Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revised Commander Thia (added views in latest posts!)

+3
Troopa Daisy
Legion Dude
CloneCommandoXion
7 posters

Go down

Revised Commander Thia (added views in latest posts!) Empty Revised Commander Thia (added views in latest posts!)

Post by CloneCommandoXion Wed May 18, 2011 5:48 am

Well, I re-made em. I mixed and matched a few templates together so it isn't really a base template. Anyways the decals and the fig are new and I love it. I honestly think this looks like it could be CAC, I compared it with my CAC and I actually like this better. Razz Probably cause it's mine but anyways here it is!

Revised Commander Thia (added views in latest posts!) Random10
Thia wasn't originally intended to be the 602nd commander. In the battle of Geonosis, the 602nd was deployed near the end as a security force to get clones off of the world safely. Thia was Commander Slate's right hand man, he was first lieutenant of the 602nd, and his specialty was long range support fire. Due to heavy fire from a hailfire droid, commander Slate was left badly injured after throwing himself in front of Thia when the explosives blew up. In his last breathes before he lost too much blood he told Thia to do the best he could to lead the 602nd legion, and so he did.

Other views aren't working right now so hopefully I can fix it another time.

Embarassed

Last edited by CloneCommandoXion on Mon May 23, 2011 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
CloneCommandoXion
CloneCommandoXion
Guild Member
Guild Member

Revised Commander Thia (added views in latest posts!) Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54544991@N06/

Back to top Go down

Revised Commander Thia (added views in latest posts!) Empty Re: Revised Commander Thia (added views in latest posts!)

Post by Legion Dude Wed May 18, 2011 11:35 am

Yup, definitely the fig of the month. He's a real Yellow
Legion Dude
Legion Dude
Guild Member
Guild Member

Revised Commander Thia (added views in latest posts!) Flag_n13

http://www.flickr.com/photos/253dlegionguy

Back to top Go down

Revised Commander Thia (added views in latest posts!) Empty Re: Revised Commander Thia (added views in latest posts!)

Post by Troopa Daisy Wed May 18, 2011 4:31 pm

Looks pretty neat although I don't like the decalled waist belt because it stretches the torso decal but that's just my opinion. Wink I like the darker shade of yellow/orange though it looks better this way. Smile
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by CloneCommandoXion Thu May 19, 2011 12:56 am

Troopa Daisy wrote:Looks pretty neat although I don't like the decalled waist belt because it stretches the torso decal but that's just my opinion. Wink I like the darker shade of yellow/orange though it looks better this way. Smile

I didn't even stretch the decal. This is a different vectorized decal that CG let me use. I modded it though so it's not his same template anymore.
CloneCommandoXion
CloneCommandoXion
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Thu May 19, 2011 1:37 am

CloneCommandoXion wrote:
Troopa Daisy wrote:Looks pretty neat although I don't like the decalled waist belt because it stretches the torso decal but that's just my opinion. Wink I like the darker shade of yellow/orange though it looks better this way. Smile

I didn't even stretch the decal. This is a different vectorized decal that CG let me use. I modded it though so it's not his same template anymore.

No I don't mean you stretched the decal. I mean the torso is longer compared to regular TLC troopers torsos. Wink
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Back to top Go down

Post by CloneCommandoXion Thu May 19, 2011 2:05 am

I guess I understand what you mean, but I like belt designs and I didn't want it to look like TLC made it. Wink
CloneCommandoXion
CloneCommandoXion
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Thu May 19, 2011 2:14 am

CloneCommandoXion wrote:I guess I understand what you mean, but I like belt designs and I didn't want it to look like TLC made it. Wink

Ah okay then. That's just personal preference though anyways. Wink Smile
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Back to top Go down

Post by CloneCommandoXion Fri May 20, 2011 2:24 am

I'd love constructive feedback. Anyone? Smile Or any comments in general.
CloneCommandoXion
CloneCommandoXion
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Ninja Trooper^ Sun May 22, 2011 2:42 am

From my standpoint, I'll be honest, It looks pretty rough on the legs as well as the helmet and I can't really see the arms. Did you only redo the torso? Cause the torso seems to be the only thing that catches my eye.

Overall, I like the design, it just needs to be cleaned up a bit. Smile
^Ninja Trooper^
^Ninja Trooper^
Guild Member
Guild Member

Revised Commander Thia (added views in latest posts!) Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by CloneCommandoXion Sun May 22, 2011 2:49 am

Well, for the helmet I can't make an excuse for. The decal stuck to my fingers so I was going...aaahhhgg!, no!, get off! etc... Razz So it lost some of it's sticky-ness, and thats why it's wrinkled a tad. As for the legs and arms they look pretty good to me, I just haven't posted side pics of those. Wink

Also I re-made the whole thing, just look at the old one.
CloneCommandoXion
CloneCommandoXion
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Ninja Trooper^ Sun May 22, 2011 5:13 am

CloneCommandoXion wrote:Well, for the helmet I can't make an excuse for. The decal stuck to my fingers so I was going...aaahhhgg!, no!, get off! etc... Razz So it lost some of it's sticky-ness, and thats why it's wrinkled a tad. As for the legs and arms they look pretty good to me, I just haven't posted side pics of those. Wink

Also I re-made the whole thing, just look at the old one.

I hate it when that happens. Razz I'd like to see some side pics, better to see it from all the angles.
^Ninja Trooper^
^Ninja Trooper^
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2011 5:48 am

It looks nice! I only have a few comments.

1. It looks over-glossed (due to too much sealant applied) although this may just be the picture.
2. The legs look tilted to the side, and it seems like there is some "dirt" on the legs as well.
3. The front of the helmet looks nice (from what I can tell) but the top is a bit wrinkled. (I would recommend redoing it. Wink )
4. I don't know if this is just a design flaw or what, but on the side of the torso are gray lines, you should either take them out of the design, or just cut in a bit more. Wink
5. I assume the kama and pauldrons are from MMCB? If so, they match the color really nice!
6. Some of the color looks a bit odd (like the gray on the belt) almost like it got smeared, or something.
7. (And last) The yellow "stripes" on the chest look a bit odd, maybe have the thickness of the yellow be the same, rather then thinner/fatter/thinner, etc...

Overall, I like the fig, and it looks great! (Though there are some flaws, but of course, there are flaws with all customs. Wink )

And I just realised my post has 3 winking smilies..... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by CloneCommandoXion Sun May 22, 2011 10:07 pm

A couple of other views. Wink

Revised Commander Thia (added views in latest posts!) Random21

Revised Commander Thia (added views in latest posts!) Random22

Revised Commander Thia (added views in latest posts!) Random23

-As for the gloss, there are a few coats but the pic was taken near a window so there is a lot of reflected light.

-The helmet, yes I am well aware of the wrinkles but I'm gonna play it safe and not try to fix that.

-The legs being dirty I have no idea what you mean by that??? Let me know.
Wink
CloneCommandoXion
CloneCommandoXion
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by legoboy535 Sun May 22, 2011 10:38 pm

I believe when he said "dirty" he saw the crinkled decal on the upper left leg if you look a little closer. Staying on topic here this is a great fig because of the decals and the pure awesomeness. May I ask how long did it take you to make the fig?
legoboy535
legoboy535

Back to top Go down

Post by CloneCommandoXion Sun May 22, 2011 10:40 pm

legoboy535 wrote:I believe when he said "dirty" he saw the crinkled decal on the upper left leg if you look a little closer. Staying on topic here this is a great fig because of the decals and the pure awesomeness. May I ask how long did it take you to make the fig?

Including making the decals or just the fig?
CloneCommandoXion
CloneCommandoXion
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by legoboy535 Sun May 22, 2011 10:45 pm

CloneCommandoXion wrote:

Including making the decals or just the fig?

Including the making the decals and slapping them on the fig.
legoboy535
legoboy535

Back to top Go down

Post by CloneCommandoXion Sun May 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Perhaps ten hours. It didn't take all that long to make it.
CloneCommandoXion
CloneCommandoXion
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Pyne Mon May 23, 2011 6:32 am

Well there goes my MOTM vote. Thumbs up
Justin Pyne
Justin Pyne
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Ninja Trooper^ Tue May 24, 2011 3:54 am

Justin Pyne wrote:Well there goes my MOTM vote. Thumbs up

We do have some great minifigs this month, including this one. Tis going to be a lovely battle. Razz
^Ninja Trooper^
^Ninja Trooper^
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabarrus Tue May 24, 2011 8:08 pm

Wonderful decal work! What is that red bit on his legs, It's a nice detail?
Sabarrus
Sabarrus
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51474817@N04/

Back to top Go down

Post by CloneCommandoXion Wed May 25, 2011 3:54 am

Sabarrus wrote:Wonderful decal work! What is that red bit on his legs, It's a nice detail?

I thought the red would work as a neat little highlight. It's supposed to be like a grenade strapped to his leg. Kinda like the same concept of a semtex.
CloneCommandoXion
CloneCommandoXion
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down