Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8.1 Endowment upon Manaan [LD]

4 posters

Go down

8.1 Endowment upon Manaan [LD]  Empty 8.1 Endowment upon Manaan [LD]

Post by Legion Dude Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:00 pm

8.1 Endowment upon Manaan [LD]  Dsc04810

We got thrown out of the gunships as if we were bags of waste. 'Get in the water and do stuff!' That was the message. My men had been equipped with depth suits, making them able to be under water for much longer and resist much more pressure. Man, we needed it.

As we descended down the caverns, more and more creatures passed by. Most of them were -luckily- harmless. Though we had all been at the detailed briefing, we had no idea what we were walking -swimming- into. As it turned out: a nesting place for Colo claw fish. Darned!

The squad had already split up, to cover a larger area and rescue as much of the cable crew as we can. Hell of a bad move that turned out to be. The adult Colo's kept their distance, we were simply too close to the bottom of the cavern, and too small for the effort of chasing. But for the younger ones, we are dinner. As we continued to search for troopers in the dark depths of the cavern, we stumbled across some bodies. After a while, Voche said we should inspect one, and try to determine the cause of death. Kane, apparently, had done that before, because he quickly told me:
"This clone probably died of suffocation, because, as you may have noticed, Sir, one of his air tanks is detached, and his entire scuba gear isn't attached either. Something must have ripped one air tank open, and in a final attempt to repair his equipment, he took off his backpack and tried to seal the hole. He failed....."

Suddenly, we heard a roar, and something appeared from the shadows. I used my light, which I had attached to my rifle. The young Colo swam directly for Kane, who, rather clumsy, tried to make his escape. But I evaded the rampaging creature and took a shot. Right in his fishy brains.

In the end, my squad was able to rescue five members of the cable crew, though not their officer, who had been killed by an infant Colo.....

My first mission for the 457th!
C&C are greatly appreciated!
Legion Dude
Legion Dude
Guild Member
Guild Member

8.1 Endowment upon Manaan [LD]  Flag_n13

http://www.flickr.com/photos/253dlegionguy

Back to top Go down

8.1 Endowment upon Manaan [LD]  Empty Re: 8.1 Endowment upon Manaan [LD]

Post by Captain Flak Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Wow, that is awesome! The moc itself has shows exactly what is going on and you could tell what they are doing even without the backstory. Now the backstory is really good, it leaves you craving for the next one. That fish is really cool as well. I think I saw it on Flickr.
Captain Flak
Captain Flak
Guild Member
Guild Member

8.1 Endowment upon Manaan [LD]  Flag_u12

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64445592@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion Dude Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:41 pm

Thanks, you can watch the other photos there and comment on them too if you want.
Legion Dude
Legion Dude
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapstick Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:14 pm

Nice MOC, love the use of the droid body as a oxygen tank. Haven't seen your name before, did you recently register? If so, welcome! Back to the MOC, I really like the use of the vines and the fish has a nice natural feel to your MOC. Love your background story too!

Last edited by Chapstick on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SPELLING!)
Chapstick
Chapstick
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

8.1 Endowment upon Manaan [LD]  Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion Dude Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:57 pm

Chapstick wrote:Nice MOC, love the use of the droid body as a oxygen tank. Haven't seen your name before, did you rescently register? If so, welcome! Back to the MOC, I really like the use of the vines and the fish has a nice natural feel to your MOC. Love your background story too!

I have been a (guild)member of the CABG for some time now, and I changed my name RECENTLY from 253d legion guy to legion dude. I first did my own missions for my own faction, the 253d, but now that I have joined the 457th, that is no longer suitable for me. So I asked Rook to change it.
Legion Dude
Legion Dude
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brickcentral Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Oh hey, Legion Dude! The front and back sections of the Colo Claw fish are excellent, I just think the middle portion could use a bit more detail. Also, the rocks look great.
Brickcentral
Brickcentral
Guild Member
Guild Member

8.1 Endowment upon Manaan [LD]  Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arctrooper55/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: