Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Clone Commander Keller - NO DECALS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clone Commander Keller - NO DECALS

Post by eclipsegrafx on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:13 pm



Special thanks to Mark (MMCB) for his stellar service and awesome products.

I like how he came out. But its up to YOU to judge. Laughing

He will be one of the figures I am selling at brickfete. I only have enough to make 4 at the moment but if you would like your own you can PM me for a preorder.

I am also planning to do faie in the same style. Smile

C&C.
avatar
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : internet


http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsegrafx/

Back to top Go down

Re: Clone Commander Keller - NO DECALS

Post by flipnaz17 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Very nice. I think the MMCB was perfect for the body, but the hood is too big. There really shouldn't be that much air between the helmet and hood. I prefer an approach more like this. Maybe a cross between that helmet and this body Smile ?
avatar
flipnaz17
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : California


http://www.flickr.com/photos/56238760@N04/

Back to top Go down

Re: Clone Commander Keller - NO DECALS

Post by eclipsegrafx on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:30 pm

flipnaz17 wrote:Very nice. I think the MMCB was perfect for the body, but the hood is too big. There really shouldn't be that much air between the helmet and hood. I prefer an approach more like this. Maybe a cross between that helmet and this body Smile ?

Its a cloth hood so you can take it off and on. This is actually a small hood and any smaller and the helmet may not even fit in there.
If you look at the sides you will see that the helmet is touching the back of the helmet. I guess the hood could be smaller but then you would have to make one for each specific helmet you use.
avatar
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : internet


http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsegrafx/

Back to top Go down

Re: Clone Commander Keller - NO DECALS

Post by flipnaz17 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:56 pm

eclipsegrafx wrote:
flipnaz17 wrote:Very nice. I think the MMCB was perfect for the body, but the hood is too big. There really shouldn't be that much air between the helmet and hood. I prefer an approach more like this. Maybe a cross between that helmet and this body Smile ?

Its a cloth hood so you can take it off and on. This is actually a small hood and any smaller and the helmet may not even fit in there.
If you look at the sides you will see that the helmet is touching the back of the helmet. I guess the hood could be smaller but then you would have to make one for each specific helmet you use.

I see what you're saying, but really where it looks too big is above the helmet.
avatar
flipnaz17
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : California


http://www.flickr.com/photos/56238760@N04/

Back to top Go down

Re: Clone Commander Keller - NO DECALS

Post by eclipsegrafx on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:57 pm

flipnaz17 wrote:

I see what you're saying, but really where it looks too big is above the helmet.

Would require a new hood but its doable in later versions. Depends on how this goes.
avatar
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : internet


http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsegrafx/

Back to top Go down

Re: Clone Commander Keller - NO DECALS

Post by Wickedskillz on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:20 am

I agree with Flipnaz. The hood is just too open, and it doesn't look right. Maybe you could attach the hood to the helmet in some way? The hood would look better if it was covering some of the helmet. But the torso and the rest is great.
avatar
Wickedskillz
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Kamino (Obviously)


http://www.flickr.com/photos/epiclego

Back to top Go down

Re: Clone Commander Keller - NO DECALS

Post by pyro of the 19th on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:29 am

No decals!?! Hola Wow!
Anyway good fig but as others have said the hood doesn't work unfortunatley. Sad
avatar
pyro of the 19th
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 21
Location : An inner rim planet called Earth...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52972569@N05/

Back to top Go down

Re: Clone Commander Keller - NO DECALS

Post by Captain Flak on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:14 pm

Great fig! The hood is to big, but that can be fixed. The side angle looks really good. Also, is that sharpie on the waist I see?
avatar
Captain Flak
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 18
Location : Wisconsin


http://www.flickr.com/photos/64445592@N08/

Back to top Go down

Re: Clone Commander Keller - NO DECALS

Post by eclipsegrafx on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Captain Flak wrote:Great fig! The hood is to big, but that can be fixed. The side angle looks really good. Also, is that sharpie on the waist I see?

Nope, no sharpie or decals, all printed. There is nothing to be done for the hood at this moment. The hood was created to fit all helmets not just this one.
avatar
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Location : internet


http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsegrafx/

Back to top Go down

Re: Clone Commander Keller - NO DECALS

Post by mmcb on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:12 pm

Just wanted to chime in here and say that I appreciate all the comments and am taking them on board. I will see what I can do about the hood but, as eclipseGRAFX pointed out, the hood is meant to be generic enough to fit various helmets, not just this one. Making accessories to complement specific items is in many ways counter-productive for me.

MMCB
avatar
mmcb
K.A.M Rep.
K.A.M Rep.


Back to top Go down

Re: Clone Commander Keller - NO DECALS

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum