Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Heart sculpture

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heart sculpture

Post by Knight on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:33 pm

For my first sculpture, I though I'd go for something simple, a heart. I had good time building this, it was a nice break from SW dio's. The build time was about 45 minutes, and completely free style.





avatar
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Anywhere with lego.


Back to top Go down

Re: Heart sculpture

Post by LazerBlade on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Happy Valentines to you too! Love This is really nice. For some reason, it seams to go along with today. Not sure why... Thumbs up

A toast!
avatar
LazerBlade
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : USA


http://www.flickr.com/photos/lazerblade/

Back to top Go down

Re: Heart sculpture

Post by DarthDane on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:44 pm

I'm gonna build one of these, and give it to my girlfriend. Razz Razz
avatar
DarthDane
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : Vancouver


Back to top Go down

Re: Heart sculpture

Post by Troopa Daisy on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:15 am

Simple, but it's still nice as it maintains it's overall shape. Thumbs up Happy Valentine's Day! Smile
avatar
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Age : 21
Location : Vancouver, BC Canada. GO CANUCKS GO!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Re: Heart sculpture

Post by Wickedskillz on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:32 am

Happy late Valentines day! Love Looks like this was a thoughtful build... Razz
avatar
Wickedskillz
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Kamino (Obviously)


http://www.flickr.com/photos/epiclego

Back to top Go down

Re: Heart sculpture

Post by Knight on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:30 pm

Thanks for the great comments guys! Smile
avatar
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Anywhere with lego.


Back to top Go down

Re: Heart sculpture

Post by Bizzle on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:50 pm

This reminds me alot of the heart sculpture Revo gave his GF when he went off to college. I like it. One thing I have to say though, I personally think it would be better if you did it with plates...

Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : here..I think...


Back to top Go down

Re: Heart sculpture

Post by Knight on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Bizzle wrote:This reminds me alot of the heart sculpture Revo gave his GF when he went off to college. I like it. One thing I have to say though, I personally think it would be better if you did it with plates...

Thanks, Bizzle. Smile I didn't use plates (except in a few spots) for two reasons, the first being I didn't want it to look like Revo's sculpture (which is great). The second is, it was heavily inspired by Nathan Sawaya's work. He uses mostly just basic bricks to create shapes, and that's what I wanted to achieve with this sculpture.
avatar
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Anywhere with lego.


Back to top Go down

Re: Heart sculpture

Post by Bizzle on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Knight wrote:
Bizzle wrote:This reminds me alot of the heart sculpture Revo gave his GF when he went off to college. I like it. One thing I have to say though, I personally think it would be better if you did it with plates...

Thanks, Bizzle. Smile I didn't use plates (except in a few spots) for two reasons, the first being I didn't want it to look like Revo's sculpture (which is great). The second is, it was heavily inspired by Nathan Sawaya's work. He uses mostly just basic bricks to create shapes, and that's what I wanted to achieve with this sculpture.

You're welcome! Ahh, that makes sense, I understand why it is in bricks now. Who is Nathan Sawaya? I've never heard of him...

Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : here..I think...


Back to top Go down

Re: Heart sculpture

Post by Knight on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Bizzle wrote:
Knight wrote:
Bizzle wrote:This reminds me alot of the heart sculpture Revo gave his GF when he went off to college. I like it. One thing I have to say though, I personally think it would be better if you did it with plates...

Thanks, Bizzle. Smile I didn't use plates (except in a few spots) for two reasons, the first being I didn't want it to look like Revo's sculpture (which is great). The second is, it was heavily inspired by Nathan Sawaya's work. He uses mostly just basic bricks to create shapes, and that's what I wanted to achieve with this sculpture.

You're welcome! Ahh, that makes sense, I understand why it is in bricks now. Who is Nathan Sawaya? I've never heard of him...

His sculptures are amazing, I recently purchased his book, "The Art of the Brick", and it's really inspiring. You can check out his works here. Smile
avatar
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : Anywhere with lego.


Back to top Go down

Re: Heart sculpture

Post by Aerial Trooper Nitro on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:47 pm

Wow, nice heart, it looks really nice. Sadly, on Valentines Day, I didn't get to spend it with the one I love Sad.
avatar
Aerial Trooper Nitro
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : In DP's lampshade spying on him.


Back to top Go down

Re: Heart sculpture

Post by CC Stark on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:22 am

[quoting Knight]Thanks, Bizzle. I didn't use plates (except in a few spots) for two reasons, the first being I didn't want it to look like Revo's sculpture (which is great). The second is, it was heavily inspired by Nathan Sawaya's work. He uses mostly just basic bricks to create shapes, and that's what I wanted to achieve with this sculpture. qoute


Nice build, but I can't help but saying this: Nathan Sawaya Strikes Again!!!
avatar
CC Stark
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 21
Location : where Justin Beiber isn't


http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/67421

Back to top Go down

Re: Heart sculpture

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum