Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

My 1st MOC

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My 1st MOC

Post by ARC CloneTrooper141 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:48 pm

This is my first MOC that i've made so far. Sadly, I can't think of what to call it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by ARC CloneTrooper141 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
ARC CloneTrooper141
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Re: My 1st MOC

Post by Arkane on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:51 pm

As said by someone else previously, if you ask for only positive's we cannot help you get better. So before I reply in my normal fashion, please remove (or negate) that sentence from your post.
Arkane
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uberlag on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:54 pm

Wait wait wait... No negative comments?
This thing is....to put it honestly, a ship center, with some bricks thrown on top of various colors, then attached with some sort of landing gear.
Asking for no negative comments?? How are we supposed to make you better if the only thing you here is:
Oh yeah...that's good.....
Uberlag
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ARC CloneTrooper141 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:00 pm

Of course uber, you just ALWAYS have to say something negavitve......you made me feel much happier about my work.....
Are you too afraid to say some thing nice or suggest an idea to someone is a nice way?!
ARC CloneTrooper141
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uberlag on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:10 pm

In case you haven't realized, I'm not a softie (like most of the people here Razz ) so I'm not going top just say "Yay looks good good job you did real good woo"
What does that get you? I mean stuff like that is OK for Rook, who is one of the greatest builders on the internets, he doesn't need drastic improvement.
Here what you CAN improve:
Make everything 'uniform' symmetrical, detailed, etc.
Make everything 1-3 colors, white, gray, dark gray, etc.
Try to make it look as good as possible before submitting it to us.
Those are suggestions in general, heres some specifically:
Scrap that top windshield, and don't use an old ARC-170 body, make your own. Those wing-things look really weird on this ship, either remove them or make them look nice.
Uberlag
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by No_Name on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:12 pm

ARC CloneTrooper141 wrote:Of course uber, you just ALWAYS have to say something negavitve......you made me feel much happier about my work.....
Are you too afraid to say some thing nice or suggest an idea to someone is a nice way?!
Uberlag, doesn't ALWAYS say something negative. Uberlag is saying that you expect to get a good MOC don't put various coloured bricks on top of each other, and asking for NO negative comments, what else are we supposed to say?

No_Name
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://mocpages.com/home.php/11024

Back to top Go down

Post by ARC CloneTrooper141 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:23 pm

Well heres the thing, Its really hard for me to make ships that arn't multi-colored because I'd have to destroy some of my sets to get the pieces i need, but I really dont want to do that, and i'm pretty much broke right now after buying all the new sets, so i cant buy pieces off of BL, and theres other stuff that i have to use my money with besides Lego....
ARC CloneTrooper141
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uberlag on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:25 pm

It seems like you have a lot of sets, just disassemble any of the ones you don't like, I have a gigantic amount of Lego at my disposal and I rarely buy parts from bricklink.
Uberlag
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkane on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:01 pm

Call it the "Hashed-Together-From-Multiple-Themes-Featuring-Over-20-Colours-Mobile"
Arkane
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bly on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:18 pm

I also hate breaking up sets but mainly because I hate mixing up pieces from sets. It's just a weird me thing, sorry. Embarassed The ship has a lot of potential but right now, there's way too many colours. I'd advice looking for some great sellers on BL who sell individual bricks - they're often very inexpensive.
Bly
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=587928

Back to top Go down

Post by ARC CloneTrooper141 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:38 pm

Jameseh wrote:Call it the "Hashed-Together-From-Multiple-Themes-Featuring-Over-20-Colours-Mobile"
Nothings perfect ya know......and thats not funny...... Mad
ARC CloneTrooper141
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by No_Name on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:45 pm

ARC CloneTrooper141 wrote:
Jameseh wrote:Call it the "Hashed-Together-From-Multiple-Themes-Featuring-Over-20-Colours-Mobile"
Nothings perfect ya know......and thats not funny...... Mad
Thats true but figure out a colour scheme then I think we'd be more help.

No_Name
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://mocpages.com/home.php/11024

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:32 pm

A lot has already been said in this post, but I'll give you a few of my thoughts. I think that whenever you submit something to be rated, commented upon, or given suggestions, that most of the times it's the best that you personally can do, and you're looking for some feedback to help you out for future creations. Uberlag can seem a little "harsh" sometimes but please don't take it personal. He's trying to help you get BETTER by expecting more from you. Like Uber, I also think that this ship is way too multicolored, bulky, and simply random- but it can be improved upon. I like the wedge-shaped design and the windscreen. My suggestions for you are, 1. to stick to 1-3 colors such as republic red, white, and maybe light bley 2. The legs are an interesting idea, but I'm not really sold... if this is a walker shouldn't the legs bend and have thicker joints? there should also be a third leg in front possibly that isn't as small 3. add some flow to the vehicle, don't leave it jutting out random bricks here in there, because then it looks too bulky 4. As Uber said, if you don't have enough pieces just scrap some from your other sets that you don't want at the time, and if you want you can put them back together when you're done creating whatever it is you create 5. Finally, do NOT be negative with your opinions and your creations. We're here to help you get better, not worse. Smile
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Faie on Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:08 pm

Man I am a softie, (sorry Uber) but here I really can't be soft. Of course none of us were good when we started but this, this is not good at all! I like the shape except for the legs but how many colors did you use? Fordo Yo!

Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ARC CloneTrooper141 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:23 am

To tell you all the truth, i made this moc back in like 2004, so thats why it looks really crappy. I remember when i bought my jango fett slave 1 back in 2002, it fell to pieces right when i picked it up, so i decided to make up my own ship. So I destroyed that other ep. 2 set with that Zam lady, and tore off the wings of her ship and put it on the slave 1's "wings". Then i put the rest of her ship on top of the remains of my slave 1 and added a couple of other pieces that i "thought" would make it look cool. Then 2 years later, i used the bottom red pieces of this big blue Lego barge ship to moddify the rest of the ship. So thats pretty much why it seems really crappy. If you look at some of my other ships and buildings that i've made, you'd think that they're WAY too multi-colored. I'll probably destroy my B-wing, but thats the only set that i dont want to keep. If LDD put every single Lego Star Wars piece in there, i'd be building so many ships like crazy and then i'd download the intructions for the ships and buy all the pieces off of BL, but i doubt LDD would do that..... Sad
ARC CloneTrooper141
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uberlag on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:39 am

Are you REALLY 15? Because based on how you spell things and how you talk, I'm having a hard time believing that...
Uberlag
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Re: My First Moc

Post by Commander N09 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:41 am

Your fifteen. Your kidding. Im nine, and I'm WAY more mature than my brother (who is 13, but still). Go back to school! Razz

Commander N09
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ARC CloneTrooper141 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 am

Uberlag wrote:Are you REALLY 15? Because based on how you spell things and how you talk, I'm having a hard time believing that...

Ok now you're just being REALLY rude. 1. I'm not some nerd thats SUPER smart and gets A+'s all the time,and 2. I text alot, dont use caps alot online, and type wat, u, ur, y, and other texting words online alot,so wat do you expect? Most people online dont care about how you type and how you spell...... Roll Eyes
ARC CloneTrooper141
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uberlag on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:01 am

Actually, if you want to seem mature, you spell with decent grammar/spelling, otherwise mature people that can HIRE YOU FOR JOBS, will just be like: 'This kid must be really dumb, he can't even spell!' Next thing you know, you don't get the job. Spelling IS important, like manners, if you want to make a good first impression on people, you act with decency.
Uberlag
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Mongoose on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:05 am

Call it the Super Skipper! It's a funky name! Yea cool ship!

Commander Mongoose Out. Blue Arc
Commander Mongoose
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Re: My First Moc

Post by Commander N09 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:06 am

Am I going to have to make ANOTHER grammar guide?

Commander N09
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ARC CloneTrooper141 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:23 am

Commander Mongoose wrote:Call it the Super Skipper! It's a funky name! Yea cool ship!

Commander Mongoose Out. Blue Arc

Thank you Commander Mongoose! You're the best!! Smile Blue Arc

And PLEASE uber.....You're younger than me an you're ALWAYS trying to be mature?! Listen dude, this is an online website filled with young people(and some adults like Rook and Wuzzupbob). People dont try do be mature online unless they're talking to an adult thats mature, or if they're on a mature website filled with mature people. I technically think this is a website where u dont HAVE to be mature, and trust me, I act mature in public and when i'm talking with people that are mature or that i dont know, I just dont act "mature" online because most people online dont care if you're mature or not. But if the rules say that you HAVE to be mature, then i'll try.
ARC CloneTrooper141
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:31 am

Good point 141. However if you want to be respected, MOCing and posting skills are very important. Everyone that is a MOD or ADMIN, are because how they present themselves online. Wink

Signature by RΟΟK, on Flickr
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Faie on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:35 am

Hi my name is CFaie, and I'm 11 and I can actually have intelligent conversations with adults! Maturity is what people judge you by;if you're not mature they won't take you seriously. If you try to be mature we will actually talk with you and give you advice. Fordo Yo!

Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon9 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:38 am

Rook wrote:Good point 141. However if you want to be respected, MOCing and posting skills are very important. Everyone that is a MOD or ADMIN, are because how they present themselves online. Wink

Or you can be like me I've got mediocer mocing skills and my grammers not too bad, and I've got NO respect. Razz Razz Nobodys rool!! Smile Fordo Yo!

O.K. I'll stop tailking now. Embarassed Fordo Yo!
Brandon9
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum