Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt

+13
major reviss
Lego_man2323
thunder-clone
astoriabluelegos
Sandtrooper Platoon
Sialboats
Zepher
DarthPineapple
ARC CloneTrooper141
-Aki-
Astor
Jedi Joe
Clonecommando007
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Empty 222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt

Post by Clonecommando007 Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:16 pm

Greetings!
I've finally finished my first installment of the 222nd Legion Chronicles. The first episode is called 'Arrival on Helioscaunt'.
I'll get started...
222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Comic1clonewars_005
222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Comic1clonewars_006
222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Comic1clonewars_007
222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Comic1clonewars_008
222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Comic1clonewars_009
222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Comic1clonewars_010
222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Comic1clonewars_011
222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Comic1clonewars_012
222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Comic1clonewars_013
222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Comic1clonewars_014
222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Comic1clonewars_015
222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Comic1clonewars_016
222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Comic1clonewars_017
222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Comic1clonewars_018
222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Comic1clonewars_019

Like it? Not? I don't have any action in this one really, I just wanted to rather experiment and get into the series.
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Empty Re: 222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt

Post by Jedi Joe Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:18 pm

I like the idea of blowing the waste clouds away. It adds suspence too, as droids can hide in the clouds, as seen in this comic.
Jedi Joe
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...

Back to top Go down

222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Empty Re: 222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt

Post by Astor Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:19 pm

Awesome! I love the clouds! Smile
Astor
Astor
Guild Member
Guild Member

222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Aflag10

Back to top Go down

Post by -Aki- Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:19 pm

Very nice! I love the use of cotton! Who is that white armoured non clone guy?
-Aki-
-Aki-
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Flag_u10

Back to top Go down

Post by ARC CloneTrooper141 Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:20 pm

Sweet story! I can't wait to see the rest! I really like how you made the scenery. Smile Blue Arc
ARC CloneTrooper141
ARC CloneTrooper141
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:20 pm

This is one of the better stories. Although, isn't it a comic? I really like it CC, NICE job! Smile
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:25 pm

Aki-kundu wrote:Very nice! I love the use of cotton! Who is that white armoured non clone guy?
Very good question, I'm glad you asked. Smile
I hinted at it in one of the pictures, but he is a Helioscaunt guard, one of the remaining soldiers of the planet. They drive around in white speeders (you can see one on the landing platform) and they wear heavy jetpacks, and carry enormous multiporpose guns. All white, of course, like the clouds and most of the buildings.

I'm glad you guys like this! I made it a lot shorter than my exhaustively long SBLF comics. I think that makes it better.

I use the clouds not only because they make it look good, but because they block the clutter of my room out of the picture. Razz
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:32 pm

Clonecommando007 wrote:
Aki-kundu wrote:Very nice! I love the use of cotton! Who is that white armoured non clone guy?
Very good question, I'm glad you asked. Smile
I hinted at it in one of the pictures, but he is a Helioscaunt guard, one of the remaining soldiers of the planet. They drive around in white speeders (you can see one on the landing platform) and they wear heavy jetpacks, and carry enormous multiporpose guns. All white, of course, like the clouds and most of the buildings.

I'm glad you guys like this! I made it a lot shorter than my exhaustively long SBLF comics. I think that makes it better.

I use the clouds not only because they make it look good, but because they block the clutter of my room out of the picture. Razz

What my response was going to be. I also like how you used them to add suspense. good story so far, though some different looking clones would help with characters. i miss Battlefield, those were good stories!
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:35 pm

I actually finished battlefield 4, but my dang flickr messed up their order and it'll take forever to sort out! Waaa!
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:37 pm

Oh, my advice also includes getting rid of the date at the bottom of the picture, it's distracting and wierd to see in a comic.
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:39 pm

Yea I hate that too. I'm trying to find out how to remove it standard from my camera.
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:21 pm

Aaah, I very much like the cotton! So much more substantial than edited material! Nice work!
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandtrooper Platoon Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:59 pm

Thats pretty cool. Nice work there bro.

I couldn't do that myself. I make one diorama and stick to it (changing it only when adding to it)
More of the one off action MOC that I add to slowly and only occasionally change and with the re-release of RGS, AT-TE, Droid Gunships, I've gone nuts with some huge dioramas that I take pics of at different angles of the one action sequence.

I like the way you have used Phase II clones. That's what I've done with the non-bubble turret RGS and new AT-TE. I use the Phase I clones to add more troops to my 4482 AT-TE (which was a better design), and 7163 RGS dioramas.

Have you got two turbo tanks or did you buy a second Clone Scout Trooper off Bricklink? 'Cos those bad boys aint cheap.

Fordo Yo! Marine
Sandtrooper Platoon
Sandtrooper Platoon
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:08 pm

That is pretty AWESOME CC, the story was great, and the cloud look was conveyed VERY nicely! great WORK! Hola Wow! Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder-clone Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:38 pm

That is brilliant, and I can't wait to see what happens next.
thunder-clone
thunder-clone
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Flag_u10

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:28 am

Sandtrooper Platoon wrote:Thats pretty cool. Nice work there bro.

I couldn't do that myself. I make one diorama and stick to it (changing it only when adding to it)
More of the one off action MOC that I add to slowly and only occasionally change and with the re-release of RGS, AT-TE, Droid Gunships, I've gone nuts with some huge dioramas that I take pics of at different angles of the one action sequence.

I like the way you have used Phase II clones. That's what I've done with the non-bubble turret RGS and new AT-TE. I use the Phase I clones to add more troops to my 4482 AT-TE (which was a better design), and 7163 RGS dioramas.

Have you got two turbo tanks or did you buy a second Clone Scout Trooper off Bricklink? 'Cos those bad boys aint cheap.

Fordo Yo! Marine
Welcome back, SP! I hope you stay around, and you did bring up several good points!

Honestly, though it may have looked good, this diorama is not that good and is mostly made of bulk white bricks and clever placing. And cotton. Razz It was because of this that I really don't feel that bad at all about changing the diorama around every few comics, so that's a forewarning: When you read my comics, don't expect to be awed by Diorama amazingness! It'll be plain old backround. These comics are supposed to be about the battle and the plot (which will develope) and the men.

Unfortunantly I don't have two Turbo Tanks...Otherwise I might still have one together. I regret dismanteling the one I had. I got the other trooper in a trade with FBTB member Supernova. I gave him a Greedo for a Kashyyyk Trooper and four standard clones (still a good bargain for him).
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Lego_man2323 Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:03 am

Im not sure but this looks like the 212th if you go to wookiepeidia they look exactly the same, but whatever, if you want them to be the 222 their the 222, love the use of cotton, and did you make decals for the clones or did you paint, awesome.
Lego_man2323
Lego_man2323
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by major reviss Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:09 am

Lego_man2323 wrote:Im not sure but this looks like the 212th if you go to wookiepeidia they look exactly the same, but whatever, if you want them to be the 222 their the 222, love the use of cotton, and did you make decals for the clones or did you paint, awesome.
Longest. Sentence. Ever. Nice use of cotton CC, but the plot was kinda... humdrum.
major reviss
major reviss
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:21 am

Lego_man2323 wrote:Im not sure but this looks like the 212th if you go to wookiepeidia they look exactly the same, but whatever, if you want them to be the 222 their the 222, love the use of cotton, and did you make decals for the clones or did you paint, awesome.

Well, there ain't that many colors, and there are over 1000 Legions. Kinda hard not to have the same color. I love the "clouds", and I wonder what the 222nd will run into... I'm assuming the vehicle that enters at the end is a mechanical killing machine?
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:04 am

PLease, break down your sentences. I can barely understand what you're saying.

Nice work, CC, smart use of cotton wool for clouds.
Axel
Axel
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Flag_a10

Back to top Go down

222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt Empty Re:222nd Legion Chronicles - Arrival on Helioscaunt

Post by TK47 Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:54 am

Ha ha wow, I'm astonished, it's brilliant and by far the best comic, your customs make the comic a whole lot better though from the original battle pack tropers.
TK47
TK47
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.freewebs.com/2287sally/

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:37 pm

Good observation there, Lego-man2323. The designs on the 54th Infantry are indeed the same markings of the 212th Attack Battalion. I like the color. However, as you will see in comics to come, the 222nd Legion is not just composed of Orange troopers. Their Regiments have many different designs.

I put stickers on the clones. We'll have a special report on stickers soon, so be looking out for it.
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:07 am

Liked it or not?- loved it! The cotton balls were actually a pretty cool special effect coming from someone who doesn't really like special effects in mocs. I wish it would be possible to design a sort of transparent lego 'cloud/steam' piece that could be used accordingly to fit these types of situations! The story was pretty good and I liked the idea of the droid that blows away the clouds. Nice touch with the red light inside the LAAT also Blue Arc
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Post by Lego_man2323 Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:56 am

Thanks for filling that up. I loved this comic. I look forward to more comics, soon.
Lego_man2323
Lego_man2323
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:09 am

Thanks for all the comments!

Comic two has been photographed but the text bubbles will take a few days with my schedule, and comic 3 is in the planning stage. Hint: Airborne ops.
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next