Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey, guys!

4 posters

Go down

Hey, guys! Empty Hey, guys!

Post by Rudolpho Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:24 am

I just wanted to say, this forum was a big part of my youth (not that I'm not still young), and I really, really enjoyed just about everything that happened here. Even though some of the time I didn't understand why I enjoyed it, I still enjoyed it. Now I am at a point where I can honestly understand why it was so much fun.

What I want to know is, how is everyone doing? How many of my old friends are still here? Do any of you remember me? Would any of you remember me if I gave you a hint? Are you guys well?

I can see from the new member's forum that things slowed down. I understand, things go up and down for forums. It makes me sad when I view the retrospective perspective of what once was and compare it with the way things are at the moment.

I really did love this forum, and I loved everyone on here, even if I thought I didn't. I loved that there was such a thing as a forum dedicated to building a clone army in Lego form. I loved that it was called a guild. I loved that so many brilliant minds burgeoning with creativity and beautiful new ideas came to this special, special place to make those ideas a reality, and to collectively enjoy them. I loved the silly games we would play (even though I took them seriously), the silly arguments we would have (even though I took them far too seriously), and the general atmosphere of silliness that we were capable of maintaining despite the overall seriousness with which we approached our common craft of MOC'ing. (hahaha that's not a verb...)

With its foundations in the Clone Commando Pod, a forum dedicated to the video game Republic Commando, the Clone Army Builders Guild was always an exciting and eventful place on a daily basis. Day after day, new exciting things were happening. I was able, thanks to the generosity of my fellow members, to enjoy it on a daily basis, and I will be forever grateful for that experience. I know it's not the same as it was, but I just wanted everyone to know that I will always remember you guys, and will always relish the good times I had here.

If anyone wants to know who I am shoot me a message. If anyone is still here from the old days, or knows where the oldies are at, please shoot me a message! I'd love to catch up with everyone.
Rudolpho
Rudolpho

Hey, guys! Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Hey, guys! Empty Re: Hey, guys!

Post by TheMissingPiece Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:51 am

Oh my...

Yeah, the forum's basically slowed to a stop. I don't know if it's either with the growing age of the initial users or the inefficiency of internet forums in a smaller population. Anyways, this place still holds a special place on my bookmarks bar, and I still pop around from time to time, just for old time's sake. No more building for me, sadly. My interest in LEGO in general has faded away. Sad Maybe sometime in the future, when I have enough time (and expendable income) to invest in building again.

Still, I will probably pop around about once a month, so if somebody does post here, I'll be here to respond most likely.

PM me though, I have probably forgotten who you were (if not missed you entirely).
TheMissingPiece
TheMissingPiece
Council Member
Council Member

Hey, guys! Flag_u12

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_other_missing_piece/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudolpho Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:36 pm

So are you the only one left? Surprised
Rudolpho
Rudolpho

Hey, guys! Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:55 am

Nope! Like TMP I still pop in pretty often. Can't say I recognise you, but hi anyways.
Fithboy
Fithboy
John Denno
John Denno

Location : Liverpool. I swear there is more rain here than in the Amazon Rainforest.
Hey, guys! Flag_u10

https://www.youtube.com/xxXDennoXxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:21 pm

Smoke bomb! Rook steps into the room. XD
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Hey, guys! Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/