Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 3rd 1944: Soviet-Polish Border

+5
why
Troopa Daisy
train 01
DarthPineapple
PhiMa
9 posters

Go down

January 3rd 1944: Soviet-Polish Border Empty January 3rd 1944: Soviet-Polish Border

Post by PhiMa Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:24 am

In the Early morning of January the 3rd, a Tiger of the Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland crosses the snowy border into the Soviet Union, to help aid the pointless defense by other german units. A waiting Wehrmacht guard warns the tank driver of tank traps set up in the street by the red army, putting the Tiger to a full stop. Whilst a second soldier travelling with the Tiger walks up to the soldier to see what the hold up is, a member of the Red Army pulls out a stolen Panzerfaust in the building next to the Tiger and prepares to fire, whilst his comrade climbs out the wreckage below with his trusted hound.

So yeahhh, made for the Eastern Front Contest at the Lego Contest Network and the Snow Challenge on the BAF. It's definitely not my best work, but not my worst either. Plus, I just HAD to make a vignette that includes my tiger Smile The 'wire' on the telephone poles is simply one long thread. Decals on the german figures by Milan and weapons by brickarms. Other vendors are MMCB and Brickforge. I think I achieved the 'Winter Wonderland' rather well Razz I obviously picked the Eastern Front of WWII for this vignette, seeing as they had alot of snow, and I'm a huge fanatic of WWII builds. Yet, I haven't built many Eastern Front MOCs, just Battle of the Buldge really. I decided it was time for a change and built an eastern front vignette including my newest Soviet figure and Tiger tank Smile

3/4th shot of the vignette:
January 3rd 1944: Soviet-Polish Border 5285728089_6d54742b37

Close-up of the Soviet in the building with the Stolen panzerfaust, and the halted Tiger behind tank traps.
January 3rd 1944: Soviet-Polish Border 5286033669_a99bff65cc

Interior of the building. Spare MP40 and sawn-off, as well as much needed medical 'supplies' Razz :
January 3rd 1944: Soviet-Polish Border 5286033861_ec24417961

Bird's eye view:
January 3rd 1944: Soviet-Polish Border 5286034411_944173820a

All the figures:
January 3rd 1944: Soviet-Polish Border 5286633848_5aa48b01aa

Enjoy Smile

PhiMa
PhiMa
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

January 3rd 1944: Soviet-Polish Border Flag_g10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phima/

Back to top Go down

January 3rd 1944: Soviet-Polish Border Empty Re: January 3rd 1944: Soviet-Polish Border

Post by DarthPineapple Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:04 am

Not a big fan of the roof, but other than that, I love it! Smile
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

January 3rd 1944: Soviet-Polish Border Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

January 3rd 1944: Soviet-Polish Border Empty Re: January 3rd 1944: Soviet-Polish Border

Post by train 01 Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:35 pm

This is pretty cool. I love the tank. But, I don't like the snow on the roof. You could maybe use those minifig stand from the Toy Story army Jeep but painted white or something like that.
train 01
train 01
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

January 3rd 1944: Soviet-Polish Border Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:24 pm

I think you could have done better on the roof and the inside of the building. Wink
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

January 3rd 1944: Soviet-Polish Border Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by why Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:35 pm

If you havent posted it yet to the BAF, then you should make a few changes;

1. The roof's snow is not very random. Add more, but in random blotches.
2. The building floors are not tall enough. As you can see, a person can just barely not touch the ceiling. You should definitely make it at least one brick taller.
3. Detail in the building. On the bottom floor, there are chairs, yes. But is there anything else? You could add a table, and maybe a cabinet (Since this is a civilian house that the red army just took, after all). Then, on the upper floor, have some debris on the floor (From the hole in the wall). Then just add small detail around the medical station thing.
4. Telephone poles= wood. Grey=metal. Brown= wood.

But nonetheless, I absolutely love this MOC. The fence is really cool, and the tiger is just a beauty! The there's the telephone poles that are there, and it's a good design.

With a few touch-ups, I'm sure this will win the contest! Wink
why
why
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wickedskillz Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:02 am

The roof needs work, and so does the interior of the building. I am liking the power lines overhead and the smoke coming out of the exhaust on the tank.
Wickedskillz
Wickedskillz
Guild Member
Guild Member

January 3rd 1944: Soviet-Polish Border Flag_a10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/epiclego

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonblixt Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:46 pm

Nice! The tracks in the snow is the icing on the cake.
Gordonblixt
Gordonblixt
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LOST Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Are the power lines bricks or GIMP?
LOST
LOST
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr/photos/egtuf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:37 pm

Try to not bump old topics unless you really have something new to add. And that just looks like string to me.

It's not even a week old?
~DP
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down