Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Panther Tank Lego

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Panther Tank Lego

Post by LazerBlade on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:24 am

Here is my Lego version of the panther Tank. Not a finished MOC Waiting for some pieces.











Enjoy! C&C Welcome! Smile


Last edited by LazerBlade on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
LazerBlade
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : USA


http://www.flickr.com/photos/lazerblade/

Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by Justin Pyne on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:27 am

You're so humble. Razz

It's nice. I'm not a total WW2 fan, but all I can critique is the armor plating on the side, covering the treads. I think you should work on that. Otherwise, it's pretty good.
avatar
Justin Pyne
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : Hiding in your closet.


Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by LazerBlade on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:37 am

Justin Pyne wrote:You're so humble. Razz

It's nice. I'm not a total WW2 fan, but all I can critique is the armor plating on the side, covering the treads. I think you should work on that. Otherwise, it's pretty good.

I am humble. Razz Laughing LOL

I am not sure it needs to be fixed. I was looking at a picture when building this, and the side of the tank looked just like this. Wink
avatar
LazerBlade
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : USA


http://www.flickr.com/photos/lazerblade/

Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by Rijulskywalker on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:40 am

It looks pretty good, but there isn't any armor plating on the pictures I've seen that cover the treads. Also, the turret area is too high.
avatar
Rijulskywalker
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : In a galaxy far, far, away...


Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by copperbricks on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:37 am

The turret is too high, the suspension is wrong, and the track covers could be a stud shorter.
avatar
copperbricks
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member



Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by Troopa Daisy on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Yeah the turret is way too high and the cannon sticking out of the turret doesn't look right. Wink
avatar
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Age : 21
Location : Vancouver, BC Canada. GO CANUCKS GO!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by Jedi Joe on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Dang man, is there anything you can't do? Shocked All Hail!
avatar
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...


Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by Tac on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:05 pm

Jedi Joe wrote:Dang man, is there anything you can't do? Shocked All Hail!

Know how to be humble? Razz

avatar
Tac
Bley Junkie
Bley Junkie

Age : 20
Location : Telling my slaves to build faster.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/commandertac/

Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by Sergeant B on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:56 pm

Tac wrote:
Jedi Joe wrote:Dang man, is there anything you can't do? Shocked All Hail!

Know how to be humble? Razz


Ouch! That one's gonna hurt! Wow this thing looks

Anyways back on topic. Well done on the build Lazer but I think you could have lowered the turret a little and mad the cannon barrel a bit shorter and more stocky.
avatar
Sergeant B
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : Turn around...


Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by Flickr Customizer on Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:31 pm

Wow this is amazing and the details are great:D I need to post something soon...
avatar
Flickr Customizer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Somewhere in space><


Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by DarthPineapple on Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:51 pm

This would look great if it was made up, but it doesn't look like the real thing.

The overall tank (and especially) the turret is way too high.
The gun is too slim.
It has 8 road wheels on either side, not 4.
It's too short.
MG42 is way too big and doesn't look like an MG42.
Plus there are a lot of other inaccurate bits everywhere.

avatar
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 22
Location : The Netherlands


Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by Jedi Joe on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:55 pm

DarthPineapple wrote:This would look great if it was made up, but it doesn't look like the real thing.

The overall tank (and especially) the turret is way too high.
The gun is too slim.
It has 8 road wheels on either side, not 4.
It's too short.
MG42 is way too big and doesn't look like an MG42.
Plus there are a lot of other inaccurate bits everywhere.


Imagination > accuracy in every way.
avatar
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...


Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by LazerBlade on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:22 pm

Thanks ya'll for the great comments. I think some of you are looking at a different picture then I was looking at. Wink Everyone is right about the turret. I did not have right size brick wedge plates. So yeah. Doh!

But thanks for the comments guys. Wow this thing looks

P.S. Another awesome WWII MOC will be posted soon. Wink
avatar
LazerBlade
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : USA


http://www.flickr.com/photos/lazerblade/

Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by Jedi Joe on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:24 pm

I'm going to advise you, Lazer, to please stop tooting your own horn. While your MOCs are great, being a self-proclaimed "best evar bilder" doesn't look good on your record...
avatar
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...


Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by Justin Pyne on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:27 pm

Jedi Joe wrote:I'm going to advise you, Lazer, to please stop tooting your own horn. While your MOCs are great, being a self-proclaimed "best evar bilder" doesn't look good on your record...

Neither does tattle-tailing on other users for insulting you...

I'm quoting a past signature, just an FYI. Lazer, you know what I'm talking about. Roll Eyes
avatar
Justin Pyne
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : Hiding in your closet.


Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by Gerrard on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:33 pm

I have to agree with JJ, don't be too self-centered, that can cost you a spot on the council which I know you would like so badly. Wink

Anyways, this is great for one of your first WW2 MOC's! Though the turret is a bit high like everyone else said, this isn't bad at all. Wink
avatar
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Somewhere to the left of the Death Star


http://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by LazerBlade on Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:59 pm

You all are right. I think I will spend some time away from CABG. I continue to say thing I should not say and getting a bad impression on myself.
avatar
LazerBlade
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : USA


http://www.flickr.com/photos/lazerblade/

Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by DarthPineapple on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:10 pm

LazerBlade wrote:Thanks ya'll for the great comments. I think some of you are looking at a different picture then I was looking at. Wink Everyone is right about the turret. I did not have right size brick wedge plates. So yeah. Doh!

But thanks for the comments guys. Wow this thing looks

P.S. Another awesome WWII MOC will be posted soon. Wink

I compared it to a plastic model I have, plus I saw a real one a month ago.
avatar
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 22
Location : The Netherlands


Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by LazerBlade on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:54 pm

What do those chinese know about tanks. When I get a order in, I will fix it up a bit. Wink

Thanks for the comments. Smile
avatar
LazerBlade
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : USA


http://www.flickr.com/photos/lazerblade/

Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by Hazard with a Glove on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:20 pm

I agree with DP completely.

Overall, pretty meh. And the figs, those aren't even Modern, let alone WW2...
avatar
Hazard with a Glove
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : Once upon a time, in a magical forrest....


Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by LazerBlade on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:33 pm

I thought the panther tank was from WWII. :scratch: Now I am confused. Doh!

avatar
LazerBlade
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : USA


http://www.flickr.com/photos/lazerblade/

Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by Hazard with a Glove on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:38 pm

LazerBlade wrote:I thought the panther tank was from WWII. :scratch: Now I am confused. Doh!

It is.

I said the the minifigs don't even look like they could be used for Modern War themes.
avatar
Hazard with a Glove
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : Once upon a time, in a magical forrest....


Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by LazerBlade on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:02 pm

Hazard with a Glove wrote:
LazerBlade wrote:I thought the panther tank was from WWII. :scratch: Now I am confused. Doh!

It is.

I said the the minifigs don't even look like they could be used for Modern War themes.

You confused me more. What are and where you talking about? :scratch:
avatar
LazerBlade
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : USA


http://www.flickr.com/photos/lazerblade/

Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by Denal on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:09 pm

LazerBlade wrote:
Hazard with a Glove wrote:
LazerBlade wrote:I thought the panther tank was from WWII. :scratch: Now I am confused. Doh!

It is.

I said the the minifigs don't even look like they could be used for Modern War themes.

You confused me more. What are and where you talking about? :scratch:

Oh my gosh... The Minifigures don't even look like they're from WWII. They don't even look modern. That's what Hazard's trying to say.
avatar
Denal
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : Oklahoma


Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by PhiMa on Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Gotta fix that barrel, lower the turret, have the overlapping road wheels on each side, and that should be a start on it for now...

@JJ: Yes, Imagination > Accuracy may be the right way to go,

BUT THEN DON'T BUILD WORLD WAR TWO MOCS.

There it's Accuracy > Imagination, all the way.

avatar
PhiMa
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23
Location : A little east of boring and north of lame.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/phima/

Back to top Go down

Re: Panther Tank Lego

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum