Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAP-36 Vaporizer

2 posters

Go down

VAP-36 Vaporizer Empty VAP-36 Vaporizer

Post by Clonecommando007 Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:44 pm

The VAP-36 Vaporizer (Vertical take off Attack Platform) fills the Close Air Support role better than traditional helicopters by doubling the range, payload, and speed of its counterparts.  There are sixteen hardpoints under the fuselage, with a minigun turret linked to the pilot's helmet. The Tiltrotor is also equipped with a troop bay with a capacity for six soldiers, and a cargo winch, and thus can act as a troop transport and in the aeromedical evacuation capacity as a secondary role.  It's a one-stop-shop airframe for all of your battlefield air support needs!

I've had this with me at school since I finished the second iteration over Christmas break, so I decided to throw it on a sheet and get some photos to share.  Photographing my models is not my strong suite and is what keeps me from sharing alot of my recent builds...

Note the sliding door on the troop bay.
VAP-36 Vaporizer Img_1110

The rotors are syncronized by bevel gears attached to a torque shaft running through the swept wing, this is the primary function of this model.  The rotors can also be spun by turning the jet nozzles behind each engine!
VAP-36 Vaporizer Img_1111

A cannon/grenade pod and a rocket pod are typically loaded on the outboard hardpoints; the pods along with the minigun turret can be swiveled and aligned to fire upon a point-target while the aircraft circles above, AC-130 style!
VAP-36 Vaporizer Img_1112

The tiltrotor is equipped with fully moving flaps, ailerons, and a pelikan tail.
VAP-36 Vaporizer Img_1113

Here is the aircraft on the ground with it's troop bay sliding-door shut.
VAP-36 Vaporizer Img_1115

Note the forward-swept wing!  Getting the torque-shaft for the engine to run through the sweep of the wing was a structural nightmare.
VAP-36 Vaporizer Img_1114

Thanks for looking, here is the full brickshelf gallery!
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

VAP-36 Vaporizer Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

VAP-36 Vaporizer Empty Re: VAP-36 Vaporizer

Post by Fithboy Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:52 am

The band of blue is really nice, and the nose is awesome. Too many studs showing for my liking, but the turning rotors is a really cool feature.
Fithboy
Fithboy
John Denno
John Denno

Location : Liverpool. I swear there is more rain here than in the Amazon Rainforest.
VAP-36 Vaporizer Flag_u10

https://www.youtube.com/xxXDennoXxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:48 pm

The studs are an unfortunate side-effect of the forward swept wings and the thickness they have due to the torque shaft. It's not super smooth, but the wings are already four plates thick to accomodate the shaft, adding on a smooth-tiled layer would give even more bulk, and they would make the leading edge of the wing much more jagged on top, the angles are already stepped to form a semi-airfoil shape.

I have a smooth tiltrotor with straight wings back home I'll post over my next break that you might like more!
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

VAP-36 Vaporizer Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:51 pm

Yeah I did realise that, even though the studs aren't ideal there isn't much other option. Maybe bricks on their side?
Fithboy
Fithboy
John Denno
John Denno

Location : Liverpool. I swear there is more rain here than in the Amazon Rainforest.
VAP-36 Vaporizer Flag_u10

https://www.youtube.com/xxXDennoXxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum