Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Your Daily Dose of Castle- Ye Olde Self-Defense

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your Daily Dose of Castle- Ye Olde Self-Defense

Post by Sabarrus on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:27 pm

This is the second in my latest castle creations is a more "Classic-Castle" build involving a old barn and some clumsy villagers.

Ye Olde Self-Defense

A Castle Creation

"The poor rural village of Esbus suffers much from outside thieves and rogues. The village's starving people and low state of mind are helpless against this tyranny. But when three travelers claim they can teach these villagers to defend themselves; Things get hopeful....and a bit hectic!"


Ye Olde Self-Defense by Sabarrus, on Flickr

Comments are greatly appreciated. Check out My Flickr Photostream for more builds!


Thanks for having a look! Smile


Last edited by Sabarrus on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Sabarrus
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : New England


http://www.flickr.com/photos/51474817@N04/

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Daily Dose of Castle- Ye Olde Self-Defense

Post by Halen on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:17 am

Roof is awesome! As is using boxes as the corner of the building to create some nice texture.
avatar
Halen
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 32
Location : Copley, Ohio


Back to top Go down

Re: Your Daily Dose of Castle- Ye Olde Self-Defense

Post by Bizzle on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:06 am

Wow. I love the little things in this MOC. IE the sacks ect hanging on the bushs and tree. The roof is very nicely done. However I would have added a little more brown to the roof to give it just a little more detail. Over all fantastic MOC.

Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : here..I think...


Back to top Go down

Re: Your Daily Dose of Castle- Ye Olde Self-Defense

Post by Captain Flak on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:52 pm

That is awesome! This is amazing, the texture on the roof of the barn is really great. This was said before, but all of the small are really good as well. This is amazing, great job! Hola Wow!
avatar
Captain Flak
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 18
Location : Wisconsin


http://www.flickr.com/photos/64445592@N08/

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Daily Dose of Castle- Ye Olde Self-Defense

Post by C.J.Cutrone9 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:00 pm



Bizzle wrote:Wow. I love the little things in this MOC. IE the sacks ect hanging on the bushs and tree. The roof is very nicely done. However I would have added a little more brown to the roof to give it just a little more detail. Over all fantastic MOC.
I agree with Bizzle about adding some brown to the roof.
avatar
C.J.Cutrone9
Council Member
Council Member

Age : 19
Location : Lousiana


http://www.flickr.com/photos/79775094@N07/

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Daily Dose of Castle- Ye Olde Self-Defense

Post by Sabarrus on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:32 am

Thanks for the feedback guys! A toast!


C.J.Cutrone9 wrote:

Bizzle wrote:Wow. I love the little things in this MOC. IE the sacks ect hanging on the bushs and tree. The roof is very nicely done. However I would have added a little more brown to the roof to give it just a little more detail. Over all fantastic MOC.
I agree with Bizzle about adding some brown to the roof.

Yeah, I see what your saying. I'll keep that in mind next build. Smile

Though instead of adding more brown, the use of dark tan highlights could give a better, distinguished look for hay. Plus, brown is used primarily for the wood and dirt in this one.
avatar
Sabarrus
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : New England


http://www.flickr.com/photos/51474817@N04/

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Daily Dose of Castle- Ye Olde Self-Defense

Post by Zepher on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:08 am

As others said, the roof sells this MOC. I love the stable and the tree. The terrain is rather flat, and the color changes in the dirt aren't very sensible to me. I'd advised less rapid changes in color and a little more change of elevation, nothing is ever as flat, naturally, as you have it in this MOC. Everything thing else is perfect!
avatar
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23


http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Daily Dose of Castle- Ye Olde Self-Defense

Post by Sabarrus on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Zepher wrote:As others said, the roof sells this MOC. I love the stable and the tree. The terrain is rather flat, and the color changes in the dirt aren't very sensible to me. I'd advised less rapid changes in color and a little more change of elevation, nothing is ever as flat, naturally, as you have it in this MOC. Everything thing else is perfect!

Thanks Zeph. I always remember the good points you've been suggesting in my recent builds. A toast!
avatar
Sabarrus
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : New England


http://www.flickr.com/photos/51474817@N04/

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Daily Dose of Castle- Ye Olde Self-Defense

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum