Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry)

+32
burningottsel
Aridar
CloneCommandoXion
Muskey15
Tac
Awesome-o-saurus
bedaho
xXBLACKDOOMXx
Rogue
Clone Commander Charon
The Jinja Ninja
commader runo
Darth Yoda
Zepher
CloneCommanderChaz
Jedi Joe
foxrex101
Thunder-blade
LPAnimations
Rook
Master Potato
Clonecommando007
Alpha
667thLegion
Gerrard
Sialboats
80-0
pdragon27
Jens
DarthPineapple
PhiMa
legorevolution
36 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Empty Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry)

Post by legorevolution Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:18 am

After a scary close encounter of being possibly disqualified due to computer malfunction, my entry for the Guild Build, An Airspeeder in May, was posted and this cool thread was opened. It features Mace Windu, some clone troopers, and an airspeeder that jokingly plays on a gang theme. It was a hilarious theme to build to, so I think I might host a contest loosely based off of it in the near future.

His Bamfness (Mace Windu) and a few members (clones) of the gang Purple Deathsticks fly high above the Jedi Temple on Coruscant in a customized gold-plated El Bamferado airspeeder. Whew, that's quite a mouthful! Smile
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0114

This shot was the most realistic in compared to the reference picture I used here of Coruscant and the temple.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0210

And yes I am aware that it resembles a sandcastle so zip-it.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0610

Back of the baseplate.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0810

Top shot. I thought this technique of the miniaturized city and temple was very helpful when trying to get the perception of the speeder being up really high.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0910

You don't want the Purple Deathsticks rollin' up in your sector of Coruscant.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0115

Side shot of the El Bamferado personal airspeeder.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0116

When I picture gansters I see them driving elegant El Dorados, and that's what the speeder was based off of. Reference pic here.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0117

The front grill of the speeder. I really liked the angles I achieved in this vehicle. The middle 'stripe' of gold bars are level and the either two on each side are slightly tilted downwards. The front grill is also slightly faced inwards and down; you can see in other shots.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0118

Top greebles.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0119

Opposite side shot. If you're looking for the grill facing inwards and down you can see it a little in this pic.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0120

Side rear shot- we'll get to the cabin in a moment, stay with me!
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0121

The engines. Sometimes shear simplicity is the way to go. Since the theme of the car was purple and gold (for Mace Windu, pimpin', and BAMFness, which is pretty much a summary of what he is) I thought the transparent purple blades running between each engine offered a neat concept.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0122

Other side rear shot.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0211

The front two seats in the cabin, as well as the control panel(s). The black piece with the two white balls on each side was supposed to be two dice hanging from a mirror. The idea was good for gangster/bamfness but the best design I had was complete fail. I forgot to take them out when photographing so I'll have to try and live with it. As for the rest of the design here I was very pleased! I added tons of crazy detail such as pedals on the floor (for... speeding... faster?) and numerous controls.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0212

The back is just as spacious and luxurious as the front, and even has a nice emblem that resembles the New Republic sewn into the seats.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0213

Did I mention that the front two seats are fully reclinable for in-flight relaxing, or intense speeding. If in the daring mood to speed, the driving handles can extend out and back as well.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0214

Top shot of the airspeeder.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0215

The bottom of the speeder. Not much to see here, but just wanted to show you guys what I did.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0216

Character shots/description time. Man did I love these figs! This is Blast. He received his nickname in the gang because of his completely unnecessary firing of his illegally modified P-17 Flutter Blaster. Don't underestimate him though, he is still an excellent marksman.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0217

The great Lord Bamfness himself, Mace Windu. After being physically force-pushed out of the Jedi Temple in 20 BBY when charged with possesion of objects such as gold, deathsticks, and scantily clad Twi Leks, Mace took some of his Clone Troops and formed the gang The Purple Deathsticks. Since then they have struck fear throughout the galaxy, overthrown the Hutts, and have been looked down upon by both the Jedi Order and Kaminoans as utter failures. Mace dresses like a b.a. everyday- constantly wearing obscenely large gold chains known as 'bling-bling', refusing to ever take off his hood or retract his lightsaber.
*Fun fact: I believe I am the first to ever come up with this 'bling-bling' technique, yet at the same time it serves as some pretty interesting armor. I think I'll be playing around with it in the future more.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0218

Here we have Sketch. Not much is known about him other than he tends to shoot before he talks or asks questions. He's grown out his hair and dyed it purple for the gang. He also constantly wears a bandanna around his face, and can be found lurking around in dark backgrounds.
*Fun Fact 2: Sketch is my favorite of all the characters. His purple 'fro looks both really sweet and sketchy with the black bandanna and huge gun.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0219

Clique- like other two brothers and gang members, he is very trigger happy. His gun holding and shooting style has evolved to going sideways because he claims you can pull the trigger faster and get more accurate shots that way. He also wears a gold bandanna around his helmet.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0220

A group photoshoot for the Purple Deathsticks and Lord Bamfness infront of the El Bamferado airspeeder.
Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Bamf0310

Smile
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Flag_u12

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Empty Re: Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry)

Post by PhiMa Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:31 am

Hola Wow!

This. Is awesome. I love all the detail you squeezed into it! Mini Coruscant, the awesome Clones with the purple hair, Mace's Bling-Bling technique, the chrome head on the the front. All the gold bars! Once again, you never cease to amaze me. This is just so much awesomeness! And the cockpit! Amazing. Great Job legorev.
PhiMa
PhiMa
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Flag_g10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phima/

Back to top Go down

Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Empty Re: Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry)

Post by DarthPineapple Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:54 am

Wow. This is seriously your best MOC yet. I love the seats!
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jens Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:20 am

Really nice ride the Deathsticks got!

And I love how mace is wearing a purple basketball jersey under all that.
Jens
Jens
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Flag_d10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31580381@N05/

Back to top Go down

Post by pdragon27 Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:07 pm

Yeaahh, Boiii! Represent! JK, I don't live in the ghetto. But srsly, this is pimpin'.
pdragon27
pdragon27
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31819631@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:29 pm

For the moment, I must be a contest announcer:

The contest is over! All, please leave the room as LegoRevo is awarded his spoils.

Yes, it's just that good!(it is in the contest right? Shocked ) All the gold, particularly the front fender and the rear trunk area is extremely well done as well as the mini-scale Coruscant.
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:33 pm

God, LegoRev... just... GAWD! How is anyone ever going to win a guildbuild against you (especially when their piece pool SUCKS Razz )?

The seat mechanism wants to make me bow down and worship you, the use of the gold tiles is brilliant, and the minor details of the vehicle are astounding. It's the items like the bling, the gold 3P0 bust, the side decalling, the engine facing, that really makes this what it is!
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerrard Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:14 pm

Holy greebles and awesomeness Lego! I don't know where you got the gold bricks and the mini Coruscant is amazing! Now we get to the real part, the the is just amazing! Great detail, and I truly think that this and your Obi-Wan speeder should be put up on the market, excellent work. Smile
Gerrard
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:46 pm

Tell me, what is 'the the'? Razz
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 667thLegion Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:09 pm

Sorry to everybody who entered this contest, cause Revo just OWNED YOU ALL!!! This is amazing! I love all the gold, the use of the 3PO head, and the gang stuff, just pure win! Hola Wow!
667thLegion
667thLegion
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/16634

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:35 pm

Waaaaow.

Revo just blew the competition up.
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:26 pm

This is just so sick I can't even start. Razz The miniature of the city is amazing, great job on the perception and perspective, and the speeder itself just kicks Arse. Gold plates with purple and greebles, amazing. Great work!
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Potato Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:54 pm

R.I.P every other MOC that was entered, cuz you just got OWNED! Toasted!!!
Master Potato
Master Potato
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Flag_u10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:14 pm

Ah thanks for the spanking LRV. Always a pleasure. Shocked Razz
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by LPAnimations Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Hola Wow! Just...WOW! Did you contact MTV so they can pimp your ride? seriously, this is incredible, How could ANYONE else possibly win? Shocked
LPAnimations
LPAnimations
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Mace Windu's El Bamferado (Airspeeder GBuild Entry) Flag_u10

http://www.youtube.co.uk/user/LPAnimations

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:50 pm

He SHOULD contact MTV... Maybe they can get an interview. Laughing
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-blade Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:00 pm

Holy Cra--

*faints*
*gets up*

Wow. Everything is awesome! From the idea, to the execution to the pure awesomeness!!
Thunder-blade
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Post by foxrex101 Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:08 pm

Shocked .
Holy crap that is amazing Shocked . There's nothing I can say what's bad about it. It's perfect Thumbs up .
foxrex101
foxrex101
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.freewebs.com/foxrex101/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Joe Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:50 pm

Ok, I'm going to give you my honest opinion about this MOC, and not praise it just because you're Legorev.

The speeder is meh, too blocky and rectangular. It has good greebling, and the seats are awesome, but the concept itself needs work. The mini Coruscant looks like it was thrown together.

The minifigs on the other hand are freakin' awesome! I love the gangsta Mace! The clones are pretty tight too.

Overall, it's good, but not your usual excellence... Sad
Jedi Joe
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:56 pm

Jedi Joe wrote:The speeder is meh, too blocky and rectangular.

Have you seen an El Dorado? All blocks and angles. That was the inspiration for this I believe Wink .
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Joe Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:58 pm

Sialboats wrote:

Have you seen an El Dorado? All blocks and angles. That was the inspiration for this I believe Wink .

Yea, but those still look like cars...
Jedi Joe
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:03 pm

Jedi Joe wrote:
Sialboats wrote:

Yea, but those still look like cars...

So how do you get that shape over to an airspeeder that doesn't have the sloped hood or wheel housing Wink ?
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Joe Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:05 pm

Sialboats wrote:So how do you get that shape over to an airspeeder that doesn't have the sloped hood or wheel housing Wink ?

It's very simple...

You don't! Razz
Jedi Joe
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:10 pm

Thanks for all the feedback guys, and thanks for those who participated in the Guild Build!

Rook- Always a pleasure Wink

Gerrard- the tiles came from BL.

Joe- My fear was to create a speeder that was too blocky, but I am fairly confident I did a good job addressing that issue. I threw in curves on the front of the hood, the front grill, interior seating, and finally the back bumper to make it more appealing. The El Dorado car is actually quite a blocky and rectangular car, but it still looks freakin awesome- so that's why I couldn't do crazy slopes everywhere in the airspeeder. To be honest the speeder took upwards of 8 hours to build, while Coruscant itself took about 2. I was trying out new techniques and designs in both parts of the moc until I eventually got the scale or something I liked. I appreciate your feedback and take it into consideration always- people are entitled to their own opinions! I'm glad we have a compromise on the figs though Smile
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Post by CloneCommanderChaz Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:23 pm

After seeing that speeder I can’t even get myself to formulate the words needed to describe such a masterpiece!
CloneCommanderChaz
CloneCommanderChaz
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next