Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RAS-TC (Republic Assault Speeder - Troop Carrier)

+2
Clonecommando007
Sandtrooper Platoon
6 posters

Go down

RAS-TC (Republic Assault Speeder - Troop Carrier) Empty RAS-TC (Republic Assault Speeder - Troop Carrier)

Post by Sandtrooper Platoon Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:48 am

RAS-TC (Republic Assault Speeder - Troop Carrier)
RAS-TC (Republic Assault Speeder - Troop Carrier) Ras-tc

Used in any terrain, but most useful in unstable terrain areas. Used alongside UT-AT and AT-TE. It has a lot of firepower by itself, but was often used with coverage from heavier transports.

The RAS can drop troops right at the frontline and was even used as a behind enemy lines transport.
With a quicker turnaround then a RGS. The troops are dropped off and swiftly travel back to Republic Assault Ships to take platoons anywhere throughout the battlefield.

On such planets as the Denovio and Serrena assaults, the RAS was used along the surface with support from RGS above them. The speed of an RAS is almost as fast as a Republic gunship. General Plokoon also chose to use LAAT/c RGS with RAS-TC. After dropping off AT-TEs near the front, the RAS-TC squadron had support from the LAAT/c in the skies above until they reached their deployment zone.

The speeder is also handy to evade droid radar as it can cruise just centimetres above the ground. With powerful antigrav repulsorlift engines and three fusion powered engines, it is a handy addition to any republic offensive.

Has 360 degree protection with four lasers frontward, two turbolasers rearward and two gunners on either side with smaller turbolaser placements.

Carries up to 13 troops into battle. Two gunners. Pilot and co-pilot.

Used in another form. The RAS-C (Cargo) carrying up to four SI (standard infantry)* speeder bikes, three BARC speeders. Medical supplies and chargers for all types of weapons.
Camo Green
*"Standard Infantry" speeder bikes are the speeders from the 7655 "Clone Troopers Battle Pack". The BARC speeder came with the "Clone Turbo Tank".
Sandtrooper Platoon
Sandtrooper Platoon
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

RAS-TC (Republic Assault Speeder - Troop Carrier) Empty Re: RAS-TC (Republic Assault Speeder - Troop Carrier)

Post by Clonecommando007 Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:26 pm

I've seen that one before. Laughing But I'll say what I said before: It looks like a good start on something big. But It doesn't look star wars ish. You need your main color to be grey methinks. Or add some black and dark red. And those visors...I'm not liking them to much. Some fold down pannels would greatly improve this thing, and a re-done front end.

Great concept though! Smile Whitey
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

RAS-TC (Republic Assault Speeder - Troop Carrier) Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

RAS-TC (Republic Assault Speeder - Troop Carrier) Empty Re: RAS-TC (Republic Assault Speeder - Troop Carrier)

Post by Rook Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:33 pm

Green Here comes the clones! I like the side gunners behind the drivers. Green
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

RAS-TC (Republic Assault Speeder - Troop Carrier) Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandtrooper Platoon Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:29 am

At the time I built this, I only had my old Lego collection to use for bricks. It is my first MOC, and I will probably keep it that way, for sentimental reasons.

I have much more spare SW Lego (unbuilt Speeders, Droid Carriers etc.) and will definitely attempt to make something more Star Warsy looking in the future.

However, if you use your imagination, it is kinda shark looking (A lot of SW designs being based on the animal kingdom) and that is the look I went for.
It doesn't look entirely out of place for a Star Wars diorama. But thanks for the tips CC007, and Rook for the comments on the side gunners. I think that's probably the best part too.
Sandtrooper Platoon
Sandtrooper Platoon
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:53 pm

Sandtrooper Platoon wrote:
However, if you use your imagination, it is kinda shark looking (A lot of SW designs being based on the animal kingdom) and that is the look I went for.

Green I think that's one of the reason why I like building in Legos. When you put that animal quality into a design you can sense how it moves and works. Making subs like fish, star fighters like birds, & walkers like mammals or reptiles. Green
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

RAS-TC (Republic Assault Speeder - Troop Carrier) Empty side gunners

Post by CommanderMitten Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:41 am

Green I like it, especially the side gunners, looks kind of like high powered sniper rifle mixed with a grenade launcher. Wink
CommanderMitten
CommanderMitten
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

RAS-TC (Republic Assault Speeder - Troop Carrier) Empty reply

Post by -Aki- Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:02 pm

This is a strange trasnsport, but i'm not saying thats bad Smile . I like the impressive amount of firepower and troops it carries, but the problem is that if a mad yob with a rocket launcher just happens to see it it's bye bye clones! so I go with clonecommando007, it needs something to protect the vunrauble (SP?) troops from oncoming projectiles, otherwise 13 troopers wont jump off when it lands, nothing will! so I reccomend you make a roof for it, with folding/sliding doors to at least make the troopers feel safe Surprised

:spammers: yay, first post!

Use a spell checker, you're also missing some capitalization & punctuation. Wink It's "vulnerable" to answer your question. ADMIN
-Aki-
-Aki-
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

RAS-TC (Republic Assault Speeder - Troop Carrier) Flag_u10

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Faie Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:00 pm

Aki-kundu wrote:This is a strange trasnsport, but i'm not saying thats bad Smile . I like the impressive amount of firepower and troops it carries, but the problem is that if a mad yob with a rocket launcher just happens to see it it's bye bye clones! so I go with clonecommando007, it needs something to protect the vunrauble (SP?) troops from oncoming projectiles, otherwise 13 troopers wont jump off when it lands, nothing will! so I reccomend you make a roof for it, with folding/sliding doors to at least make the troopers feel safe Surprised

:spammers: yay, first post!

Use a spell checker, you're also missing some capitalization & punctuation. Wink It's "vulnerable" to answer your question. ADMIN

Also to add I don't think this guy is ever going to respond to that since he hasn't been here in a long time. Fordo Yo!
Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:16 pm

Wow good point. He was fighting for a spot on my corps and then we never heard from again really. Strange how people join and then disappear.
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down