Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette

+12
Commander Lukas
astoriabluelegos
LegoBoyRobert
DarthPineapple
Jedi Joe
80-0
198th legion
Sialboats
Axel
Thunder-blade
Darth Yoda
legorevolution
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Empty Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette

Post by legorevolution Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:49 am

Well those of you who have been checking the November submissions thread for the 'Lost Unit Contest' have probably seen my bignette entry. I decided to take some more pics of it to share with ya'll.

"You're just hearing things..."

Two marooned scouts of the 612th hold out behind a downed AT-RT on swampy Xagobah. Paranoia builds between the two brethren as one swears he keeps hearing something bubbling and getting closer...

The two scouts holding out in the swamp at the bottom of a small canyon.
Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1419

"Did you hear that?!" CT-1463
"Hear what?" CT- 0978 as he frantically whips out his scouting binoculars.
Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1420

Up-close shot of the two. I liked this picture because it kind of reminded me a little of Kashyyyk with the jungle growth in the background. Also it really did a good job stressing CT- 1463's small blaster.
Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1421

Backright shot of the moc with the jungle overhang.
Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1422

The downed AT-RT. I thought I did a pretty good job portraying the wreckage of an AT-RT in a swamp. You have to take into account plant growth, broken gears, lights, twisted metal, burnt parts, etc. It's hard to see but at the tip of the CT-0978's binoculars I tried to make it look like a leg was protruding the surface.
Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1423

A better idea of the leg can be seen in this shot. Also the noise (bubbles) CT- 1463 heard are to the right of the wreckage.
Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1442

This is another one of my favorite shots. It gives the feeling to the viewer that something is looking at the two scouts within the jungle.
Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1425

Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1426

The canyon runs back out of the moc and was pretty difficult to make, but then again so were the rocks. The brilliant vine idea was created by the famous Mark Kelso, I believe, and is that extra holding piece from the 3 petaled green plants.
Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1427

Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1428

For a first time teraformer I think I did a pretty swell job on those rocks wouldn't you say? I hope you answer yes because the rocks themselves in this moc took around 7 hours. Can only improve from here right?
Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1429

This creation is important to me because it's basically my first leap from building mechanical oriented mocs to more organic and natural. The style is difficult, but comes out with stunning results when done correctly. Xagobah is also one of my 'pilot mocs', if you will, for my eventual Kashyyyk moc.
Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1430

Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1431

Top shot of the moc- it ended up running 24 x 24 studs with no overhang.
Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1432

Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1433

I'm not too proud of the plants I created or the jungle floor, but because it was my first time and because I am lacking in piece count currently, I was satisfied. A good technique for floor texture is to create a base plate sitting 1 full stud beneath your final height, and just throw in bricks for that theme (in this case it was jungle). Once you're done put some texture ontop of it with 1x1 studs and plants.
Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1434

The AT-RT wreckage was the easiest part of the moc as I spent relatively no time on it. It could be better as well, but it works. The wreckage is another precursor to another future moc of mine- The Force Unleashed junkyard world of Raxiss Prime.
Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1435

Few shots of the wreckage without the scouts.
Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1436

Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1437

This is a better reference picture to the floor-pattern technique described earlier.
Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1438

Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1439

Back shot of the moc to give you an idea of the height. No it's not solid brick all the way through, I hallowed it out and used support beams for once. I was going to make a little water cavern within the rocks where the original pilot of the AT-RT would be left decomposing. The tail of the implied creature coming after the two scouts now would be sticking out in the cavern but I ran out of sloped rock bricks and had to reject the idea.
Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1440

The pack idea on the troopers was actually a discovery that happened by shear accident. I believe I'm the first to use this technique and think it's quite effective!
Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Img_1441
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Flag_u12

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Empty Re: Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette

Post by Darth Yoda Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:57 am

Okay legorev, you have done two things... 1. you made my jaw drop, 2. you made me want those dark green leaves even more... Hola Wow!
Darth Yoda
Darth Yoda
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32354339@N06/

Back to top Go down

Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Empty Re: Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette

Post by Thunder-blade Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:00 am

Woah!!!

The new pics show alot more than I expected! The rocks are superb! Attention to detail is astounding!!
This is a piece of art Revo! The water and plants and EVERYTHING is awesome!

The crashed AT-RT adds a nice effect!!
The "kepi" technique is very creative too!

I can't wait for Kashyyyk to be finished!!!
Thunder-blade
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:00 am

darth yoda wrote:Okay legorev, you have done two things... 1. you made my jaw drop, 2. you made me want those dark green leaves even more... Hola Wow!

That's what I shoot for Wink GET THE INDIANA JONES JUNGLE CUTTER SET!!! It's a great addition to any set because 1. it provides tons of plants and 2. all the green bricks you'll ever need... well for small mocs like this.
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:01 am

Thunder-blade wrote:Woah!!!

The new pics show alot more than I expected! The rocks are superb! Attention to detail is astounding!!
This is a piece of art Revo! The water and plants and EVERYTHING is awesome!

The crashed AT-RT adds a nice effect!!
The "kepi" technique is very creative too!

I can't wait for Kashyyyk to be finished!!!

Double post... GO! Thanks thunder! Yeah the pictures yesterday weren't very good quality... I was just eager to post my newly finished moc. I'll update the pics in the submission thread soon.
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:46 am

legorevolution wrote:
darth yoda wrote:Okay legorev, you have done two things... 1. you made my jaw drop, 2. you made me want those dark green leaves even more... Hola Wow!

That's what I shoot for Wink GET THE INDIANA JONES JUNGLE CUTTER SET!!! It's a great addition to any set because 1. it provides tons of plants and 2. all the green bricks you'll ever need... well for small mocs like this.

Small MOCs? 24 by 24 studs is frigging huge! Shocked

Anyway, I'm sure I commented on your MOC before, but...let me just speak out again. This is a wicked MOC! Most of the MOCs you spew out turn out impressively; you are one heck of a great builder!

Last edited by Axel on Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Axel
Axel
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Flag_a10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:16 am

Words cannot explain how awesome that is!

The landscaping is spot on, and I'm just dying to get my hands on some of that foliage!
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by 198th legion Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:54 pm

Holy son of a gun! That MOC is awesome!
198th legion
198th legion
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:28 pm

WOW.

Once again you've convinced me that I SO need more dark bley wedge rock pieces. Razz

But really, I'd love to make something like that.

The backpack is also very clever. Wink
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Joe Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:46 pm

Wow, Legorev! When you made this, I was glad that I didn't enter a bignette! Razz
Jedi Joe
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:45 pm

This just pure win, really. The rocks, the water, everything! I love the 'bubble' on the troopers.

I hope I can get the Indy Jungle Cutter set but I doubt of I can ever get the money. Sad

And legorev, don't double post... Mad
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Xagobah- Legorev's November Contest Bignette Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

Post by LegoBoyRobert Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:56 pm

Nice one LegoRev, I can't wait for Cristmas because I'm getting the Jungle Cutter! I love the rocks, like they are pointy and all. Nice MOC.
LegoBoyRobert
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/pizza501st

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:07 pm

WOW, congrats dude! I love the rocks and all the detail, that is STUNNING dude!!!! Hola Wow! Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Joe Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:11 pm

Yea, I want to get the Jungle Cutter too because of the fleshie faces, and the dark green pieces.

But man, I still am in awe of this thing... If only I had the right pieces at the right time...
Jedi Joe
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Lukas Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:47 pm

One sec wile I find my jaw Hola Wow!

That's better that is really (time nine but the mods would eat me... Wink ) cool!
Way better than my crapy little swamp MOC...
I envy your MOCing skills (skizles) Hola Wow!

P.S. Nice work on those scouts backpacks Kashyyyk You aren't going to patten that are you?
Commander Lukas
Commander Lukas
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : In a tank double parked in the parking lot of a Pizza Hut.

http://www.teamclanmga.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LegoBoyRobert Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:00 pm

LegoRev, mind if I use the Idea of this? I just love it too much. Razz
LegoBoyRobert
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:16 pm

LegoBoyRobert wrote:LegoRev, mind if I use the Idea of this? I just love it too much. Razz

Not at all. I build for the greater glory of the lego community. I just hope that people don't take credit for new ideas I come up with/straight up steal my pictures and slop their names on them. That hasn't happened yet thank god. Go for it Rob, I'd love to see what you come up with. It's very time consuming though. Don't get frustrated on the rocks though, if you're not feeling it just redo it until you like it.

Thanks for all the comments so far guys!

-I'm not going to patent the scout trooper backpack idea whoever asked, even though it's a brilliant idea Wink
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-blade Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:17 pm

I'll keep a sharp eye on MOCpages for you then Revo! Razz
Thunder-blade
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:17 pm

I commented in the other thread already, but this is fantastic.

so many different things, I can't even comment on the all. This is really really awesome.
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:20 pm

Thunder-blade wrote:I'll keep a sharp eye on MOCpages for you then Revo! Razz

What do you mean? Uploading to mocpages takes FOREVER, but I'm going to try something this afternoon that might speed it up.... I still need to add the Felucia moc too...

Zeph- thanks a lot. I'm glad you like it Smile It's what I shoot for.
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-blade Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:21 pm

I meant that whenever people steal pics as their own, it always happens on MOCpages....
Thunder-blade
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:29 pm

Thunder-blade wrote:I meant that whenever people steal pics as their own, it always happens on MOCpages....

Ah yes. That's extremely annoying.
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Faie Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:44 pm

...MOC of the month. Winner, winner LEGO Star Wars dinner! This is amazing. You are REALLY getting good! Fordo Yo!
Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LegoBoyRobert Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:07 pm

legorevolution wrote:
LegoBoyRobert wrote:LegoRev, mind if I use the Idea of this? I just love it too much. Razz

Not at all. I build for the greater glory of the Lego community. I just hope that people don't take credit for new ideas I come up with/straight up steal my pictures and slop their names on them. That hasn't happened yet thank god. Go for it Rob, I'd love to see what you come up with. It's very time consuming though. Don't get frustrated on the rocks though, if you're not feeling it just redo it until you like it.
Okay, thanks. For when I do get frustrated, can I PM you for tips?
LegoBoyRobert
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:10 pm

You should totally post instructions on how to make your non-dead AT-RT. Smile
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next