Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Republic Commando - Delta Squad I: Infiltration Point

+24
Niner Skirata
Chaotic Good
(insert name here)
Green Tee
Commando Shade
80-0
Gerrard
667thLegion
Zepher
Sialboats
Clonecommando007
noobswatter
Garet6
RubbahBand
DarthPineapple
pdragon27
mazz
-Aki-
Rogue
Brandon9
Alpha
PizzaMovies
Commander N09
SithFilmer
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Republic Commando - Delta Squad I: Infiltration Point Empty Republic Commando - Delta Squad I: Infiltration Point

Post by SithFilmer Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:03 am

[At the moment of posting this, it's still processing, so you can't watch it in HD just yet.]]

Okay, here's the film that I've been working on for the past year and a half. I spent about $700 making it, so you guys better like it. =P

And no, I didn't customize the commandos. I'm a Proud Purist.

I realize there are definite flaws. I'm not completely happy with it, but for my first large-scale film I think it turned out okay. I'm ready for your brutal criticism, though.

Enjoy!
SithFilmer
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Republic Commando - Delta Squad I: Infiltration Point Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Republic Commando - Delta Squad I: Infiltration Point Empty Re: Republic Commando-Delta Squad I: Infiltration Point

Post by Commander N09 Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:14 am

That is $700 well spent, my friend. I found this movie great. Plot was nice, animation was smooth, and very nice special effects! Nice job!
Commander N09
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Republic Commando - Delta Squad I: Infiltration Point Empty Re: Republic Commando - Delta Squad I: Infiltration Point

Post by PizzaMovies Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:19 am

I have to say that this is EPIC! Excellent animation most of the time! Although the parts where you used Particle Illusion...use a different compressor so it's not a little screen...

And I'm guessing most of that $700 went towards that ridiculously large and unnecessary set? I see in places where it's all one HUGE-@$$ set...you could've saved money and just built one room, filmed it then, then build another set...
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/pizzamovies

Back to top Go down

Republic Commando - Delta Squad I: Infiltration Point Empty Re: Republic Commando - Delta Squad I: Infiltration Point

Post by SithFilmer Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:25 am

PizzaMovies wrote:I have to say that this is EPIC! Excellent animation most of the time! Although the parts where you used Particle Illusion...use a different compressor so it's not a little screen...

And I'm guessing most of that $700 went towards that ridiculously large and unnecessary set? I see in places where it's all one HUGE-@$$ set...you could've saved money and just built one room, filmed it then, then build another set...
Thank you! I actually didn't use PI; I had a friend use EffectsLab. I did notice that today when I was finishing it, but ah well. No biggie.

Actually, a lot of it went towards that, but most was for the new Clone Wars sets, 'cause I needed the minifigs (Not that I don't like the sets. =P). And I did do that; I only had enough pieces for two rooms at a time. Anytime where you see different is the magic of filming. Wink
SithFilmer
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:44 am

It's excellent, not too choppy, the voices are nice, same with the SFX. Love the LSW sounds, too. All the combat scenes are awesome, I loved them all, especially the one at the end. Great work! Smile
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:00 am

SithFilmer wrote:
PizzaMovies wrote:I have to say that this is EPIC! Excellent animation most of the time! Although the parts where you used Particle Illusion...use a different compressor so it's not a little screen...

Thank you! I actually didn't use PI; I had a friend use EffectsLab. I did notice that today when I was finishing it, but ah well. No biggie.

Actually, a lot of it went towards that, but most was for the new Clone Wars sets, 'cause I needed the minifigs (Not that I don't like the sets. =P). And I did do that; I only had enough pieces for two rooms at a time. Anytime where you see different is the magic of filming. Wink

Oh, now I see that the explosion's quality is...below Particle Illusion quality...looks like FXlab, alrighty! Laughing Wink
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/pizzamovies

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon9 Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:04 am

Wow! You know, it's so hard to find a good clone film these days, and I'm proud to say you have one. The animation was a little choppy at times but the great effects made up for it. Good show! Smile Thumbs up Fordo Yo!
Brandon9
Brandon9
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:13 pm

That was truely brilliant (Commented on Youtube)! But how did you obtain $700?
Rogue
Rogue
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/commandershaun

Back to top Go down

Post by -Aki- Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:14 pm

That was awesome. The sets, the story, the purist squad!
-Aki-
-Aki-
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Republic Commando - Delta Squad I: Infiltration Point Flag_u10

Back to top Go down

Post by SithFilmer Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Rogue wrote:That was truely brilliant (Commented on Youtube)! But how did you obtain $700?

Thank you! I put out fliers for mowing lawns and got several permanent customers. That, and I didn't buy a lot of stuff unless it was for the movie.
SithFilmer
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mazz Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:22 pm

Excellent work. The commando squad was great. The base was big but you did not see to much of it in the movie. The SFX are great but some of them the screen got smaller. I hope there will be a part 2. Wink
mazz
mazz
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Republic Commando - Delta Squad I: Infiltration Point Flag_c10

https://www.youtube.com/user/MazzucaArtz

Back to top Go down

Post by SithFilmer Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:25 pm

mazz wrote:Excellent work. The commando squad was great. The base was big but you did not see to much of it in the movie. The SFX are great but some of them the screen got smaller. I hope there will be a part 2. Wink

Yes, I was kind of disappointed that I couldn't really include more of the base. I had originally planned it in the script, but it just didn't work out. And yes, the effects where the screen got smaller were done by a friend in EffectsLab, and I had no idea that it would shrink it. I fully intend to make a second one. Did you stay till after the credits? =P
SithFilmer
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pdragon27 Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Amazing film, but maybe use some more sounds from the game? Such as for the bacta reviver and the blaster bolts? Also, for your space scenes try adding motion? It looks a bit awkward next to the rest of the film...

All in all, this is an absolutely fantastic film!
pdragon27
pdragon27
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31819631@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:29 pm

Wow everything was just brilliant! The moving, the voices, everything! Hola Wow!
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Republic Commando - Delta Squad I: Infiltration Point Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

Post by mazz Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:29 pm

SithFilmer wrote:
mazz wrote:Excellent work. The commando squad was great. The base was big but you did not see to much of it in the movie. The SFX are great but some of them the screen got smaller. I hope there will be a part 2. Wink

Yes, I was kind of disappointed that I couldn't really include more of the base. I had originally planned it in the script, but it just didn't work out. And yes, the effects where the screen got smaller were done by a friend in EffectsLab, and I had no idea that it would shrink it. I fully intend to make a second one. Did you stay till after the credits? =P

Yes I did, that is why I put the wink at the end. The one thing that you should do for the next one is better space scenes.
mazz
mazz
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/MazzucaArtz

Back to top Go down

Post by SithFilmer Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:31 pm

pdragon27 wrote:Amazing film, but maybe use some more sounds from the game? Such as for the bacta reviver and the blaster bolts? Also, for your space scenes try adding motion? It looks a bit awkward next to the rest of the film...

All in all, this is an absolutely fantastic film!

There are a ton of RC sounds that I have, all that have no names; just numbers. It would've taken me quite a while to find even more of the sounds I could've used. I will, however, organize and rename those that I haven't already and use them in the next film. As for the space scenes, I don't have a program to animate the ships. I really hated including them, but I felt it necessary.

Thank you very much! It's this kind of criticism that helps me decide what to include in the next one.
SithFilmer
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RubbahBand Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:33 pm

Very smooth walking and lasers. Although the characters need more motion when they're talking (such as raising they're arms a bit up then down) . Overall great job! Smile

Last edited by Anomanzor on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
RubbahBand
RubbahBand
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37639510@N08

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:33 pm

SithFilmer wrote:
Rogue wrote:That was truely brilliant (Commented on Youtube)! But how did you obtain $700?

Thank you! I put out fliers for mowing lawns and got several permanent customers. That, and I didn't buy a lot of stuff unless it was for the movie.

Great strategy, yet that still is quite alot for just mowing lawns! Smile
Rogue
Rogue
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Garet6 Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:39 pm

Rogue wrote:
SithFilmer wrote:

Great strategy, yet that still is quite alot for just mowing lawns! Smile

Depends how many lawns were mown.
Garet6
Garet6
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Republic Commando - Delta Squad I: Infiltration Point Flag_u10

http://www.GPPProductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:42 pm

Garet6 wrote:

Wow, that's alot of lawns. Shocked
Rogue
Rogue
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SithFilmer Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:45 pm

Rogue wrote:
Garet6 wrote:

Wow, that's alot of lawns. Shocked

I think I had three different lawns at one point, all for no less than $20 each time. And of course, Christmas and my birthday gave me a bit of a boost.
SithFilmer
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:55 pm

Very nice, very nice. I think I may do that.
Rogue
Rogue
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by noobswatter Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:57 pm

Looks good.
Keep it up and you may get where pizzamovies and Garet6 are today!
noobswatter
noobswatter
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:12 pm

Nice work! The sound effects are perfectly placed and the entire timeline seemed professionaly edited. Frontpaged.
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by SithFilmer Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:22 pm

Clonecommando007 wrote:Nice work! The sound effects are perfectly placed and the entire timeline seemed professionaly edited. Frontpaged.

Wow! Thank you so much! I worked very hard on this, and I'm glad people are enjoying it.
SithFilmer
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next