Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:16 pm

Okay, so here is my first creation to be entered on here!
The invasion of the Mining Planet Polis Massa.

The overall view.

The inside of the building.

The scared and hiding miner.

The whole MOC without minifigures.

A close-up of the Door.


C&C welcome!
Oh, and enjoy!
And when I get a chance, I will upload these to my Flickr page!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

Post by DarthPineapple on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:08 pm

I like the idea of the MOC, it has a really good Polis Massa feel to it, and I like the use of SPIII figs as miners. However I don't like the force field, it's too open. Maybe try using bricks?
avatar
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 22
Location : The Netherlands


Back to top Go down

Re: The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:29 pm

DarthPineapple wrote:I like the idea of the MOC, it has a really good Polis Massa feel to it, and I like the use of SPIII figs as miners. However I don't like the force field, it's too open. Maybe try using bricks?

Well, I wanted to give that lined short of feel, plus, with bricks, it would be difficult to have a battle droid walking out.
But thanks for the comments!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

Post by Rook on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:41 pm

The shot from inside looking out really sells this MOC for me. Often people will have loose bricks lying around and you can't tell if it was designed or if was just laziness, and not cleaning off the base plate from the table scraps (pieces not used in a MOC but that pushed to the side for better suited pieces). From the inside looking out, you can see the clean crisp details of the interior contrasting the rubble on the exterior. Win. Wink
avatar
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Location : Ontario


http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

Post by ^Ninja Trooper^ on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:46 pm

I like the inside, but the outside just looks meh. Maybe try using slopes to do your rock formations. Wink

P.S. Use a tripod and we might be see your MOCs a little better.
avatar
^Ninja Trooper^
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22


Back to top Go down

Re: The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

Post by Tac on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:51 pm

The only things I don't like are the door and outside. I'm going to echo DP and NT and suggest using bricks for the door and slopes for the rock.

Those are my only 2 nitpicks, other than that this is a pretty awesome MOC. Smile
avatar
Tac
Bley Junkie
Bley Junkie

Age : 20
Location : Telling my slaves to build faster.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/commandertac/

Back to top Go down

Re: The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:57 pm

Tac wrote:The only things I don't like are the door and outside. I'm going to echo DP and NT and suggest using bricks for the door and slopes for the rock.

Those are my only 2 nitpicks, other than that this is a pretty awesome MOC. Smile

Thanks! If I can find a whole bunch of Trans-Light Blue bricks, I might try the design!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

Post by Tac on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:58 pm

The_Custom_One wrote:
Tac wrote:The only things I don't like are the door and outside. I'm going to echo DP and NT and suggest using bricks for the door and slopes for the rock.

Those are my only 2 nitpicks, other than that this is a pretty awesome MOC. Smile

Thanks! If I can find a whole bunch of Trans-Light Blue bricks, I might try the design!

Yeah, it might be hard, I don't even have one! Razz
avatar
Tac
Bley Junkie
Bley Junkie

Age : 20
Location : Telling my slaves to build faster.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/commandertac/

Back to top Go down

Re: The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:01 pm

Tac wrote:
The_Custom_One wrote:
Tac wrote:The only things I don't like are the door and outside. I'm going to echo DP and NT and suggest using bricks for the door and slopes for the rock.

Those are my only 2 nitpicks, other than that this is a pretty awesome MOC. Smile

Thanks! If I can find a whole bunch of Trans-Light Blue bricks, I might try the design!

Yeah, it might be hard, I don't even have one! Razz

/Goes and checks BL......


Okay, I found something that might work!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

Post by Seven* on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:06 pm

Awesome, I like the idea for the shield. Smile
avatar
Seven*
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : Far far away!

Back to top Go down

Re: The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:07 pm

Seven* wrote:Awesome, I like the idea for the shield. Smile

Thanks! As I said earlier(^^) I might change it soon.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

Post by train 01 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:34 am

Great job. Thumbs up Love the guy balled up in the corner.
avatar
train 01
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 19
Location : Maryland


Back to top Go down

Re: The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

Post by Cobra on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:54 pm

The interior looks good but I'm not really feeling the outside. Maby you could change that black rock to gray. And I think the force field looks good as is, but might look better when you try it with bricks. Smile Overall better than decent. Wow this thing looks And also Polis Massa is an asteroid, not a planet. Wink
avatar
Cobra
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 19


Back to top Go down

Re: The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

Post by Custom 333 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:07 pm

The outside looks MOCpages.

The inside looks Portal.
avatar
Custom 333
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 21
Location : In front of a computer.


Back to top Go down

Re: The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:23 pm

Custom 333 wrote:The outside looks MOCpages.

The inside looks Portal.

:scratch: Umm, what do you mean?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

Post by Custom 333 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:17 pm

The inside looks like something I'd see on the portal, (good) while the outside looks like something from MOCpages. (not good)
avatar
Custom 333
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 21
Location : In front of a computer.


Back to top Go down

Re: The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

Post by Troopa Daisy on Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:57 am

The outside could be better IMO. Try using some 1 x 2 dark bley slopes I find those very useful pieces for making rocks and stuff. Smile
avatar
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Age : 21
Location : Vancouver, BC Canada. GO CANUCKS GO!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Re: The CIS invansion of Polis Massa.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum