Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CABGOII Phase IV Entry: 7128 Speeder Bike Showdown

+9
Hazard with a Glove
Rabid Squirrel
Aerial Trooper Nitro
Troopa Daisy
Doraff
bl*c
Rijulskywalker
Rook
Ruitath
13 posters

Go down

CABGOII Phase IV Entry: 7128 Speeder Bike Showdown Empty CABGOII Phase IV Entry: 7128 Speeder Bike Showdown

Post by Ruitath Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:09 pm

7128 Speeder Bikes Remake
CABGOII Phase IV Entry: 7128 Speeder Bike Showdown 4880591651_5ef8a4a9d4
7128 Speeder Bike Showdown (A new name than the original)
Ages: 7-14 --- Pieces: 159
Luke is on a secret mission on the forest moon of Endor! After getting separated from Leia and the rest of his friends, Luke finds himself being attacked by two scout troopers on their 74-Z speeder bikes. Have Luke draw his lightsaber and take the speeders head on or take cover in the grass and hide behind tall Cambylictus tree. Includes Endor Luke Skywalker, and two scout troopers. $19.99

Flickr Set
Brickset
Wookieepedia 1 2

Notes:
For this phase of the CABGOII, I was really short on time. I was on vacation for most of the time and it took me a really hard time to decide on what to choose. But I finally decided on 7128 Speeder Bikes.
For actually making the speeders, I looked around at all the official Lego speeders and took little hints from them on design, because I wanted one that was not only realistic, but also had playability. After three trys, I finally got a design I was happy with, although there is one thing that I was not able to get on no matter how hard I tried (See if you can figure it out).
And for the "tree" instead of making a humongous tree like in the movie, I wanted to go with a more SWU approach and have it be realistic, so I created a Cambylictus tree. But having a just plate with a tree wouldn't cut it. I thought the grass would make it "pop", if you will, and once again, make more realistic like in the movie.
And that's how I went about making the MOC. My little brother loves to play with it, and it does actually have around 160ish pieces or so.

If you like it, you can vote for it here (Although I do believe you have to be a guild member to get it). I'd really appreciate that. Wink

Thanks to everyone who voted for me (or didn't in certain cases), it's been a blast making this stuff for the contest. I can't believe I made it this far. Constructive criticism is always welcome, so if you think you would do something different, let me know.

Wish me luck!
Casey a.k.a. "Ruitath"

P.S. By the way, the Darth Vader mosaic is all done, and even destroyed. It will be posted shortly. Wink
Ruitath
Ruitath
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

CABGOII Phase IV Entry: 7128 Speeder Bike Showdown Flag_u12

http://mocpages.com/home.php/12945

Back to top Go down

CABGOII Phase IV Entry: 7128 Speeder Bike Showdown Empty Re: CABGOII Phase IV Entry: 7128 Speeder Bike Showdown

Post by Rook Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:17 pm

Hard to see what you did with the bikes. Maybe post a close up if you got one in the gallery.
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

CABGOII Phase IV Entry: 7128 Speeder Bike Showdown Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

CABGOII Phase IV Entry: 7128 Speeder Bike Showdown Empty Re: CABGOII Phase IV Entry: 7128 Speeder Bike Showdown

Post by Ruitath Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:28 pm

Rook wrote:Hard to see what you did with the bikes. Maybe post a close up if you got one in the gallery.

Yeah, there are 8 pictures of the speeder in the flickr set. (Link to the left or above in original post)

Casey a.k.a. "Ruitath"
Ruitath
Ruitath
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://mocpages.com/home.php/12945

Back to top Go down

Post by Rijulskywalker Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:32 pm

I guess I like it. It's simple, but it gets the job done. I would buy it!
Rijulskywalker
Rijulskywalker
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bl*c Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:38 pm

Nice speeder bikes, like how there's no 'bike' piece. The tree is nice too.

This is, as Rijulskywalker said, simple; but it's great and gets the job done. Smile
bl*c
bl*c
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50744850@N05/

Back to top Go down

Post by Doraff Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:23 pm

I like it. It's pretty simple, I'll tell you that right now! Wink
Doraff
Doraff
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : I'm not where you think I am. I'm almost like a Clone Ninja.

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:35 am

A bit late on this, don't you think you should be Dairy Queened? Razz

But this build isn't that good IMO. The bikes look like the ones from the original set and the tree needs more greeness. Wink
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

CABGOII Phase IV Entry: 7128 Speeder Bike Showdown Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerial Trooper Nitro Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:56 am

Oh my god! I was going to email a suggestion to the Lego company today to make a set like this! I love this! The reason being is I have a weak spot in me for scout troopers and speeder bikes Smile.
Aerial Trooper Nitro
Aerial Trooper Nitro
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabid Squirrel Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:05 am

Check my location ATP. Wink

Meh, it's okay. It could be better. There's not much to improve on so much as redesign or drastically improve it.
Rabid Squirrel
Rabid Squirrel
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazard with a Glove Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:44 am

Eh. It really isn't doing it for me. The speeders look like TLC's, and the tree is nothign new. Although the set it self is difficult to design, because of it simpleness.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CloneCommandoBoom Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:54 am

I think it's pretty good, I like the Endor Luke.
CloneCommandoBoom
CloneCommandoBoom
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darman Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:03 am

It would be nice if you added more detail to the green plate but other then that it is fine.
Darman
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bossk Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:52 am

I love the speeders. If this set were for sale I would definitely buy it. You even took the time to make sure the time to make sure that you made an accurate version of a canon tree!
Bossk
Bossk
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devib Andfor Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:10 pm

Other than the fact that they are bulkier the speeders look like you use instructions.

Please don't post in topics older then 2 weeks. It bumps them up, it's much better and easier to have the newer MOCs at the top of the forum. -Tac
Devib Andfor
Devib Andfor
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down