando niner Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:20 am

Grate job, that is the 2nd collist motrized lego creation I have seen. You did a great job on the asibly line and, well evry thing else. A toast!

Please use proper spelling, there's at least 6 errors here. -Tac
commando niner
commando niner
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Beta Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:04 pm

Rook wrote:2nd I think the Phase 1 clones are way cooler. Due to their Roman Legionnaire feel. "The greatest fighting force that ever existed." ]

*cough* Sparta *cough*

If Sparta had the numbers, they would have definetely taken over the world. Wink Razz
Alpha Beta
Alpha Beta
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

CABGOII Staff P4 Contest Entry: Utapau Motorized Play Set - Page 2 Empty Utapau

Post by enzo332 Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:34 pm

Rook wrote:<Snip>

Hola Wow! How big is this awesome Diorama?, Rook.... your MOC has left me speechless....... it's just too good! at the instant of viewing this, I nearly hit myself with my Math book just to see if I was just seeing things Razz The detail is so perfect!! I have never seen a CW MOC as good as this! this is the best Diorama I have ever seen, no offense Revo and all you Guild members!

Wow, I've never seen anyone dumb enough to quote the first post before. Read the rules during your 5 day ban. -Tac

Last edited by Tac on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:49 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : A grammar mistake, and I think I typed some letters by accident)
enzo332
enzo332

CABGOII Staff P4 Contest Entry: Utapau Motorized Play Set - Page 2 Aflag10

Back to top Go down

CABGOII Staff P4 Contest Entry: Utapau Motorized Play Set - Page 2 Empty wow

Post by the hoff Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:40 am

WOW just WOW.

This is probally the best moc I ever seen suprisingly its better than my mocs!
Laughing

Really good job rook. Wink

Please don't post in topic older then 2 weeks, thanks. -Tac
the hoff
the hoff
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

CABGOII Staff P4 Contest Entry: Utapau Motorized Play Set - Page 2 Flag_u10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hoffs_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2